Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I have an issue with this. I am fine with not counting additions like ST addresses (in all honesty, we do have like 8 forums for ST, if you wanna get a player, look up what team he's on and the associated address), but like I said in the PM to arfmax, I feel like team addresses shouldnt count against. I used the baseball forum as an example. Any baseball player you can imagine has a team associated with him. Not everybody can get access to home addys, but the teams work too. I have not added to baseball, but one section that I did do/ focused on was basketball, specifically players NOT on the TTMM that should have been. Some players (like Sergey Karasev told me at a charge game) look through their fan mail and will sign there. These addresses, while they may seem simple and pointless, do work! So I ask again, why are they not allowed. I can see where some forms of this is cheating, but if these are legit addresses, why are we banishing those from the contest?

This doesn't hurt me either way, I believe, as I also added a lot of wrestlers and actors, but still just a question on my end.

First thanks to all of your efforts in the TTMM and for all you bring as a member of the autograph community here at SCF! You have added many great addresses into the TTMM and added positively to many posts here within the autograph community. Here is why I chose to exclude the c/o team addresses in my original post in this thread for the contest. We have team addresses in the TTMM and they could also be found along with the rosters on any professional teams website. It takes very little effort and very little research to obtain them. It only takes any member a few seconds to look up a team address for a active player. They do not add value without a c/o team address being tested. The hopes was to add more value into the TTMM with addresses for retired players or different addresses for current players. Should someone have success or failure with a player via a mailing to a player c/o a team address that does add value by showing a success rate and just adding c/o team addresses without a mailing does not in my mind. Entering an address for a retired player that we may not have in the database adds value as members have a way of trying to contact the player when we did not in the past. Some active players may not sign via a team address, but may sign for instance with a fee to a charity organization and that address adds value to the database with a way to obtain a TTM when the via team address does not work. I did discuss in the original post that we were not trying add certain types of addresses:

"I want to reward the member who adds the most new addresses to the database for the month of March 2013! Please, do not just overload the database with Joe Schmoe c/o Team addresses! Do not enter duplicate addresses for instance spelling out post office box instead of PO Box for an existing address. We also will not count as addresses post into the TTMM just placing the fact a player has passed?"

Does the c/o team addresses add value to the TTMM? They do have the potential to, when they are tested. It is like having a pocket full of foreign currency in your pocket and pulling up to a McDonalds in Bowling Green, Kentucky wanting a Big Mac meal. You may have a ton of Pesos, but until they are converted into dollars they will not help you get a value meal.
    Hidden Content ~ best SCF feature ever!
    Go Mets, Colts, Reds and The Ohio State University
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Like I said, I understand and still believe even with my NBA addresses added, I believe I have added lots of other great material like actors and wrestlers. Anyway we could see an updated score tally though?

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

27gridiron 2
    30ranfordfan 1
    34BoJackson16 1
    3shooter15 6
    ajcorleone 1
    andyvizzle 1
    arfmax 2
    arinesmith 1
    autographs2010 3
    berube37 1
    bicemusic 4
    biggsy2323 25
    BigRedMachine 2
    BillyOcean 1
    bryson120 13
    buddyg13 2
    Calebssportscards 12
    cardsfan345 1
    cbtvideos 26
    chitownautos 73
    chr5399 1
    Chris819 4
    ChrisjoeNJD 1
    CliffAnderson92 79
    coclarkson 3
    collector41 2
    cool-vintage 1
    crookedvulture68 1
    cubbies4ever 6
    cy young 3
    Dean28 1
    delones24 13
    dgarden 1
    DHealy26 1
    dhuxos 1
    DnJcards 1
    DonnyBaron45 1
    dravensdad10 2
    druce26 10
    dsolzman 2
    Eddie_2 1
    fihsermanate 1
    galvamega 1
    gdfitch 3
    Gmbs82 3
    GoTerps04 1
    gratiotknight 1
    hockeyfan221 3
    imcoop 7
    indyreds 7
    IronpigsJsmull 1
    jdy0385 10
    Jeremy_Falcons 1
    jimmyf21 10
    jkflemm 16
    Jstafford4897 3
    J_A_S_Z 1
    lautnerfied 6
    LeJHa 4
    levi 6
    LRV 1
    marty77 4
    michaeltswank 1
    mikedmatthews 8
    nfllivewire 3
    NyjerMorgan77 6
    Oak 4
    oucats02 7
    Phillies Fan 3
    PhyteGuru 1
    pjmusickid 1
    primetime27 17
    RAppel14 1
    RealBrianD 2
    reecer31 3
    rickyluke 7
    Riggs 1
    rinoblast05 2
    Robextend 12
    Rudickulous 133
    Ryanmillerfan30 9
    sanfrangiants55 1
    Sbuhner 1
    Scout85autos 1
    Shilliar 1
    silojohnson 1
    smrbraves 1
    southsidegraphs24 1
    Spiegel83 1
    SportsAholic101 5
    starcollector53 1
    stesurbarsa 1
    Striker83 15
    tberryment 1
    TheNickster17 1
    TideFanDan 6
    trancenental 1
    tyd65 1
    WarHorse 1
    wechillum 1
    wolfman4christ 1
    wongcastle 19
    WVSU71 1
    xtra-innings 1

