Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 40 123411 ... LastLast
    Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

35th National Sports Collector Convention in Cleveland 2014(who is going?)

if anyone wants to set up at the Nationals and share a booth with some fellow SCF'ers feel free to drop me a pm.

I figured I post a thread to see who will be going with a few questions.

Are you going for 1 days or 4 days?

What your purpose in attending (auto guest, bust some cases, meet certain friends, see a
    certain dealer, catch a ball game, etc)?

What the best pick up you ever had at a previous National?

If you will be attending post here and I will create a list of SCf members contemplating going. Members then can see who will probably be attending as the event approaches. Always nice to meet members from the SCF Community. Feel free to drop a pm to folks that might be attending to help in locating things at the show, sending a note on a table with great deals, sharing a hotel room, going to a baseball game, etc.

SCF will be set up at Booth 128P.

Here the autograph lineup for the Nationals:

http://www.tristarproductions.com/National/index.html

National: July 30- Aug 3

Alomar, Roberto
    Barney, Lem
    Bench, Johnny
    Bleier, Rocky
    Brown, Jim
    Buoniconti, Nick
    Campbell, Earl
    Carew, Rod
    Carter, Cris
    Dawson, Dermontti
    Dean, Fred
    Dierdorf, Dan
    Duran, Roberto
    Eckersley, Dennis
    Erving, Julius
    Fisk, Carlton
    Francona, Terry
    George, Eddie
    Griese, Bob
    Griffin, Archie
    Ham, Jack
    Hannah, John
    Harris, Franco
    Hearns, Tommy
    Jackson, Reggie
    Johnson, Randy
    Justice, David
    Kaline, Al
    Lambert, Jack
    Leonard, Sugar Ray
    Martinez, Pedro
    Mazeroski, Bill
    Morgan, Joe
    Palmer, Jim
    Perez, Tony
    Rice, Jim
    Ripken Jr., Cal
    Robinson, Frank
    Rose, Pete
    Russell, Andy
    Sanders, Deion
    Ward, Hines
    Warfield, Paul
    Youngblood, Jack

Bobby Knight- Fri
    Dennis Rodman- Fri
    Barry Sanders- Sat

Jerome Bettis
    Joe Greene
    Eric Dickerson
    Steve Largent
    Tony Dorsett
    Len Dawson
    Joe Theismann
    Willie Roaf
    Paul Krause

Gordie Howe: Mr Hockey, Hockey Legend and Hall of Famer.

John Riggins: Former NY Jet and Washington Redskin, 1980’s All Decade Team, SB 17 MVP, Pro Football Hall of Famer

Jason Giambi: 5 Time All Star, 2000 ALMVP, Current Cleveland Indian

Jake LaMotta: Former Middleweight Champion, Known as the Raging Bull!

Jim Thome: Former Cleveland Indian Star, 600 Home Run Club Member, Rare Public Autograph Appearance - FRIDAY

Mike Singletary: Former Chicago Bear Middle Linebacker, 1980’s All Decade Team, 10 Time Pro Bowler, Pro FB Hall of Famer - SATURDAY

Rickey Henderson: Former Oakland A’s Star Outfielder, 10 Time All Star, 1990 ALMVP, 12 time Stolen Base Champion, Holds Numerous MLB Records, Hall of Fame 2009 – SATURDAY

Joe Torre: Former Brave, Cardinal, Met as a player: 9 Time All Star, 1971 NLMVP; As Manager 4 Time World Series Champion with the Yankees, 2 Time Manager of Year: Yankees Retiring his Jersey #6 Later This Year, Hall of Fame 2014- SUNDAY

We are proud to announce the addition of the following celebrities to the upcoming National show. Please include them in all future show marketing and promotion as soon as possible.

Andre Reed: New 2014 Pro Football Hall of Fame inductee, Former Buffalo Bill and 7 Time Pro Bowler. - THURSDAY

Warren Sapp: Former Tampa Bay and Oakland Raider Defensive Tackle, 1990’s and 2000’s All Decade Teams, 7 Time Pro Bowler, Pro FB Hall of Famer - FRIDAY

Bruce Smith: Former Buffalo Bills Legendary Defensive End, 11 Time Pro Bowler, NFL All Time Leader in Sacks (200), 1980’s and 1990’s All Decade Team, Pro FB Hall of Famer - THURSDAY

celebrities to the National show as VIP guests. Please include them in all future show marketing and promotion as soon as possible.

1. ™ ™ ™ Howard Johnson: “HoJo” Former Tiger, Mets, 30/30 when 30/30 was hard. 2X World Series Champion (Tigers and Mets), 2X Silver Slugger Award Winner. Popular Player.

2. ™ ™ ™ Andy Van Slyke: Popular former Cardinal and Pirate Center Fielder, 5 Time Gold Glove Winner, 3 Time All Star, his son is the starting 1st Baseman of the Dodgers.

