Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Post California couple strikes gold after finding $10 million of 19th century coins

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...n-bonanza.html

A Northern California couple out walking their dog in February 2013 on their Gold Country property stumbled across a modern-day bonanza: $10 million in rare, mint-condition gold coins buried in the shadow of an old tree.

Nearly all of the 1,427 coins, dating from 1847 to 1894, are in uncirculated, mint condition, said David Hall, co-founder of Professional Coin Grading Service of Santa Ana, which recently authenticated them.

Although the face value of the gold pieces only adds up to about $27,000, some of them are so rare that coin experts say they could fetch nearly $1 million apiece.

'I don't like to say once-in-a-lifetime for anything, but you don't get an opportunity to handle this kind of material, a treasure like this, ever,' said veteran numismatist Don Kagin, who is representing the finders. 'It's like they found the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.'

Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

Good Grief ….

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Oakland Athletics
    COMC Cards For Sale

yeah now theyre paying out the butt for taxes

i wouldnt have said anything and sold about half of them off 1 by 1

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

I don't think I would have gone public with it either. Although with some of those coins in the $1 million dollar range paying taxes on it would probably be unavoidable. They could have pieced out the smaller valued coins and probably not had to pay taxes.

Maybe going public will help the future auction go for much more since more people will have heard the story.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees Los Angeles Lakers New York Giants
    See ajcorleone's Items on eBay

It would be hard to get half of the value without paying taxes.It is not just everyday someone is buying rare coins in the underground world LOL. So they are going to have to use some auction house.Even with taxes it is FREE MONEY.