Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2910111213 LastLast

Thread: Panini done?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See hockeyfan84's Items on eBay

I find Beckett tries to set the market and the prices instead of actually doing their job and reporting the prices of what cards actually sell for. Beckett under reports a card value when it is selling higher. All of a sudden that cards price drops as no one wants to pay more the what Beckett values the card at. Most people don't want to pay the SV let alone the BV.

This is why i dont give a rats*** about what the BV is and i recommend everyone else to avoid using it too as a tool on cards made after 2005.

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

This is why i dont give a rats*** about what the BV is and i recommend everyone else to avoid using it too as a tool on cards made after 2005.

Cards made after 2005 to me have limited intrinsic value, and carry no importance, so I am with you on that one. Lol. To me they are simply a commodity to make money on.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Blue Jays Toronto Maple Leafs
    See thehip_022's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gordandjo_07's Items on eBay

Yep Panini is toast !!!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Cleveland Indians Pittsburgh Penguins Boise State Broncos
    Twitter: @DFWGrapher Instagram:

For Panini, it's a small loss in the grand scheme of things. Hockey accounts for less than a fifth of the cards they release.

This is a make or break deal for Upper Deck, and it wouldn't surprise me if it proves to be a massive white elephant. The company has been on the brink of disaster for quite some time and with hockey's razor-thin profit margin, if they don't find a way to make it quickly profitable (in other words, we the collectors will be bent over a rail for a subpar product), they'll be headed down the tubes quickly.

The NHL is the same league who signed a TV deal with the Outdoor Life Network over ESPN. They changed the way they measure attendence just so they could claim record numbers of fans were attending games post-lockout. It's a league that doesn't know what the hell it's doing in anything related to marketing. This deal is further proof of that.

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

For Panini, it's a small loss in the grand scheme of things. Hockey accounts for less than a fifth of the cards they release.

This is a make or break deal for Upper Deck, and it wouldn't surprise me if it proves to be a massive white elephant. The company has been on the brink of disaster for quite some time and with hockey's razor-thin profit margin, if they don't find a way to make it quickly profitable (in other words, we the collectors will be bent over a rail for a subpar product), they'll be headed down the tubes quickly.

The NHL is the same league who signed a TV deal with the Outdoor Life Network over ESPN. They changed the way they measure attendence just so they could claim record numbers of fans were attending games post-lockout. It's a league that doesn't know what the hell it's doing in anything related to marketing. This deal is further proof of that.

Which has now become a very viable Channel in the NBC Sportsnetwork. I'd say that has worked out nicely. They also signed the deal with Versus, who had already transcended the old OLN and was under new ownership.

The NBCSN gig is the smartest thing the NHL has ever done in terms of television. Certainly that was not the pie in the sky that all Americans think that ESPNBA is, but it is now paying off. Disney needs to learn a lesson, and the NHL gave them some stick back for assuming that Hockey was dead.

News flash Americans, I like my Sports Channels to cover Sport, not spelling bees, cheerleading competitions, and chess.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

News flash Americans, I like my Sports Channels to cover Sport, not spelling bees, cheerleading competitions, and chess.

TSN covers all that. Poker too. It's not an American phenomenon. Sometimes, just no one is playing.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See andrew_co1's Items on eBay

Guess the OP was right afterall

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See jlai624's Items on eBay

Terrible news.....Not a UD hater at all but I just like the design Panini did way better... sad day!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Guess the OP was right afterall

Why is no one even making mention of this? The OP was vilified by some people on these boards. Yet, in the end...

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2910111213 LastLast