Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

View Poll Results: Do you want it mandatory to post prices in the sports buy/sell forums.

Voters
158. This poll is closed
  • Yes, post a price.

122 77.22%
  • No, leave it as it is.

36 22.78%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

I agree price should be listed an if ur gonna post a bucket link for cryin out loud seperate ur trade an for sale items nothin more frustrating than going through a bucket to be told those are pc or part of a master set.

BANNED

Country

I agree with posting prices, I find it much easier and faster to negotiate Trades and sales between members knowing the asking price, most of my buys/trades here are from Sales Threads with price's, and there's a few members here that I say have excellent sales Threads, maybe a little extra work for everyone in the sale threads, but a good system for faster trading and selling as most members don't own a price guide, or just don't have the time to pm a member on a price for the card you have listed and just move on to whats available at that time.

Voted :)

SCF Rewards
    Country

Prices should be listed. If you decided to sell, list what price you want and negotiate from there. It would save a lot of time!

SCF Rewards
    Country

yes even though I am new on here I still think that it would be so much easier if there was a base price listed even if it was on the higher side

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See therealdeal247365's Items on eBay

No I don't think prices should be mandatory. Some people may offer a discount or something for wanting multiple cards. Also some may be more flexible in the what they want price wise. If they are forced to put a price buyers may just completely skip over the thread not liking the price.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See ronfir's Items on eBay

Simple, I vote no on pricing being mandatory. It should be left up to the seller to post a price or not.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bobbyjohn1135's Items on eBay

Patriotsguy--I have to vote no. I sell quite a few cards each month and it would be hard to price over a million cards. My post is to help set builders, team set collectors, and player collectors. So, I ask them to send lists of who they are looking for or what set they need to fill. How could I price anything until I know what they need. I dont feel it should be mandatory, if someone wants to post a price then that should be a choice, but not mandatory. I wouldnt be able to sale anything, because my posts are not for individual cards. How would a player collector be able to post-"looking for Albert Pujols"? He may be looking for many cards, but how can he put a price that he will pay unless he knows what a seller has? If this passes it will more or less bar me from selling. How will people ask for team sets or regular sets that they want to finish-they cant know a price they will pay until they know what the seller has. I have at the bottom on my sig that I sell for 25-40% of book price depending on the number bought and the card itself. Would that be acceptable? Here is the post that I put in baseball and football, is it acceptable, I dont think so because I dont give a price per card, I cant.

Set collectors, player collectors, team set collectors-2 million cards available
    As the caption says, over 2 million cards and I just picked up over 100,000 newer baseball and football! So, if you have any sets to be filled, any players cards you might need, or a team set to be completed; then send me your wantlist. I have cards from 1972-2013, base, inserts, and some game used with heavy inventories on Topps Heritage and Allen & Ginter from all years, including some shortprints! I try to be fair in pricing, and I dont do paypal, but I guarantee my cards and have a perfect feedback. So, I hope we can do some business.
    Bobby Leonard

I dont do Paypal!! Check, money order, or concealed cash only. I sell at 25-40% of BV.

OPG Storefront Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    New England Patriots Boston Bruins Boston Red Sox
    Twitter: @patriotsguy See patriots_football_guy's Items on eBay Instagram: Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale
    Member is PayPal Verified

Patriotsguy--I have to vote no. I sell quite a few cards each month and it would be hard to price over a million cards. My post is to help set builders, team set collectors, and player collectors. So, I ask them to send lists of who they are looking for or what set they need to fill. How could I price anything until I know what they need. I dont feel it should be mandatory, if someone wants to post a price then that should be a choice, but not mandatory. I wouldnt be able to sale anything, because my posts are not for individual cards. How would a player collector be able to post-"looking for Albert Pujols"? He may be looking for many cards, but how can he put a price that he will pay unless he knows what a seller has? If this passes it will more or less bar me from selling. How will people ask for team sets or regular sets that they want to finish-they cant know a price they will pay until they know what the seller has. I have at the bottom on my sig that I sell for 25-40% of book price depending on the number bought and the card itself. Would that be acceptable? Here is the post that I put in baseball and football, is it acceptable, I dont think so because I dont give a price per card, I cant.

Set collectors, player collectors, team set collectors-2 million cards available
    As the caption says, over 2 million cards and I just picked up over 100,000 newer baseball and football! So, if you have any sets to be filled, any players cards you might need, or a team set to be completed; then send me your wantlist. I have cards from 1972-2013, base, inserts, and some game used with heavy inventories on Topps Heritage and Allen & Ginter from all years, including some shortprints! I try to be fair in pricing, and I dont do paypal, but I guarantee my cards and have a perfect feedback. So, I hope we can do some business.
    Bobby Leonard

I dont do Paypal!! Check, money order, or concealed cash only. I sell at 25-40% of BV.

With a scenario like that or someone that posts up a thread saying check my bucket for sales, that's a little different. But if you post a thread for a certain amount of cards/player whatever then there would be an expectation to list a price...

SCF Rewards
    Country

yes to listing prices

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Detroit Red Wings Minnesota Vikings Phoenix Coyotes
    See mattdmc2931's Items on eBay Upper Deck ePack

I vote yes, if you're selling a card you should already know what you want out of it so just list it rather than have to pm individually the 10-15 people who ask for a price. Why waste everybody's time and add in unneeded steps.

Its not a big deal to me though, 99% of the time if I run into a sales thread that doesn't list prices I just hit the back button and ignore it. The 1% of the time is if theres a card I desperately need then in that case I will pm you for a price but usually for me without prices I won't spend but 10 seconds on your thread. I'm not going to hunt somebody down just to get a simple price.

People who don't list prices only hurt themselves by taking away potential buyers interest.
    Last edited by MattDMC; 04-04-2014 at 11:18 PM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast