Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

View Poll Results: Do you want it mandatory to post prices in the sports buy/sell forums.

Voters
158. This poll is closed
  • Yes, post a price.

122 77.22%
  • No, leave it as it is.

36 22.78%
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    OPG Storefront Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    New England Patriots Boston Bruins Boston Red Sox
    Twitter: @patriotsguy See patriots_football_guy's Items on eBay Instagram: Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale
    Member is PayPal Verified

Prices listed in Buy/Sell forums?

Do you want it mandatory to list a price in all the sports buy/sell forums? Take the poll and let us know what you think. We'll take this into account when making a decision. If the overall poll is a "yes" it doesn't mean it 100% it will happen. If we do implement this we're not looking to go crazy and hand out warning/infractions unless absolutely necessary. If it does happen the thought would be that if someone doesn't post a price then their thread would be moved to the archives, we would not PM the member to let them know. A note would be placed on tier account and if wee start to see a pattern of abuse then we would act accordingly.

Roger

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Oakland Athletics
    COMC Cards For Sale

i think its frustrating when no prices or just a bucket url is posted...and makes for a lot of extra work. half of the time ill completely skip over their threads

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    (582) The Bench
    Country
    See uoflcards's Items on eBay

Prices in the threads would be great. I hate it when I see a For Sale thread and end up finding out through several PMs that the OP wants 2X eBay for the cards I am interested in.

BANNED

Country
    See Cardcaptain91's Items on eBay

I say it should not have to be mandatory - Why? Because sometimes it is hard to place values on cards that are more scarce. Sometimes you just want to get the feel for offers pertaining to a certain card.

Secondly - When someone list's a price, it can do many things but 2 of the top things are:

a) it can scare the person away and make them lose interest entirely and just pass completely

b) it could be so high that someone would start degrading the card and posting replies that are hurtful and scaring other potential buyers that may be interested.

This is just my humble opinion. Thanks for the chance to express this and have a say in the poll.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Yes, you should have to have a price posted. If you want your stuff to be sold to the highest bidder, then I suggest eBay. That is where I go. The way most deal on here with the "make me an offer" tactic, yet they won't even counter a decent offer 90% of the time; those guys should be posting prices that are open for the community to see. Just my opinion, but a good one.

Jerad

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Miami Dolphins New York Mets Miami Heat
    See FLIHGH's Items on eBay

How would this work for cards that are FT/FS? No difference?

SCF Rewards
    Country

Prices would be great, but if you force people to do this, the ones that don't want to anyway will just put $9,999 or best offer. I don't think it will change anything.

OPG Storefront Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Twitter: @patriotsguy See patriots_football_guy's Items on eBay Instagram: Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale

How would this work for cards that are FT/FS? No difference?

If it's posted in he buy/sell forum it would need a price

OPG Storefront Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Prices would be great, but if you force people to do this, the ones that don't want to anyway will just put $9,999 or best offer. I don't think it will change anything.

We would probably get some of that posted. We could also archive the ones that are deemed "ridiculous"

OPG Storefront Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

i think its frustrating when no prices or just a bucket url is posted...and makes for a lot of extra work. half of the time ill completely skip over their threads

Some people do sell like that where they just post a bucket link. We would have to come up with something for those folks...

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast