Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

OKC Redhawks IP 50/50 Thread

Starting a thread for those who are involved in a 50/50. Will post my success and how teams are doing in general.
    I will post pics when I can but mostly this will be a list of how things went.

If you have any comments or questions just send me a PM.

I do not 50/50 Top 100 prospsects as I use them to trade for help with my MiLB sets. If you graph a MiLB team I'm always willing to trade for players I need.
    Last edited by J_A_S_Z; 03-30-2014 at 10:20 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

04/07- San Antonio Missions at Tulsa Driller

Couldn't beat the weather and company for my first game of the season. Had a chance to catch a day game in Tulsa with fellow grapher and a couple of his buddies. Lots of laughs and tons of autos were knocked out on this day.

San Antonio:
    Hedges: 2/2-arrival, 1/1 8x10 warm up
    Jankowski-1/1 on set card, he was super cool
    Spangenberg-2/2
    Asencio-1/1 on 8x10 post game
    Liriano-1/1 8x10 pregame then 1/1 8x10 post game. He saw the 8x10 he missed when he went to sign the previously signed 8x10
    Matt Wisler-5/5, finally knocked off my 2013 BP flag set card
    Adys Portillo-3/3
    Jesse Hahn-5/5, I asked him how may of the 2013 Bowman cards he has signed and he laughed and said to many to count, we all had the 2013 Bowman cards
    Josh Greer-1/1

Tulsa:
    Eddie Butler-1/1 on 8x10, great kid and super nice
    Jon Gray, 1/1 SS on ROMLB, another great kid with local ties to my home town

I didn't have a lot for either team but was a great time.
    I'll post pics of ball and 8x10's

SEASON TOTAL: 25
    Last edited by J_A_S_Z; 04-10-2014 at 11:09 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I was at the Redhawks/Round Rock Express game last night. I could only do pregame since I had to leave early, but adron chambers was super cool. He signed for all of us with a broken hand (which he broke the night before)! He was also pretty hilarious. I would be happy to help out with anyone on the Express. I plan on going to more games this year, Im only 20 minutes away.

-Bryan

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

4/11: New Orleans at OKC
    Started night off badly as my wife got called into work so I had to miss graphing the New Orleans Pelicans, heard I missed Anthony Davis. When I take my kids to the ballpark it is pregame graphing only which is rather hit and miss. I had to pick home team or away and I wanted jake Marisnick so away side it was.

Jake Marisnick 2/2
    Kyle Skipworth 3/6
    Justin Bour 2/3
    Rhett Varner 2/2
    Rob Brantly 1/4, he is pretty nice but strict one per apparently
    Kyle Jensen 2/2, very nice kid who stopped and talked to my son for a couple minutes about baseball

Other players who signed but I didn't have cards for:
    Josh Rodrigues, Juan Diaz, Mark Canha, Matt Angle, Chaz Roe, Henry Rodriguez

Dyson and Flynn both said they would get me after the game but I had to leave early to get kids home. Flynn was charting but I didn't want to ask him again.

Jake Buchanan and Nick Tropeano were charting for the Redhawks, I didn't want to bother Tropeano but had cards for him.

With any luck I'll get to do post game Saturday or Sunday and knock out some Redhawks.

SEASON TOTAL: 37

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

4/13 New Orleans at OKC
    Wife was called in again so only able to do pregame, chose to do away team again but tried to get to home side but I took to long. Folty, Buchanan and Martinez kept book tonight but didn't want to bother them and couldn't stay to get them at end of game.

Rob Brantly 0/1 is nice/pleasant to ask and will sign if he has time but strictly one per. He didn't sign for me today but he was set to catch so he told me it was work time.
    Kyle Skipworth 4/4
    Jake Marisnick 3/3, 1/1-8x10
    Sam Dyson 2/2
    Elih Villanueva 3/3
    Justin Bour 1/1
    Brian Flynn 3/3
    Zack Cox 2/8, 0/6-he came back past me on way to dugout and stopped to sign for another person so I asked again and he ignored me
    Taylor Harbin 1/1
    Brain Bogusevic 0/2 just ignored again which has been his MO this series
    Ange, Canha, Jensen, Josh Rodriguez, Diaz, Henry Rodriguez, Roe, Varner and Conley all signed but I had no cards. Carter Capps has been denying all series.

SEASON TOTAL: 57

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

4/14 New Orleans at OKC
    This was a last minute decision to go because the weather was 40 degrees. Felt that the lack of attendence could benefit me in getting game used balls. I ended up getting 4 of them and 2 were really beat up but the other two looked pretty good.

The Redhawks were out doing warm ups very early today and I didn't have much left fo New Orleans so I went down the the home side and got these done.

