Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Wierd/Random Story I would love to share...

Hey fellow SCF members.

I have a really random story that I would love to share. This evening I go to check my email and I have a random email from some guy. I almost delete the thing thinking it was spam, but something told me to read it. I start reading and it's some guy asking me if I'm "gysot" and if I happen to collect autographs. He goes into the story about how his wife and him recently move into an apartment and their neighbor drops off some old mail from the previous tenant. He said a lot of the mail was damaged but they could make out a few pieces and my name and email are written on some. I guess part of my email was listed and he as spent the last few weeks trying different letters/numbers trying to reach me. I write him back and tell him it was indeed me and he described what appears to be a signed picture of Michael Wacha and a signed ticket stub of Carlos Martinez. He said it looked like the previous tenant was trying to mail these items to me and they got RTS.

I've thought long and hard about this. I think these are some of the items that I traded a banned member by the name of Captain. I sent him these 2 items along with a few 8x10's in exchange for some other stuff. If anyone remembers Captain...he was a very active member that eventually screwed over a bunch of us and left the site. I'm guessing that his conscious got the best of him and he was returning some of my items.

There are a lot of things I really like about my story. First...I'm might be getting some of my autographs back!!! Second and more importantly...how awesome is it that a total stranger bent over backwards to try and get in contact me to return my stuff. The guy could have just trashed everything and though nothing of it. Third...part of me wants to believe that are old friend Captain was trying to make things right. He wasn't trying to send all my stuff back, but maybe it's a start! I was really getting sour on trading and 50/50s lately. It seems that for every trade that goes great...3 or 4 go south! Maybe this gives me a bit more hope!

Thanks for reading...

BTW...the guy the tracked me down also said there was one more package with autographs in it. He had their info and was trying to get a hold of them. If you got screwed over by Captain...you may be in for a nice surprise

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (2119)
    Country
    See dpcampsportscards's Items on eBay

.....or the guy that contacted you is this "captain" person and is making up this story

SCF Rewards
    Country

.....or the guy that contacted you is this "captain" person and is making up this story

Maybe...doubtful. When the guy emailed me there was a list of about 25 emails he was trying. He said he couldn't read a couple numbers on my email and just tried every combination available. I doubt captain would have done that...

SCF Rewards
    Country

Pretty awesome story.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    Dallas Cowboys NULL
    Twitter: @@Mario78521 See Oxxon's Items on eBay

Really good story...

SCF Rewards
    Country

I got the same email yesterday. Did he say where he is located? If it's around Boston then it would make sense.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Yes...the guy gave me the name off the return address and it was Captain! It's weird...I'm getting back some of my stuff. I don't know why he would return some of it, and not all of it. I'll take it though!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Me too. I hope everyone who was scammed by him can get at least something back.