Howdy from Metro Washington, DC!

I'm somewhat new to the hobby (a few years) and very new to this forum (a few weeks or so).

I'm looking for some advice on how better to make trades.

Twice I have begun the process of making a trade - once looking to trade a redemption card for something one a member's photobucket page, but each time I asked about one of the items, there was an issue.

The second trade was a bit larger, trading a number of modern cards for a single vintage card.

Being a noob to the trade process, I may have not followed some rules or procedures properly, but again, tough to tell.

Anyone have some advice for me???

2. Wata Photo
    What were the issues? Was it with how they were shipped? The condition? Promptness of shipment?

Basically my advice would be to get a list or take photos/scans of your cards. It may seem like a lot of work but it makes it FAR easier to make deals happen.

Then describe the condition accurately.

Ship in a bubble mailer with cards in penny sleeves, top loaders, or what the needed protection for the card is needed. If you don't know feel free to ask in one of the card talk forums for whatever sport you collect.

People trade all different sorts of ways but the best is probably to check what your card goes for on eBay and then to find a match with the other trader. Some people won't trade 1 great card for 20 okay cards or they won't trade game used for rookies or whatever. Usually they will state this in their threads.

If you have any other questions just feel free to ask the community. People will be willing to help out and it is always better to ask BEFOREHAND so no misunderstands happen. There are a lot of experienced traders here so any problem, issue, or question you have they will be able to help you with.
    Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

Hey Ben, Welcome to SCF. Thanks for Joining!

Matthew.

Actually, neither trade never got off the ground.

What I was trying to figure out was if taking a day or two between replies, asking procedural questions and that sort of thing was frowned upon.

Quote Originally Posted by BuddyPants View Post
    Actually, neither trade never got off the ground.

What I was trying to figure out was if taking a day or two between replies, asking procedural questions and that sort of thing was frowned upon.
    There are probably some uptight people who are bothered by it but most people wouldn't be
    Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

Welcome to SCF. I am originally from the DC area but live in Atlanta now.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hello Ben and welcome to SCF.
    Hidden Content
    Collecting John David Booty Anthony Gonzalez DJ Shockley

Welcome to scf Ben, thanks for joining and just keep plugging away eventually you will get trades done. Take care Steve.
    All my teams stink.

Let us Pray.Hidden Content

Welcome to SCF Ben, enjoy yourself here, you came to a great place!
    Hidden Content
    **Hidden Content **
    Bucket Updated 4/5/14