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Just a few hours to go!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Hey everybody who competed. I wish you the best here at the end.

For those who didn't or even those who did, I think we should reflect on something that was posted earlier on this forum. It was the idea that we really dont have any feature that informs us what addresses are new or what new additions were made. I am not sure about the rest of the people competing, but I have been trying to keep an updated list of all the players/actors/wrestlers/etc. that I have added. Following this paragraph is a short list of the people you can now find in the forum or people with new addresses in the forum. I hope these addresses not only work, but help you all out in future TTMs.

Jeff Adrien, Nick Wolters, Giannis Ante, Sergey Karasev, Jamaal Franklin, Rudy Gobert, Jeremy Evans, Malcolm Thomas, Luke Babbitt, Jeff Withey, Alexis Ajinca, Henry Sims, Brandon Davies, Lorenzo Brown, Elliot Williams, Cole Aldrich, MarShon Brooks, Ryan Kelly, Ronnie Price, Victor Claver, Bruce Dern, Eva Green, Jared Bayless, Arinze Onuaku, Ryan Hollins, Jeff Ayres, Aron Baynes, Patty Mills, Omri Casspi, Donatas Motiejunas, Robert Covington, Hasheem Thabeet, Steven Adams, Gal Mekel, Bernard James, Shane Larkin, Chris Babb, Chris Johnson, Vitor Faverani, Kentavious Caldwell-Pope, Gigi Datome, Peyton Siva, Kevin Seraphin, Garrett Temple, Chris Singleton, Darius Johnson-Odom, Jarvis Varnado, Hollis Thompson, Michael Carter-Williams, Chase Budinger, Gorgei Dieng, Archie Goodwin, Dionte Christmas, Gerald Green, Markieff Morris, Shavlik Randolph, Ish Smith, Aaron Gray, Patrick Beverley, Troy Daniels, Greg Smith, Justin Hamilton, Ognjen Kuzmic, Toure Murray, Jannero Pargo, Pero Antic, DeMarre Carroll, Mike Muscala, Tyshawn Taylor (new addy), Daniel Orton, Zeke Marshall, LaVoy Allen (New addy), George R.R. Martin, Eli Cottonwood, Thomas Ian Nicholas, Perry Saturn, “Hacksaw” Jim Duggan, Ray Lloyd (WCW’s Glacier), Colt Cabana, Shark Boy, Larry Zbyszko, Patrick Duffy, Dennis Leary, Stanley Tucci, Olivia Newton-John, Toni Collette, Jonathan Rhys Meyers, Arlene Dahl, Danila Kozlovsky, Bruce Kulick, Jazz, John Hurt, Betty Buckley, Kris Kristofferson, Ray Stevenson, Adam Ferrara, Ilkay Gundogan, MVP, Carlos Colon Jr., Kevin Gilbride Jr., Jim Perry, Robert Loggia, Macklemore, Scott Stanford, Stirling Moss, Joe Manganiello, Ricky Gervais, Al Roker, T.J. Thyne, Abdullah The butcher, Amazing Red, Santino Marella, Shawn Stasiak, Jack Swagger, The Bella Twins, Matt Korklan (New Addy), Jim Brunzell, Hillbilly Jim (New Addy), Caylen Croft, the blue meanie, Shane Helms, Maria Kanellis, Nathan Kress