Springer 3/3, pretty playful and friendly tonight
    Singleton 3/3, joked around a bit and continues to be one of the nicer players
    Domingo Santana 6/6, signed 4 of the 2014 Heritage cards I had which was a nice surprise
    Josh Zied 2/2, back from a stint in Houston another cool player to talk with
    Austin Wates 2/2, easily one of my fave players onthis team and pretty active on twitter with fans
    Chai-Jen Lo- 3/3
    Mike Foltynewicz 2/2
    Rudy Owens 1/1
    Other players who signed but didn't have cards for or missed
    Jake Buchanan, Bobby Doran, Darin Downs, Collin McHugh, Jason Stoffel, Carlos Perez, Erik Castro, Jonathan Meyer, Ronald Torreyes and Andy Simunic

I also saw Zack Cox in the Dugout on New Orleans side so I took a shot and ran over there. He was pretty nice and came over and signed
    Zack Cox 2/2
    Brian Flynn 1/1
    Rob Brantly 1/3, strict 1 per and I asked for a specific card which he did not sign

SEASON TOTAL: 83

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

NW Arkansas at Tulsa
    Arrived late so I only got a few players and I had my little ones.
    I took 20 cards as I didn't order for either team yet.

NW Arkansas
    Jorge Bonifacio 3/7, extra 2013 Bowman for trade
    Cheslor Cuthbert 4/4, extra 2013 Bowman for trade
    Parker Morin 3/3, extra 2012 Bowman Draft for trade

SEASON TOTAL 93

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

April 24th-postgame
    Nashville at OKC

Wanted to start with a warning to all those who have sent in cards for 50/50 on opposing teams players. The Redhawks have changed how the visiting team leaves and graphers no longer have any access to them when they leave. This means I have taken to many cards for away players and several will likely not get done. I'll do my best to get to the final game of series and try and graph post game as they load bus but they have definately messed up graphing the away teams.

So as you can tell my night ended AWEFUL and it also began AWEFUL. Another change they made this season is they no longer allow people in at 7th inning. I had to buy a ticket $7 to get into game to graph thus making post game even less desirable. I knew Jimmy Nelson and Hiram Burgos were charting so I paid to get in and get them thinking I'd maybe get them as they were loading the hotel vans as well.

Nashville:
    Jimmy Nelson 2/8
    Hiram Burgos 3/3

So as usual we all stood at First Base gate waiting to pick up some graphs when 30-45 minutes later we noticed that no players had come out. I walked down to the bus enterence and noticed players exiting to the players parking lot and waiting outside in the players lot (no access). I realized right then that this season will be an albatross. I went back to first base side to salvage the night and get the few Redhawks players that come out that way and not the players lot.

Nick Tropeano 3/6, he didn't see the other cards as he signed 6/6 for everyone else.
    Max Stassi 1/1 on 8x10 for Kmickle

Pretty much a disaster of a night as I drive hour to the ballpark, pay $7 to get in and then get that limited amount of graphs.

SEASON TOTAL 102

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

4/25-Nashville at OKC

After that horrible post game had to go again just to knock a few cards out so I went to do post game. I had the kids so I couldn't post game but Friday nights is the only good post game night as everyone has to leave out the first base side (visitor and home players). I missed a great opportunity but that's how it goes sometimes.

Nashville:
    Robinzon Diaz 4/4
    Caleb Gindl 3/3
    Hector Gomez 2/3
    Irving Falu 3/3
    Hunter Morris 3/3 thought I had 6 in book then saw just 3, boo
    Eugenio Velez 4/4
    Jeremy Hermedia 1/6, just glad he signed
    Brent Leach 2/2

SEASON TOTAL 124

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

04/27 Nashville at OKC

I did both pre and post game. Thought was that Nashville might be bussing out so to get them at bus. Well that did not happen they were shuttled to hotel and bus out later. So pist game was another flop/waste of time.

Nashville:
    Irving Falu 6/6
    Taylor Green 5/6
    Hunter Morris 3/3
    Hector Gomez 0/1 ignored
    Jeremy Hermedia ignored pre and post game, if you sent cards on him they will likelly not get done he is tough plus 1 per
    Mike Fiers 1/9-got him after charting, super tough and 1 per, called out another grapher he signed for the night before. If you sent in on him they will likely not be getting done.
    Sean Halton 0/1, denied pre and post
    Lucas May 0/4, ignored did the cell phone thing. Only time I saw him this series.
    Eugenio Velez 0/4 ignored post game
    Ariel Pena 2/2, got him after charting
    Jimmy Nelson 0/2, ignored post game
    Pete Orr 0/2, ignored pre and post game
    Kevin Mattison and John Hellweg are on DL and did not travel

OKC
    Nick Tropeano 6/6
    Jon Singleton 2/4
    Chia-jen Lo 5/5
    Josh Zied 2/2

SEASON TOTAL 156

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast