Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Graphing the NCAA Tournament

I happen to live in St Louis, and would LOVE to try to graph the NCAA Tournament here. I don't have tix to the games, so I was wondering if anyone has ever successfully graphed this event before. Im pretty sure I know what hotel the teams are at, but would security even let me have a chance? What would you guys recommend? has anyone ever graphed the NCAA Tournament WITHOUT having a ticket? any tips?

SCF Rewards
    Country

I tried getting a book signed once in 2012 by an ESPN writer but security was so tight. My best option is to send the book TTM. I went to the open practice and couldn't even get a photo with Verne or Bill.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I had a friend in Indianapolis who graphed some coaches meeting years ago they had along with the March Madness Tournament? It might be something to look into as to when that is and where at. I do not know if it was at a Final Four site or what, but his item was amazing. The basketball that he pulled out from the event was just covered in autographs from some of the biggest names in coaching! It looked like 50-60 signatures on it! He had Bobby Knight, Coach K and all the huge names. That year he did it was at the convention center next to the old RCA Dome and he said there was like no autograph hounds around but him. I know NCAA basketball is all about the players, but let's be honest the coaches have become huge stars as well. I doubt Steve is on here as he was never about anything, but IP graphing. In the rare chance you are I would love to see a few pics of that basketball! We have all seen items that we are envious of and that is definitely an item that was one of those for me!

To answer the original question... It seems that every hotel has it's own policy for autograph hounds. Even at the hotel different security guys seem to have their own policy as well. It is always a crap shoot for hotel graphing. I have been to some hotels that allow you inside and just wait for players to come by and other hotels that literally want you off the property and across the street. I never really cared much for graphing at hotels as they are such a crap shoot. I actually was talked into graphing the World Basketball Championships one night when they were in Indianapolis. I went down and there might have been six total guys that night trying to get signatures. George Karl was the coach and once the bus hit the hotel we all headed into the lobby. I had purchased a book about Coach Karl and approached him with it. He was like the greatest guy ever and we talked for a little while after he signed my book. I turned around and all of the other autograph hounds were no where to be found. I saw Paul Pierce and got his autograph and a few other guys. I then looked outside to see my friends out there. I walked out to find out they had been asked to go outside by security and not to bother the guests? I actually had a great graphing night as I had gotten like 8 or 9 players and the coach. They each had only grabbed one or two players. Should you try the hotel route tell us how it goes. You might do just as well waiting for the bus to bring the players over and trying to get them at the venue then.
    Hidden Content ~ best SCF feature ever!
    Go Mets, Colts, Reds and The Ohio State University
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

That's re George Karl. I tried TTM but it was stamped.