3. ™ ™ ™ Rick Waits: Former Indians Starting Pitcher, hasn’t made a public autograph appearance in the Cleveland area in many, may years, if not ever.

4 Al Oliver – 7 time All Star, 3 Time Silver Slugger Award Winner, 1982 NL Batting Champion, 1971 World Series Champion, Former Pirate

5 Carlos Baerga: Former Cleveland Indian All Star 2nd Baseman. 3 Time All Star, 2 Time Silver Slugger Award Winner, Baerga became the first second baseman since Rogers Hornsby in 1922 to have back-to-back 200+ hit, 20+ home run, 100+ RBI, and .300+ average seasons when he accomplished the feat in 1992–93

6 Dale Murphy: Former Atlanta Brave Outfielder, 7 Time All Star, 2 Time NL MVP, (82-83) 5 Time Gold Glove Winner.

7Billy Sims: Former University of Oklahoma and Detroit Lion Running Back. 1978 Heisman Trophy Winner, 1980 NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year, 3 Time Pro Bowler, College Football Hall of Famer – WEDNESDAY.

8Jim Stillwagon: Former Ohio State Defensive Tackle, was the First Ever Lombardi Award Winner, Led OSU to the 1968 National Championship and Undefeated Season. College Football Hall of Famer-FRIDAY

9Len Barker: Former Indian All Star Pitcher, Threw a Perfect Game 5/15/81 vs the Blue Jays, Led the AL in Strikeouts in 1980. SUNDAY

List of Members thinking about going:

*censored* ; 14smoke2x ; accordionjacob ; balltravels; BSEBALLCOMMISH75; Bottom9th; bouncer; crjsr9; gladdyontherise; golfermatt91; hexthem4n; InDaSlot81; jbrown1128 ; kpeifer84; lambeauleap87 ; markshew; Michigandan; minimatt27; mlbfan85; palantri; phillyteamhater; postman; redwingfn7; redwingluke; Rken15; road_runner_1964 ; Rogulon;Rudickulous ; thegintergodfather;titansfan; TheIronHorse4 ; thegintergodfather; redwingfn7; road_runner_1964 ; shrewsbury ; walker066; wisportsnut77;zqxhit4817
    Last edited by doniceage; 07-12-2014 at 02:56 PM.

Baseball Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Detroit Pistons Detroit Lions Detroit Red Wings
    See cramkd117's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I will be there sat. & sun. for sure. Working on going the rest of the days yet.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Put me on the list. I will be there for three days would like to meet some other scf members
    Bring me your Tim Brown Autos, GU, and numbered.Hidden Content

R.I.P. chajones

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Ohio State Buckeyes Detroit Red Wings

Greetings:
    I'll be there & days I'll attend I'm waiting to see but for sure at least 2 1/2 days & Opening night. I might get a group for an Indians game but again stay tuned.
    "Any ballplayer that doesn't sign Autographs for little kids Ain't an American. He is a Communist"-Rogers Hornsby on Signing an Autograph as a Manager in 1942 with the St. Louis Browns.
    S.R.'75

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@rtghobbies

I live 20 minutes from the I-X Center, so I will be there for the entire convention! Looking forward to meeting a bunch of SCF'ers!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Cleveland Indians Buffalo Sabres Buffalo Bulls
    See scottkoz20's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack
    Send PayPal to scottkoz20 Member is PayPal Verified

i'm debating the pros and cons of going to Cleveland for a day or 2 myself this year... would have to go see a Tribe game regardless if i'm on my own or with a group.

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I will be there sat. & sun. for sure. Working on going the rest of the days yet.

See you there. Are you trying to get time off to accommodate being there the whole time or another issue.

Put me on the list. I will be there for three days would like to meet some other scf members

Done, see you there!

Greetings:
    I'll be there & days I'll attend I'm waiting to see but for sure at least 2 1/2 days & Opening night. I might get a group for an Indians game but again stay tuned.

See ya again. Will look for your updates on what you have planned !

I live 20 minutes from the I-X Center, so I will be there for the entire convention! Looking forward to meeting a bunch of SCF'ers!

Just like a couple a years ago. Must be nice being only 20 minutes away lol.

i'm debating the pros and cons of going to Cleveland for a day or 2 myself this year... would have to go see a Tribe game regardless if i'm on my own or with a group.

I assume one the big con's is the drive. Hopefully, you show and have a good time.

Don

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Cleveland Indians Buffalo Sabres Buffalo Bulls
    See scottkoz20's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack
    Send PayPal to scottkoz20 Member is PayPal Verified

I assume one the big con's is the drive. Hopefully, you show and have a good time.

being away for a night without the wife and minion. :) the drive is relatively easy

SCF Rewards
    Country

I might go for a couple of days. It really depends if I take a trip out to Oregon at the end of July.

Baseball Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Detroit Pistons Detroit Lions Detroit Red Wings
    See cramkd117's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

trying to get the vacation time, i put in for it back in december and got denied!!!

Page 1 of 40 123411 ... LastLast