Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BANNED

Blog Entries
    Country
    Twitter: @Varietyofcards See Weekendwarriorsportscards's Items on eBay

I'm thinking of moving to Charlotte, North Carolina - need help

I've decided that I want to try a new thing, a little bigger city, and something with more overall opportunity. I'm interested in business, sports, and natural health so I thought Charlotte would be a good choice. I stay in Columbia South Carolina now which is about 60 miles from Charlotte and my family is here too so I wanted to stay kind of close to them. I had the idea of moving to Charlotte around the 1st of November 2014. This will give me time at my current job to at least save up for a car as I don't have a vehicle at the moment. I have a full time landscaping job which is pretty decent pay, year round work, and a place I plan to stay at in the meantime. Right now my main debt is $500 a month rent.

In order to make the move easier it will definitely help to have a place to stay lined up and a job. The whole idea of moving is fairly new as I have yet to do any real research before presenting this thread. One thing that has popped into my mind is working for a sports card shop or perhaps someone that can pay me to deal with cards. Given my experience with cards off and on over the past 25 years I feel this would be a win win for both me and the other person. Thus one thing I am seeking then is insight into any card shops or dealers in or around the vacinity of Charlotte that may be in need of a helper and yes this would be on down the road a bit?

That is my initial thoughts on the subject. I will be following up within the thread when new things pop up. Your opinions and assistance are welcomed while touching on the good and bad of such a living decision along with any further input that will make for better preperation.

Thanks,

Brian

SCF Rewards
    Country

I currently live in Charlotte (and I know a few other members do too). There is one card shop that I know of that is probably the best I have been to in the country (I travel 98% of the time for work, so I've been to a few)-- his prices are great and the hits, insane (I have pulled more craziness there than anywhere). As for hiring, the owners are there every open hour, so I don't think there is that much opportunity there.

As for places, there are plenty of nice, affordable apartments all over the city.

Feel free to PM me with questions, it's a great city that is painful to leave every Monday morning....

BANNED

Blog Entries
    Country
    Twitter: @Varietyofcards See Weekendwarriorsportscards's Items on eBay

I currently live in Charlotte (and I know a few other members do too). There is one card shop that I know of that is probably the best I have been to in the country (I travel 98% of the time for work, so I've been to a few)-- his prices are great and the hits, insane (I have pulled more craziness there than anywhere). As for hiring, the owners are there every open hour, so I don't think there is that much opportunity there.

As for places, there are plenty of nice, affordable apartments all over the city.

Feel free to PM me with questions, it's a great city that is painful to leave every Monday morning....

Thanks for sharing.

I'm off to bed now and will message you later this week sometime.

OPG Storefront Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    New England Patriots Boston Bruins Boston Red Sox
    Twitter: @patriotsguy See patriots_football_guy's Items on eBay Instagram: Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale
    Member is PayPal Verified

Enigma may be able to help you as well