Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

View Poll Results: Do you want it mandatory to post prices in the sports buy/sell forums.

Voters
158. This poll is closed
  • Yes, post a price.

122 77.22%
  • No, leave it as it is.

36 22.78%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

SCF Rewards
    Country

Bobby-- I appreciate your opinion, and I apologize if my comment got you upset.

What I was attempting to say is that by having a price on the card makes for a good starting point for making a deal. Having a marked price makes it easier for buyer and seller as it levels the playing field in a manner of speaking. Also there is always going to be that buyer who doesn't want to bother with haggling and doesn't want to mess around with negotiating a deal, so they'll pay the price that the seller has marked. That's just my two cents on the issue

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bobbyjohn1135's Items on eBay

Srman77---Hey, not upset with you, sorry if I made you think that. I just dont see the need for another rule. I think thats one of the things that has driven folks away from the site. Rules, mods that overstep sometimes(seems to have toned down lately, because not many here to worry with) and the last upgrade have hurt things here, in my humble opinion. So, please know that I'm not upset with you, just dont care for needless rules being put in place. Reminds me of our government wanting to run every aspect of our lives.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I guess it is different for everyone but when someone posts a handful of cards for sale and lots of times it is just 1 card then you have a dozen people asking for a price and then they PM the price. Then the thread gets bumped to top of page every 10 minutes for the poster to say pm sent. POST THE PRICE!!!
    COLLECTING
    Football: Titans / Hall of Famers
    Baseball: Adley Rutschman / Hall of Famers
    Nascar

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See emersondrive13rocks's Items on eBay

I'd put prices if people would pay fair market value on this site but they want everything 50% of ebay prices. Sorry but ebay seller fees are only 10%. If I have card that sells for $50 on ebay but people want it for $30 on here well after ebay/paypal fees I take $43. I could offer you the card for $45 so you save $5 but I make an extra $2.

Basically I remember one scenario where I posted prices and the negotiations were ridiculous. I came down but the potential buyer refused to move up to a fair price for the cards. That is more frustrating.

Honestly I'd rather have the buy/sell threads in each forum (hockey, basketball, etc) be places where people can promote there cards for sale on any site (COMC, Ebay, SCF). Instead of the forum to promote sites and auctions which few people check. I sell mostly hockey cards and would only promote in the hockey card section for Ebay. On COMC I could link to each section based on sport in each forum. 1 thread per person and bumps only after 24 hours.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See emersondrive13rocks's Items on eBay

I don't even bother to sell on here anymore because nobody buys on here anymore based on recent experiences.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (59)
    Country
    Houston Astros Dallas Stars
    See allgood.collectibles's Items on eBay

So I guess if forced by SCF to post a price, we should post a price 25-50% higher than we really want? Way too many folks on here want to talk you down on your asking price, I even see this in threads where cards are marked $1 each. So many state they will only pay "eBay" prices. Well then go to eBay. Lately I have seen a bunch that refuse to even pay eBay prices. Packs and boxes are not getting cheaper, so why should the individual cards? I am really on the fence with this issue. On the one hand as a buyer, I would like to feel I am not being "sized up" when I ask the price. As a seller I do not want to be forced to raise my asking price knowing I will be talked down, or worse scare off a potential buyer because my "starting" price was too high.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345