Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

How Much More Do We Need To Be Reminded Of The Eastern Conference?

There are only 3 games slated in the NHL tonight.

NBCSN will show the Buffalo Sabres at the Pittsburgh Penguins for the 3rd time this season, ……

While

The Ducks are at home to the Blackhawks, not shown anywhere. Two of the 3 top teams in the league having to play 2nd fiddle to the East again. This happens weekly and has all year.

Word fail me.

BANNED

Country

Oh and of all you geniuses in the crowd, I am very aware that the broadcasting schedule is set well in advance.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I'm confused, if it's in Anaheim, how were you planning to broadcast the game when the Pens/Sabres game starts at 730 eastern? Unless the Ducks play at 430 in the afternoon I'm not seeing how the scheduled game is interfering.

BANNED

Country

It's obvious that nobody thinks that anybody on the other side of the Mississippi is going to be up at the 10:30 EST start time of the Hawks vs Ducks.

They would rather show an EST Prime Time Game in which there will be NO audience. Buffalo has been in or near the cellar from the outset of the season, yet NBCSN and the NHL Channel refuse to show games in their time slots from the West, no matter how good the teams are, or how important the games are.

The only way you see a Western Game, is if that team is on their one and only Eastern Road-Trip. Bettman and his regional rivalry Basketball BS makes me want to slap him.

Bettman clangs on and on about wanting to always kick-start interest in the NHL and to open it up to new fans, yet he refuses 3 times per week or more to show a Pacific Standard Time game in it's own time slot with either a 10:00pm or a 10:30pm starting time on the Eastern Seaboard.

If you really want to grow the game, then don't be afraid to show it when 2 of the teams are in the #1 and #3 TV markets, and show it live.
    Last edited by centrehice; 02-05-2014 at 03:09 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

So your complaint is that they are airing a game at 730 instead of the 10pm start for the ducks game? The 10pm start would put it up against the clippers/heat game being shown on espn.

SCF Rewards
    Country

So your complaint is that they are airing a game at 730 instead of the 10pm start for the ducks game? The 10pm start would put it up against the clippers/heat game being shown on espn.

Well, first of all there should have been a 3 hour pre-game show for the Chicago-Anaheim game, and secondly, if you ever have any issues with the NHL, just scream Gary Bettman's name at the top of your lungs and suddenly you make sense!

At least I think that was the logic behind this.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Well, first of all there should have been a 3 hour pre-game show for the Chicago-Anaheim game, and secondly, if you ever have any issues with the NHL, just scream Gary Bettman's name at the top of your lungs and suddenly you make sense!

At least I think that was the logic behind this.

Ah, well then, makes perfect sense lol.

BANNED

Country

Why would you bring up something as meaningless to me as the NBA? Or to any of us for that matter? Just re-read my post for what is in the post, not what you bring in yourself.

It's a pretty simple post to understand.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Why would you bring up something as meaningless to me as the NBA? Or to any of us for that matter? Just re-read my post for what is in the post, not what you bring in yourself.

It's a pretty simple post to understand.

Because if you put a ducks/hawks game up against the clippers/heat game it'll get killed in the ratings. You're not going to "grow the brand" if casual watchers have something else they're more likely to watch. I think this mostly stems from you hating the Pens. Because if you think they picked this game to be on because of the Sabres, well, yeah no.

BANNED

Country

It would not get killed in the ratings. Did you not see Hockey outperform in total league viewership last season? The NHL lead over the NBA in 9 of 13 markets.

Also the NHL has traditionally had 2% USA market saturation in all Sport aspects from TV to Merchandise. for almost the last 45-50 years.

Last year the NHL market saturation was 5% vs the NBA's 6%. The NFL leads with 37%, but Hockey is destroying what is left of the NBA.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast