Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

strange, are you not the one who said we know truth and reality, when I pointed out we did not, with FACTS, never heard from you again.
    So the fact that all the greatest minds in the world cannot agree on what reality is, yet we somehow not only know reality but can test it should be your first clue.
    HOW ABOUT ALL THE FORMAL SCIENCES? EVER HEAR OF THEM?
    any of the Theoretical disciplines, or mathematical disciplines?

I would suggest brushing back up on Philosophy, which is the beginning of all science, see how Kant, Humes, Plato, and Descartes (my favorite),
    viewed things. And without descartes science would have been held back by who knows how many more centuries, and Newton would have been stuck (to say the least).

No math = no science

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

the fact many are confusing empirical science with all science is perhaps the same reason many confuse being a Christian with the belief that the earth is 6000 years old or the Bible was written by God.

You know, because everyone saw the first half and completely missed this. I got his point immediately on reading it. Reading isn't hard.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Denver Broncos Montreal Canadiens Milwaukee Brewers
    See dmdean81's Items on eBay

You know, because everyone saw the first half and completely missed this. I got his point immediately on reading it. Reading isn't hard.

I honestly never heard of this until I read it on the board. I'm Roman Catholic and my wife is Missouri Synod Luthern

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gsj68's Items on eBay

I honestly never heard of this until I read it on the board. I'm Roman Catholic and my wife is Missouri Synod Luthern

wasn't long ago that I never heard of it,learned about it oddly enough from a James May(topgear}video on youtube

I knew about the concept but not the proper term it went by

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country
    See habsheaven's Items on eBay

strange, are you not the one who said we know truth and reality, when I pointed out we did not, with FACTS, never heard from you again.
    So the fact that all the greatest minds in the world cannot agree on what reality is, yet we somehow not only know reality but can test it should be your first clue.
    HOW ABOUT ALL THE FORMAL SCIENCES? EVER HEAR OF THEM?
    any of the Theoretical disciplines, or mathematical disciplines?

I would suggest brushing back up on Philosophy, which is the beginning of all science, see how Kant, Humes, Plato, and Descartes (my favorite),
    viewed things. And without descartes science would have been held back by who knows how many more centuries, and Newton would have been stuck (to say the least).

No math = no science

Is this directed at me, or centrehice? And where is your example of a scientific theory that is not testable?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

habs, just one?
    aquatic theory of human evolution

http://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/201.../#.Uw05IPldWmw

and I would hold this more plausible than the more accepted Savanna Hypothesis
    http://humanorigins.si.edu/research/...search/effects

and just for the record you realize that a hypothesis is a theory that cannot be proven. theories are ideas that can be true or can be used to explain facts, or attempt to explain.

and then just staying in the realm of human evolution we have the widely accepted,
    Modern Evolutionary Synthesis

http://www.icr.org/article/exploring...ntific-method/

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country
    See habsheaven's Items on eBay

habs, just one?
    aquatic theory of human evolution

http://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/201.../#.Uw05IPldWmw

and I would hold this more plausible than the more accepted Savanna Hypothesis
    http://humanorigins.si.edu/research/...search/effects

and just for the record you realize that a hypothesis is a theory that cannot be proven. theories are ideas that can be true or can be used to explain facts, or attempt to explain.

and then just staying in the realm of human evolution we have the widely accepted,
    Modern Evolutionary Synthesis

http://www.icr.org/article/exploring...ntific-method/

You are talking about hypotheses, not scientific theory. SCIENTIFIC theory by DEFINITION is testable. You can't take a hypothesis and call it a scientific theory and then claim it isn't testable.

SCF Rewards
    Country

YE Creationists are the absolute bottom of the barrel as far as I'm concerned in terms of reasonable people.

Again, there is no point in discussion with someone who refuses to apply simple reason and logic.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Imac7065's Items on eBay

So if I believe in Creation, but also that the earth is older than 6000 my head will explode because it's impossible for one to believe that?

Also, can you point out the number 6000 for me in the bible? I just want to make sure it isn't something that could easily be misinterpreted, like "a day is as a thousand years", or something like that.

someone already did that before I could :-)

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Imac7065's Items on eBay

So you demand that people use science to prove religion? Religion-based creation is a theory founded in historical documents. That makes it a valid theory. Evolution, Big Bang and a plethora of other terms that are accepted as fact by people like yourself are also theories. Saying that proof that a rock is billions of years old is proof that religion is false is just as off-base as saying the rock proves that the theory of evolution is fact. What that article proves is that they found a really old rock, nothing else.

And for the record, I am not a religious person, I just can grasp the logic that an old rock does not disprove religion.

People like you really need to learn what the word "theory" in science means..

Scientific Theory... a hypothesis tested over and over and although not able to be 100% proven, is widely accepted or denied by the greater scientific community.

A theory... something some person just made up.. usually out of no where with no evidence to back it up.

IE... "Dinosaurs lived below the K/T boundry which is 65 million years old. Because the K/T is topped with a layer of material only found in asteroids, it's safe to say an asteroid caused the extinction of the Dinosaurs" (Scientific Theory)..... "The bible says god created man and animal on day 6, thus Man and Dinosaur lived on earth at the same time" (Theory)
    Last edited by Imac7065; 02-26-2014 at 04:17 AM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast