Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    New York Mets Boise State Broncos Syracuse Orange
    Twitter: @jrlebert See jean.ramon's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale

yazfan71 - Yastrzemski Family Memorabilia Super Collector

Congratulations to Kelly (yazfan71) on being inducted into the Memorabilia HOF. He has an amazing collection of three generations of Yastrzemski's! Here is more on his collection, in his words:

Thank you again for the honor of being named a Memorabilia Super Collector for my Yastrzemski collection. Collecting Carl was an easy decision for me since he hit the first home run I had ever seen. It was while I was attending my first MLB game with my grandfather back in 1976. Cards were pretty much the only items available to me at that time since I lived in the Midwest & the internet was still to be invented. I had just been dabbling in memorabilia for a couple decades until a couple years ago when I made the decision to collect all three generations of Yastrzemski's, to which I owe thanks to my youngest son for putting that idea in my head! Memorabilia was pretty much the only thing out there to acquire for Carl's son & grandson as there were only a total of 10 cards released between the two of them prior to 2013.

Currently in my collection I have 15 autographed items from Carl, 3 of his son Mike & 4 of his grandson Michael. I also have somewhere in the neighborhood of 100-150 unsigned items, with the majority of them being of Carl. I hope to eventually be able to get one item signed by all three, but this will be more difficult as Mike passed away in 2004.

Without any further ramblings from me, here are my 5 favorite pieces in my memorabilia collection:

1969 Transogram Carl Yastrzemski (unopened)

1971 Boston Red Sox Cloth Team Schedule

1st signed item of Carl

1st signed item of Carl's son, Mike

Michael's game worn cap with Aberdeen 07/04/13

Thanks again,
    Kelly

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Twitter: @yazfan71

Added this one recently. #/500

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Newest piece to the collection...
    Attached Images Attached Images

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Got a few new pieces to add to the collection over the Father's Day weekend.

Got my 2nd Yastrzemski signature on this index card at the Shorebirds game over the weekend. Only one more signature to go to make it complete.

Also got the line up card from the game.

Went to the TinCaps game on Father's day & got this helmet signed by the entire roster.

Also got All-Star Mallex Smith to sign & inscribe the program from the game. (His final game as a TinCap before he got promoted.)

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Got a few new Yastrzemski pieces to add to my collection.

2014 Shorebirds poster.jpg
    2014 Delmarva Shorebirds schedule poster

2014 frederick keys mike yaz game used auto cap.jpg
    Mike Yastrzemski game worn autographed cap from 06/27/14 Frederick Keys

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Got this SGA poster through my contact at Delmarva along with the team set. Wasn't expecting the poster as they only had 1000 that were to be given away the doors. Figured they'd have all been gone.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

So, I received another email from my contact at Delmarva informing me that they had a couple of Mike's jerseys for sale if I wanted them before they went up for auction. Unfortunately, with me working 12 hour shifts I basically lose an entire day just for one round of emails back & forth, so somebody else beat me to the punch on both of them. He did however still have Mike's nameplate from the back of his white home jersey if I wanted it! I didn't hesitate to call him immediately since I got this email on one of my off days! It may not be an entire jersey, but it's the one thing that wasn't on either of the other 2 that were sold, so I am extremely happy! Wifey was also pleased that I didn't have to spend a few hundred dollars as well.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Well, my wife & I just got home from an overnight trip to Cincinnati as she wanted to go to the zoo over there for our anniversary. I guess since all the kids are grown & moved out she needed to see some animals! Anyway, we get home tonight & I stop to check the mail & I get this nice little surprise from my contact over at the Bowie Baysox.

Mike's locker nameplate that he sent to me for being such a loyal fan! Either that or he was just tired of me bugging him if they had anything! LOL!

Either way, it made my day to get it!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

So now my run of game used items for Mike from every MiLB team is now complete! Game used caps from Aberdeen & Frederick, the game used jersey nameplate from Delmarva & now this from Bowie:

Not only was this the one that I liked the best from the 4 that Bowie had to offer, it also went for the least amount of money, so I had enough left over to get an item signed from Carl during his once a year public signing. I was thrilled to finally get this item signed by Carl. It is the new pinnacle to my collection & quite possibly the only item in existence signed by all three generations!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

So, it's been a while since I've updated this thread. Here are a couple of items that I've picked up since my last update:

Fenway Park SGA from 09/22/13 commemorating the unveiling of Carl's statue outside the stadium.

1985 Durham Bulls team signed ball featuring Carl's son Mike.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast