Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BANNED

Country
    See Rustyisin65's Items on eBay

An auto'd hockey book for the ultimate collector 92 Hall of Fame signatures

For the Love of Hockey (1999) autographed book with 92 Hall of Fame signatures. The last copy of this book sold for over $8000 (with buyers premium) at fall 2013 Classic Auctions. You may never need to buy another autographed card or piece of memoribilia again since it's all in this book. Has almost every significant Hall of Fame autograph from players since 1950. The best part? Every autograph is "hard signed" directly on the page.Check the list:
    GRETZKY, GORDIE HOWE, MAURICE RICHARD, JEAN BELIVEAU, FRANK MAHOVLICH, BOWER, GLENN HALL, BOBBY HULL, MIKITA, BUCYK, ORR, BERNIE PARENT, BOURQUE, YZERMAN, MARIO LEMIEUX, PATRICK ROY, HASEK, GILBERT PERREAULT, ETC.
    Plus deceased Hall of Famers:
    BERNIE GEOFFRION, LORNE WORSLEY, ROCKET RICHARD, ETC.
    I have a scan with the full list.
    Has Upper Deck Authenticated stamp on the Gretzky page.
    You may never see this book offered again. A collectors dream.
    $3999usd

Last edited by rustyisin; 02-19-2015 at 03:29 PM.

BANNED

Country

bump this one...Beliveau has passed since I last posted this.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See andrew_co1's Items on eBay

if it sold for 8000$ at classic auction, why not run it through them? same audience all the time over there

BANNED

Country

Andrewconnors9 - comments in the "hockey chat" section.
    This item is for sale

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Green Bay Packers

Andrewconnors9 - comments in the "hockey chat" section.
    This item is for sale

I believe he was just trying to help.

Quite the book.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (112)
    Country
    See fastmax4hockey's Items on eBay

That is a spectacular book for sure but lets have some facts here. What is the serial # on this one? Is it a players copy? There were only 100 of them made for each player and yes, 4 of them have sold for $5500-$6500 (Roy, Howell, Bathgate, Beliveau, Geoffrion, ect.) +20% buyers premium. The regular editions, still limited to 300 copies and very rare, average around $3000 +20% buyers premium. All bidding is done in USD also. The asking price of $3999 is, in my opinion, is a reasonable amount. As to the why don't you sell it on Classic Auctions question, there is a consignment fee also that is not cheap. Around 10-20% I do believe, depending on the "value" of your item and the contract you agree to so I can see why the seller here would rather not consign. There is one up for auction right now on Classic Auctions.

Hope this helps with the sale. Honestly, if I had the cash, I would be making an offer.

BANNED

Country

thanks 72hockeyman

I also doubt that Classic auctions will take some high end part trade for a collector a little short on cash but long on inventory.

To add more clarity. The book that sold for over 8K was Patrick Roy's personal book which he signed twice. I've seen net sales as low as $2500 net - but many many years ago before Geoffrion, Worsley, Beliveau, etc. passed away.

The key here is that all these players have signed in one certified book. You can find individual hockey cards of each of the Hall of Famers here. But it will likely cost you 3x this book to obtain them.

I have a copy I'll pass to my son and 2 extra copies that are available.

I'm honestly not worried about the sale. I have plenty of high end that I'd blow out before this one.

BANNED

Country

There is one up for auction right now on Classic Auctions.

With one day left at Classic auctions on their book, the total minimum cost for Canadian buyer is in the range of $3300usd plus postage - and will likely climb higher.
    I'm willing to match this price with free delivery.
    If the Classic climbs a bit higher I will hold this cost. If the Classic ends close to 3K I will need to adjust my price accordingly

BANNED

Country

Final net price on the Classic book was $3700usd plus taxes and postage.

Still accepting offers

BANNED

Country

a couple of close offers - but not close enough
    This book is more for the buyer who appreciates history than the one that spends 5K on a MacKinnon cup rookie

bump

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast