Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

View Poll Results: Do you want it mandatory to post prices in the sports buy/sell forums.

Voters
158. This poll is closed
  • Yes, post a price.

122 77.22%
  • No, leave it as it is.

36 22.78%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bobbyjohn1135's Items on eBay

Patriotsguy-I understand that the way I post is a different animal, but will it be allowed since no price is in the post? I generally get the lists-whether set list, team set list, or player list-then I send the buyer a list of all the cards that I have for them. They then compare their list with what they need and return a list to me with what they want. I dont like going back and forth in a thread over pricing. Once I get the list of what they want, I then pm the price and we work it out in the pm section. I believe everyone understands you cant list a price, until you know what someone wants. I just want to make sure my type posts will still be allowed. I dont want to be threatened with suspension and banishment because I didnt have a price in the post.
    Bobby Leonard

I dont do Paypal!! Check, money order, or concealed cash only. I sell at 25-40% of BV.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See retireddodger's Items on eBay

YES to listing buy and sell prices

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Mainecards42's Items on eBay

I voted yes!!!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See mr2latino's Items on eBay

Absolutely, that was one of my pet peeves ever since I joined this forum. I do most of my card acquiring through purchases and more often than not when there are no prices I will skip it. A higher price has never scared me, cause if I want a card, I know how much it's worth. At the end of the day it's all about negotiating (within reason).

SCF Rewards
    Country

It really looks like most of the guys that want pricing are basically saying it doesnt matter at all. They say if no pricing they move on, or ask seller for price. That if someone throws a high number up, it doesnt matter, they will just negotiate to get a better price. So, what difference will it make, I believe the few posts that are in the baseball and football buy and sell forums will diminish to almost nothing. There are days that the front page of the forums only get 10 or 12 posts anyway, so if you drive those away that dont post prices, you will have even less people posting. I dont believe putting pricing will increase traffic here. I dont know what has happen to the forums, but other sites have 5-10 times more traffic in a day, SCF seems to have diminished greatly over the last couple of years. I think a lot of it had to do with the server change over a while back, which was supposedly to help handle traffic, but pushed some members away. I dont know what the answer is, but I can see making members post a price will only lead to less traffic here. It really doesnt take much time to ask a price or negotiate for a lot of cards. If someone wants something, they will look, price or no price. We need more traffic here, not more rules!!!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See lea_defoote's Items on eBay

I would say, at the very least, if there is no asking price listed, then the poster waives the right to complain about people making so called "low ball" offers.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See crazycollector23's Items on eBay

I do think that prices should be mandatory in threads, that way people know whether they are interested in buying the item or items without having to contact the seller.

BANNED

Country

It really looks like most of the guys that want pricing are basically saying it doesnt matter at all. They say if no pricing they move on, or ask seller for price. That if someone throws a high number up, it doesnt matter, they will just negotiate to get a better price. So, what difference will it make, I believe the few posts that are in the baseball and football buy and sell forums will diminish to almost nothing. There are days that the front page of the forums only get 10 or 12 posts anyway, so if you drive those away that dont post prices, you will have even less people posting. I dont believe putting pricing will increase traffic here. I dont know what has happen to the forums, but other sites have 5-10 times more traffic in a day, SCF seems to have diminished greatly over the last couple of years. I think a lot of it had to do with the server change over a while back, which was supposedly to help handle traffic, but pushed some members away. I dont know what the answer is, but I can see making members post a price will only lead to less traffic here. It really doesnt take much time to ask a price or negotiate for a lot of cards. If someone wants something, they will look, price or no price. We need more traffic here, not more rules!!!

Traffic-There's other cards site's, and to that, members site hop, I'm one to say, at one point I was going on 6 different card sites along with SCF, and guess what, who do I see at the other site's, the same members that are here.

But besides the Traffic, yeah if you have a thousand cards to price out, maybe start a smaller sales list with prices, and have a Free-web page with your non priced items that you could link in your signature, I personally wouldn't list a thousand of the under $3 cards I have to a sales list.

SCF Rewards
    Country

redwing-I have over 2 million cards and I fill team sets, regular sets, and player collectors wants. I get request for many players or teams and I shoot a list of what I have on computer inventory, then the buyer lets me know which cards they need. From there I work up a price and handle the rest of the transaction through pm. I cant list prices until I know what the buyer wants. I may post a price if I have a group of game used that I am trying to move, something like I have posted in football right now--31 game used football for 35.00 delivered, but my usual post is geared toward set builders, player collectors, and team set builders. How would I put a price on this post:

Set collectors, player collectors, team set collectors-2 million cards available
    As the caption says, over 2 million cards and I just picked up over 100,000 newer baseball and football! So, if you have any sets to be filled, any players cards you might need, or a team set to be completed; then send me your wantlist. I have cards from 1972-2013, base, inserts, and some game used with heavy inventories on Topps Heritage and Allen & Ginter from all years, including some shortprints! I try to be fair in pricing, and I dont do paypal, but I guarantee my cards and have a perfect feedback. So, I hope we can do some business.

I sale quite a few cards here every month and I try to be fair in pricing out lots. A lot of my customers are repeat customers, who know I get new inventory all the time. Most fall in the 3 groups I mentioned and I feel like I am giving them a service, but if I cant post with out pricing, then I cant help those groups. I just dont see the need for a price on every post. Most folks will still haggle and negotiate on prices anyway. Just dont think we need a hard rule on it. If someone wants to post a price, they can do it, but a rule would stop guys like me that try to help customers finish sets and keep me from getting rid of inventory.

BANNED

Country

redwing-I have over 2 million cards and I fill team sets, regular sets, and player collectors wants. I get request for many players or teams and I shoot a list of what I have on computer inventory, then the buyer lets me know which cards they need. From there I work up a price and handle the rest of the transaction through pm. I cant list prices until I know what the buyer wants. I may post a price if I have a group of game used that I am trying to move, something like I have posted in football right now--31 game used football for 35.00 delivered, but my usual post is geared toward set builders, player collectors, and team set builders. How would I put a price on this post:

Set collectors, player collectors, team set collectors-2 million cards available
    As the caption says, over 2 million cards and I just picked up over 100,000 newer baseball and football! So, if you have any sets to be filled, any players cards you might need, or a team set to be completed; then send me your wantlist. I have cards from 1972-2013, base, inserts, and some game used with heavy inventories on Topps Heritage and Allen & Ginter from all years, including some shortprints! I try to be fair in pricing, and I dont do paypal, but I guarantee my cards and have a perfect feedback. So, I hope we can do some business.

I sale quite a few cards here every month and I try to be fair in pricing out lots. A lot of my customers are repeat customers, who know I get new inventory all the time. Most fall in the 3 groups I mentioned and I feel like I am giving them a service, but if I cant post with out pricing, then I cant help those groups. I just dont see the need for a price on every post. Most folks will still haggle and negotiate on prices anyway. Just dont think we need a hard rule on it. If someone wants to post a price, they can do it, but a rule would stop guys like me that try to help customers finish sets and keep me from getting rid of inventory.

I would put your cards in a trade thread then, where you wouldn't need pricing, but add a memo that they are for sale also with a link for your list, vice versa, 31 GU cards for $35 and in your signature will be your link to your list that any member will also check out and pm you for a price.
    If I sell something, I put a price now, and I put also, check my bucket, always willing to sell or trade, I get pm's from members on how much for a card I have.

Here's a good example of a members sales thread, he has cards listed with price, but also has his bucket link also of cards not listed, but is always open to sell anything in his bucket, if I don't see anything on his list, I always check his bucket, and if I find a card I want, then I pm him on a price for it!

spxrules
    https://www.sportscardforum.com/threa...-amp-MUCH-MORE

I know if you put your 30 best cards with price's and list a side link to your page, you will get the better the sales, you just have to upgrade your threads a bit! :)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast