Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

what if other Gods hate it?

Not yours, why would you care?

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

you should be willing to make sure you aren't invested, at any level, in the thing you're fighting against.

Why does everyone keep saying this? Hobby Lobby is not invested in pharm companies. The employee 401k is invested in it and Hobby Lobby most likely has no control over that. This isn't rocket science. Hobby Lobby did not go out and invest their money in anything. Hobby Lobby does not profit anything from this.

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

Duane is wrong. As a corporation, you are always responsible in where you money is invested. If you have some political or religious bent, then it's up to your due diligence department of your legal team to see that if your corporate investment in the realm of retirement is affixed in any fund, that you know the exact share companies on offer within that fund. No excuses and it take less than 5 minutes of work.

The conservative standard, "I didn't know" does not apply.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

employees have control of how a 401k / 403b is invested, not the company.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

employees have control of how a 401k / 403b is invested, not the company.

true, but the company controls who runs the investments. I get the side of if you are willing to fight to the supreme court on an issue, one would want to make sure you aren't participating in that issue on any other levels? I'm not sure of hobby lobby's numbers or buying power, but I bet they could find an investment company that would provide them with funds that didn't invest in company's that profited off of services they were against.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Duane is wrong. As a corporation, you are always responsible in where you money is invested. If you have some political or religious bent, then it's up to your due diligence department of your legal team to see that if your corporate investment in the realm of retirement is affixed in any fund, that you know the exact share companies on offer within that fund. No excuses and it take less than 5 minutes of work.

The conservative standard, "I didn't know" does not apply.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    San Francisco Giants
    See sanfran22's Items on eBay

Lol...
    My company puts money in my fund, but they have no idea how I invest it. I pic a group of funds, Energy, healthcare, Foreign, Blue Chips whatever...

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

I am talking about company invested plans, you aren't and, it was not made perfectly clear on how this company invests it money.

Savy?

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

You guys realize you're saying it's an okay thing that people have no idea what they're invested in. At best that is utter stupidity. Anyone who doesn't know what they're hard earned money is invested in deserves to have it stolen because that's Stupid.

Either they're profiting off what they hate, or they're just dim witted morons. Your call.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country
    See habsheaven's Items on eBay

Maybe I am not grasping this. HobbyLobby doesn't want to contribute to insurance plans for their employees if they go against their religious beliefs BUT they don't have a problem contributing to employee retirement funds that are invested in companies that go against their religious beliefs. Is this not what we are talking about here?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast