Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

Do you know exactly which companies the fund is comprised of? I doubt they can alter the companies in the fund. When I invest in the blue chips, I get whatever is in that fund. I can't pick and choose my companies. I doubt Hobby Lobby can or is even interested in doing that. What if they pick a company for their employees that tanks? Could they be sued? Why would they even want to be involved in that? It's a red herring from the bitter left.

no. I don't. Yes, there would be no way to alter the fund itself. I'm just talking about finding other funds that meet their beliefs or even find a new firm that will. I'm just saying there are options even though changing a funds makeup is not an option.

To my knowledge they can not be sued if they have certain funds their company uses. After all it is the market and employees sign paperwork that state there could be loses. The firm that my company hired to service our 401K accounts only allows us about 20 funds to choose from so their is a way of limiting on some level.

To me the issue doesn't really have a bearing on the court case, but I just find it interesting. Habs has pretty much summed it all up with this post before this.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

so is the government forcing them to pay for the 401k?

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

This is what I am talking about. As a company they probably contribute to both their employees healthcare plans and their retirement funds. In one case they are prepared to fight a legal battle all the way to the Supreme Court, in the other case; it's their employees choice to choose however they deem best for them.

That's hypocrisy.

However Hobby Lobby has a direct role in the healthcare plan. What the healthcare plan has to comprise of is mandated and they are required to pay directly for it.

They do not have a direct role in the investment of the 401k. They pay into it and then a third party makes those decisions. I understand where you are coming from, but in regards to the 401k their opportunities to have influence are minimal. It would be Hobby Lobby trying to tell a separate investment company what they can and can not invest employee funds in while having no authority over the funds. The premise here is that Hobby Lobby has say over the employee funds, they do not. No company has say over where employee 401k funds are invested. It would be up to the employees to make that demand.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

so is the government forcing them to pay for the 401k?

Are laws only "forcing" when you don't like them, or is it all laws?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    San Francisco Giants
    See sanfran22's Items on eBay

Are laws only "forcing" when you don't like them, or is it all laws?

Are "laws" actually laws when the gov't picks and choose who and when to enforce them on?

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Are "laws" actually laws when the gov't picks and choose who and when to enforce them on?

Should you stop at a stop sign if no one is coming?

Yes, it's still a law.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345