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

27gridiron 2
    30ranfordfan 1
    34BoJackson16 1
    3shooter15 6
    ajcorleone 1
    andyvizzle 1
    arfmax 3
    arinesmith 1
    autographs2010 6
    berube37 1
    bicemusic 4
    biggsy2323 28
    BigRedMachine 2
    BillyBuck 1
    BillyOcean 1
    blwinborn36 4
    Bryan81 2
    bryson120 14
    buddyg13 2
    Calebssportscards 12
    cardsfan345 1
    cbtvideos 27
    chitownautos 92
    chr5399 1
    Chris819 5
    ChrisjoeNJD 1
    CliffAnderson92 181
    coclarkson 3
    collector41 2
    comfortably9numb 1
    cool-vintage 1
    crookedvulture68 1
    cubbies4ever 8
    cy young 3
    Dean28 1
    delones24 21
    dgarden 2
    DHealy26 1
    dhuxos 1
    DnJcards 1
    DonnyBaron45 1
    dravensdad10 2
    druce26 10
    dsolzman 2
    Eddie_2 1
    edmoiler13 4
    fihsermanate 1
    frazier114 1
    galvamega 1
    gdfitch 4
    Gmbs82 3
    GoTerps04 1
    gratiotknight 2
    hockeyfan221 4
    imcoop 7
    indyreds 7
    IronpigsJsmull 1
    jdy0385 10
    Jeremy_Falcons 1
    jham34 1
    jimmyf21 16
    jkflemm 16
    Jstafford4897 6
    J_A_S_Z 1
    lautnerfied 8
    LeJHa 4
    levi 10
    locbolo 1
    LRV 1
    marty77 10
    michaeltswank 1
    mikedmatthews 10
    nfllivewire 3
    njderek 1
    NyjerMorgan77 12
    Oak 4
    oucats02 8
    Phillies Fan 3
    PhyteGuru 1
    pjmusickid 1
    primetime27 19
    RAppel14 1
    RealBrianD 2
    reecer31 3
    rickyluke 18
    Riggs 2
    rinoblast05 2
    Robextend 18
    Rudickulous 152
    Ryanmillerfan30 9
    sanfrangiants55 1
    Sbuhner 1
    Scout85autos 2
    sfgiantschamps3 1
    Shilliar 1
    silojohnson 1
    smrbraves 1
    southsidegraphs24 1
    Spiegel83 1
    SportsAholic101 5
    starcollector53 1
    stesurbarsa 1
    Striker83 26
    tberryment 1
    TheNickster17 1
    TideFanDan 8
    trancenental 1
    tyd65 1
    WarHorse 1
    wechillum 1
    wolfman4christ 1
    wongcastle 24
    WVSU71 1
    xtra-innings 2
    Total number of addresses queried: 939

We missed the 1,000 total new address goal by just a little. We ended up with two winners! CliffAnderson92 181 entries and Rudickulous 152 entries both averaged more than five addresses a day added into the TTMM. They accounted for like a third of the addresses for March. Hopefully their additions will help many other members add new signatures to their collections! I was lucky enough to have gotten three Wil Myers Trump Signature Series Baseballs signed IP back when I had seen him and it works out great to be able to share two with members of the autograph community. Congrats to those two winners and to everyone here at SCF for making this the best autograph community on the internet. Thanks to all the members who make new entries into the database even when we are not having a contest. I am proud to be a small part of this autograph community and appreciate all the help you folks have given to me in building my collection over the years!

I will get the two winners baseballs mailed out on Friday.

Should you want to share a photo once you get them I am sure a few members might like to see them. It is up to you to share if you would like to or not.

See you all around the boards and keep the successes rolling!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I love baseball and am so excited to have won! It will be the first autographed baseball in my collection! I'm also glad that Rudickulous won also, because it was a really nerve racking competition, because I knew how much he wanted to win too! But every single address uploaded by everyone are all very helpful.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Well while my competitive side is a little disappointed that I didn't take 1st overall, I am super grateful to Indyreds for his generosity. Hats off to you CliffAnderson92, ya got me in the end and won the contest. Congrats to you. I just hope these addresses will help the community as a whole!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Thanks for sharing the photo and for all the efforts you took to win. You would end up posting that as he plays against my REDS? The reds announcers were raving over his arm and a throw he made from the outfield wall the other day. Then again St Ritas sisters of the poor could look good playing against them right now.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast