Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

So, in any given moment (especially in big cities) there's not a bunch of 911 calls being made?

I guess not.

BTW, you do know that in the U.S many PDs have quotas and this is usually when they purposely do this crap, right?

I do know that. I'm also generally with you. I'm also not so one sided as to think traffic cops have the job of enforcing more than traffic laws.

BANNED

Blog Entries
    Country

I never warn anybody if i see a cop.

If they dont want to follow the law. They deserve a ticket.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Personally, I'd love to be the guy warning everyone so that the PDs actually get to work and stop harassing people for nonsense.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

considering 38,000 people die from speeding each year, there is a need for traffic cops.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See shortking98's Items on eBay

considering 38,000 people die from speeding each year, there is a need for traffic cops.

Where did you get this statistic from? Are you talking globally or US numbers? As far as I can tell, this would not even be true for the US even if you assumed all motor vehicle deaths in the US were caused by speeding alone which is far from true.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

US census, read it a bit wrong, total number of traffic deaths were 38000, by speed is 10,500, so close to 1/3 of all traffic deaths are speed related.

https://www.census.gov/compendia/sta...es/12s1108.pdf

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See jgosportscards's Items on eBay

So, in any given moment (especially in big cities) there's not a bunch of 911 calls being made?

I guess not.

BTW, you do know that in the U.S many PDs have quotas and this is usually when they purposely do this crap, right?

That part about the quota is absolutely false.... Source: My father is a cop.

That assumption came from a group of radical cop-haters in the 90's....Police agencies have been trying to ward that stereotype off ever since, even providing open-book investigations of their own departments to show the people that this is indeed not true.

As far as the ole "Cops could be fightin' real crimes!"....Let me explain to you how patrol works. A police officer assigns his or herself radar duty when they're on down time. This is almost 100% a time filling duty that all patrol officers do. When a call comes in, the responding cop leaves radar duty, since it is indeed low priority.

I gotta be honest man, your arguments in these discussions seem very uneducated. I'm not trying to discount you or offend you, I'm not that kind of person, but your arguments that I've read have all been based off of here-say stereotypes.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Personally, I'd love to be the guy warning everyone so that the PDs actually get to work and stop harassing people for nonsense.

So you think speed limits should be abolished?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

This is easily one of the most disgusting parts about our police state society.

Cops who would rather trap innocent people, give them a hard time and then fine them hundreds of dollars while REAL criminals are out there doing REAL crimes.

There's a good reason why so many people genuinely HATE the cops.

just because the police are setting up speed traps or pulling people over for traffic violations doesn't mean they all are. There are others on patrols at the same time. The fact that they patrol or even sit in one area pulling people over means they have a presence in the community and that helps keep crime down to some degree. Speeders and reckless drivers can be hazardous. Plus they use it as a way to help fund themselves.

I do agree that pulling someone over flashing their headlights to warn of a speed trap is a stretch.

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

I have a severe problem with uneducated Cops, and their "superiority complex". Just do your job 25 year old, and stop acting like you are my dead Father, who if still alive, would never act so knobish.

I don't have a problem with police and radar and speed traps especially in areas where children frequent. I live on a busy street, that never used to be busy. There is never any radar on it, and I live 5 doors from the Po-Po and the Chief is a personal acquaintance, I bust his nads every week over the race track that is in front of both my house and the Police station. Still no radar on a regular basis.

They have lowered the speed to 20 from 25mph, but it has done nothing to discourage idjits from going between 50 and 60 frequently. last year a kid was picked off in the crosswalk, and just bumped a few feet, within 2 years a child, or children will die on this street, and I will be livid.

Speeders need fines to be upwards of $600.00. Hit them in the pocketbook.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast