Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

What's with the lack of Max Pacioretty cards?

Been wondering for awhile, why is it so rare to pull anything from Pacioretty? I know he's got jerseys and auto's out there, but as far as I know he's got nothing in series 1 as far as game jerseys go, no young gun no MVP, Victory or other cheap rookies either. For a guy drafted in the first round by the Habs it seems like we should be buried in his stuff. I came back into the hobby the year after his rookie season, so maybe I missed something. What's the deal?

SCF Rewards
    Country

He made his debut in his rookie year in January, which explains the lack of rookie cards (numerous products had already been released, and I'm sure others were already in production/checklist already decided).

Then consider that it took him about 3 years before he really started producing, a time in which he had teammates more likely to be in products such as Price, Subban, Kovalev, Gionta, Gomez (at one time lol), Markov, Plekanec, etc. so there was no need to put a young 3rd liner into a ton of products. Then he had his big season in 11-12, but I'm sure checklists had already been drawn up for those releases prior to the season being completed. So really I don't think there was much reason for card companies to really start featuring him until the past couple years, which I believe they've done? A quick look at ebay shows that he's in Series 1, BD, Prizm, Select, Dominon.....

A Canadiens fan could probably explain more though.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Great answer above that really sums it up. He debuted literally on the last day of eligibility for 2008-09 RC's (January 31st) and the checklists for most products had already been done up. That's why you only see him in six sets, all late-season releases and the only one that's an autograph being The Cup.

I expect now that he's got the long-term contract and appears to be a consistent 30+ goal scorer for the Habs he'll be getting into a lot more products in the years ahead.

Autograph content will hopefully be on the rise too, as it seems that the mainstays Price & Subban are increasingly showing up as redemption cards that take some time to get fulfilled.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thanks for the answers guys.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See andrew_co1's Items on eBay

im wondering the same on Lupul, was asking to trade for a nice hard signed lupul card pictured in leafs. Apparently, there isnt one. How good hes played last few years wouldnt hurt to have a few, seeing when he sucked with the Ducks theres a bunch!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Toronto Blue Jays Kansas City Chiefs
    See resurrect_my_collect's Items on eBay

Haha, I was going to say the same thing, Andrew, that Habs fans towards Pacioretty and Leaf fans towards Lupul are probably sharing the same frustration and confusion. Both guys are solid for their respective teams and are popular with the fans.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Hey! Don't forget about how bad Mr. Glass was when he was in Edmonton too! Great return for Chris Pronger that was.

im wondering the same on Lupul, was asking to trade for a nice hard signed lupul card pictured in leafs. Apparently, there isnt one. How good hes played last few years wouldnt hurt to have a few, seeing when he sucked with the Ducks theres a bunch!