Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@oldtimehockey29 See joeaverage67's Items on eBay

The Show & Tell that made me quit the hobby :D

You wanna know why SCF is awesome and why it sucks all at the same time, if you're weak? I'll tell you why........because of the people here constantly bombarding you with cards to buy. Amazingggggg cards, cards that you WANT, that you NEED, that you CANNOT live without. If you're weak.

It took me 6 and 3 months respectively to pay for these two little lots, I bought them from Chris & Sebas, they kept saying "no problem, take your time" but it WEIGHS on you, ya know?? Plus you want ALL of the other things as well............if you're weak.

So thanks to Chris and Sebas, and Steffen who got me hooked on the shinies and turned my little Habs and vintage Canucks PC into the nuclear blast site that it is now, it is FOR REAL time to step back and sort out what I want and what I don't and load up all of the extras onto TurboLister now that I have a brand-new (refurbished) computer and sell sell SELL! Unless I see a Kesler 1/1 or /5. I mean, let's be sensible here :D

Todays mail from Chris then, this is some goooooooood stuff :)

And then, from Sebas, who saw I had two 06/07 ITG Ultimate Habs Retro Teammates and offered me the other four............ a whole different kind of goooooood..............

PLUS 2 bonus cards!

Soooooo yeah. Where do you go from here? Nowhere, really................. time to re-jig my displays and cut my collection down to something manage-able. HUGE thanks to Chris and Sebas, that was the best mailday ever :)

Byeeeee Felicia.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See pidge27's Items on eBay

Wow those are some great looking additions Ed! Congrats on adding to your graded Habs collection! Those retro teammates are awesome too!
    Hidden Content

Looking for 01-02, 02-03 BTP memorabilia

SCF Rewards
    Country

Wow those are some great looking additions Ed! Congrats on adding to your graded Habs collection! Those retro teammates are awesome too!

Thanks Paulie! But I'm exhausted just looking at 'em now, it's more of a relief knowing they're paid off than actually having them :(

Next up is the Paul Johnson Memorial Pay-It-Forward Grand Finale Giveaway after I buy a new scanner haha. Don't worry about the "Memorial" part, you don't have to be dead, it just sounds better :)

SCF Graphics

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See dnjcards's Items on eBay

The man with no self control haha, amazing pickups Ed!!!!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Ottawa Senators Toronto Blue Jays Toronto Raptors
    See hossa18sens's Items on eBay

I hope you can look at them down the road without the :(

I won't send you pics in that size of pile anymore. (one at a time from now on)

SCF Rewards
    Country

I hope you can look at them down the road without the :(

I won't send you pics in that size of pile anymore. (one at a time from now on)

Hahahaaa!! It's just.......I don't even know. I read a thread on HI earlier today about a guy who had a great job in Las Vegas and he spent sooooo much $$$ on cards and he was spending more and more just to find that hit that he would flip for more and more cards and it wasn't even about the cards anymore it was about finding that next hit. And then he lost his job and had to move back home and the cards were the last thing on his mind until he saw a Chipper Jones bat card on eBay which co-incidentally was his very first hit, so he won it for four dollars and when he opened up the package it was like going back to that very first hit again and he realized what the hobby was all about.........

I sit here surrounded by my piles of cards and for.........why? All that money I spent on my current Canucks PC and it sold for pennies on the dollar, which isn't the worst thing. The worst thing is that I just bought and bought and bought and I don't even CARE about the Sedins or Burrows or Mason Raymond or Kevin Bieksa. And they traded away Schneids and then Louie so what's the point?? Don't even get me started on my 6-card Kassian PC.

Your cards, they MATTER. And so do Sebas' in a slightly different way. I got distracted by the shinies, that's all.

Speaking of shinies, one last rainbow before I go. This also came in today's mail...........

And joins these..........

So THAT'S done. And Jon, tonight I got a text from another Kesler collector telling me he was about to BIN a ITG Ultimate patch /9 that I didn't have. And I said go ahead :)

And I'll pay you on Saturday morning, I promise.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Im happy our shinies dont conflict too often ..... I can see you driving up my prices Ed =)

Theres something about ITG Habs goalies memorabilia pieces ..... theres no way they belong in my PC ..... but I seem to be just drawn to them. The Plante / Richard / Harvey ..... hands down my favorite in the bunch!

You know how I feel about vintage ...... so ill just say nice stuff towards those ones =P
    *** Main PC - Roberto Luongo ***
    *** MOST WANTED - 12/13 PRIME COLORS "PATCH" ROBERTO LUONGO x/8 ***

Flickr ( not updated ) - Hidden Content
    Trade List - Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See pidge27's Items on eBay

Thanks Paulie! But I'm exhausted just looking at 'em now, it's more of a relief knowing they're paid off than actually having them :(

Next up is the Paul Johnson Memorial Pay-It-Forward Grand Finale Giveaway after I buy a new scanner haha. Don't worry about the "Memorial" part, you don't have to be dead, it just sounds better :)

Lol, it's better to be Memorialized while your still alive! Then you can find out what they really thought of ya! Good luck with the Grand Finale!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See habs1909_2009's Items on eBay

that's one jaw dropping show and tell!

Pat

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

Wow Ed, those are some very nice cards.

I do require a Sluggo To English Translator though. Are you tempering your collecting and beginning to sell those items which are not so important to you?

Or

Are you completely extracting yourself from collecting?

The thread title suggests that a permanent departure is eminent.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast