Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

So with Panini out .... whats going to happen to the current value of all their stuff

Hey all

Just wondering everyones opinion.

Whats gonna happen with the ton of unopened boxes of Panini from 10/11 - Present? Are they gonna be let go super cheap, flooding the market and driving down prices of Panini stuff more? Are they gonna sit on shelves forever now? How about the products that are redemption heavy? Those are going to be even more of a gamble soon enough.

Im actually most interested in seeing what happens to the more "established" cards from Panini. 1st year Dominion RC Auto Patches /99 and 1st year Silhouettes /99 ...... are they gonne nose dive? I would say no, seeing as usually the high end stuff maintains some sort of value ..... but what about the mid end stuff? Im not sure if you can call these mid end cards ( by SVs ), but whats gonna happen to something like Contenders Auto Rookies? Dominion RCs /249 ... stuff like that.

IMO, a jersey card from Panini is the same as a jersey card from UD .... mass produced filler ........ but what about the stuff that people hope to retain value ... the rookies.

I also expect cards like ..... Prime Logos / Patches / Numbers to hold .... as well as some of the Veteran Silhouettes. Stuff that really made a splash in the market, that UD didnt already do.

What are your thoughts? Panini gonna become like Pacific stuff?
    *** Main PC - Roberto Luongo ***
    *** MOST WANTED - 12/13 PRIME COLORS "PATCH" ROBERTO LUONGO x/8 ***

Flickr ( not updated ) - Hidden Content
    Trade List - Hidden Content

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

Nothing wrong with Pacific stuff.

Try finding a 2001-02 Titanium Rookie card of Datsyuk Serial #/13, or even a 2002-03 Private Stock Zetterberg RC #/99. Them are some cards.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See miscs75's Items on eBay

I have a feeling it'll increase in value with Panini not producing hockey anymore.
    I collect Matt Dzieduszycki, Derek King, Pierre Turgeon (Isles only), Zigmund Palffy (Isles only) plus specific current Isles (mainly Wahlstrom, Dobson, Barzal, Beauvillier, Pulock)

All photos/lists can be found here:
    Hidden Content

Please, no more offers for tradebait. I have enough of it as it is.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@oldtimehockey29 See joeaverage67's Items on eBay

Try finding a 2001-02 Titanium Rookie card of Datsyuk Serial #/13, or even a 2002-03 Private Stock Zetterberg RC #/99. Them are some cards.

Yah what he said. I'm selling of my base and inserts lately and the Pacific and Donruss/Leaf stuff SELLS, UD not so much............

I think the demand from set collectors and player collectors will keep Panini's values relatively stable. What was junk before will still be junk and what was numbered to 4 or 5 or even 10 copies will still hold their value. I think............

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Detroit Red Wings Minnesota Vikings Phoenix Coyotes
    See mattdmc2931's Items on eBay Upper Deck ePack

All I know is that I'm going to miss having no Prizm next year .

Not sure what will happen with secondary values, I can't see boxes dropping much more than they already have and I can't see singles having any notable difference in value.

SCF Rewards
    Country

You kind of picked out the 1% of Pacific that still sells, and really the Titanium Rookies /99 and Private Stock Rookies /99 dont hold compared to other UD rookies that would fall in the same category. I believe the going price of a Fleury Private Stock /99 or Titanium /99 is about the same right now as his Young Guns rookie. And im almost certain, not taking value into comparison, most collectors will want a Young Guns Zetterberg, over his Private Stock or Titanium .... then we can talk about their going rates.

You tell me to "try and find" these cards ...... im not talking rarity. Try finding any card short printed made 10 - 15ish years ago. Rare doesnt always mean valuable =)

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See the*cup's Items on eBay

I have a feeling it'll increase in value with Panini not producing hockey anymore.

I agree for certain cards, such as Prime Ties and the Prizm Refractors, since there will not be more of these made. In other words, players will now only ever have one Prizm XFractor, etc.

RC's will take a hit though, as their collectibility relies more heavily on tradition/brand recognition (ackowledged by the poster above me).

SCF Rewards
    Country

The difference between Panini and Pacific is that Pacific went out of business. Panini is still going to be around. When Pacific went out whatever they still had for inventory was basically leaked onto the market or liquidated. That won't happen with Panini especially if they think they can get the NHL license back.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

You kind of picked out the 1% of Pacific that still sells, and really the Titanium Rookies /99 and Private Stock Rookies /99 dont hold compared to other UD rookies that would fall in the same category. I believe the going price of a Fleury Private Stock /99 or Titanium /99 is about the same right now as his Young Guns rookie. And im almost certain, not taking value into comparison, most collectors will want a Young Guns Zetterberg, over his Private Stock or Titanium .... then we can talk about their going rates.

You tell me to "try and find" these cards ...... im not talking rarity. Try finding any card short printed made 10 - 15ish years ago. Rare doesnt always mean valuable =)

All those wonderful Inserts Like Revolution Ornaments, Crown Royal Freeze-out Die-Cuts to name only 2 of hundreds.

SCF Rewards
    Country

All those wonderful Inserts Like Revolution Ornaments, Crown Royal Freeze-out Die-Cuts to name only 2 of hundreds.

Revolution Ornaments
    http://www.ebay.com/sch/Hockey-/216/i.html?_sop=10&_from=R40&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&_ nkw=Revolution+Ornaments

Crown Royale Freeze Out
    http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=Revolution+Ornaments&_sop=10&LH_Sold= 1&_osacat=216&_from=R40&LH_Complete=1&_trksid=p204 5573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.XCrown+Royal+Freeze-out&_nkw=Crown+Royal+Freeze-out&_sacat=216

Not saying the cards arnt sweet ....... but they arnt really still heating up the hockey scene. I have a binder full of sweet stuff from the mid - late 90s ..... and I love collecting that stuff!

- Flair Hot Gloves
    - Summit In The Crease
    - Donruss Between The Pipes
    - Leaf Limited Stick Side
    - Ultra Premier Padmen
    - Donruss Painted Warriors

All sets im working on and really want to finish.

This thread is more so .... for cards like ....

- Contenders Auto Rookies
    - Crown Royale Silhouettes
    - Dominion Rookie Auto Patches
    - Limited Auto Rookies
    - Luxury Suite Rookie Auto Jerseys

of the mid - bigger rookies - Hall / Seguin / Eberle / Skinner / Subban / Schenn / Nugent-Hopkins / Landeskog / etc etc etc

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast