Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See ShamaleSands's Items on eBay

Buying singles is better but understanding that this is a hobby you get the most thrill and fun out of busting boxes. Also there is a small chance that you could pull something that no one else can or very few people will be able to pull. Is it worth the money to chase that dream pull? Nope. But understanding that it is a hobby it is easier to accept busting those boxes.

Buying a product that I like and then chasing the singles on the secondary market to complete a set is what I like most about this hobby. Once I collect that entire set is it worth the money if I decide to sell? Nope. One by one you could get quite a bit of your money back. At least this hobby does retain value over the years. A few cards will turn you a profit. That's part of the fun is collecting someone who you think is going to be big and turning a profit when everyone else realizes he is big and now wants his cards :) It's fun cause you get to buy more cards! :P
    Master List: Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

SCF Rewards
    Country

Those are not bad prices. They seem to be listed in CAD and not USD. Depends on what shipping is and what the overall cost is going to be.

All 3 of those sets are hit and miss. Titanium does wield some nice rookies some of them being very rare (limited to their jersey number) and will always sell for a decent amount. I'm not sure Limited is the best box to buy, but $55 isn't too bad. Crown Royale is actually liked by quite a few people so maybe it's a good choice.

I cannot say for certain, I have only ever opened a box of Titanium.

SCF Rewards
    Country

i dont like the crown royales card when is not the entire square ... the crown look horrible ... the shipping price i told you is 9$ for Usa and canada and free for the first Buy, so really nice. i was thinking buy only Titanium but after see a hockey box break ... look not that much nice ... i like card who design are beautiful .. and jersey worth nothing and the only thing you get is jersey cards ... you said hit and miss ... like you can have really nice card or nothing ? is feel more like getting lucky... but too much of that. will check other box who cheaper here than other website, i like to buy at best price ... when i have look the box break of titanium .. buying upper deck fat pack look more profitable lol

SCF Rewards
    Country

lol you may actually be right about that if you get one of those 'miss' boxes. A lot of this hobby is unfortunately chasing those hits and spending money to do it. There are always debates on here about what the best boxes to buy are to make a profit. The simple answer is none of them. There is always a chance you pull an awesome card that you could flip easily and make all your money back, but that's not something you could expect.

I've bought about 80 boxes in the last 3-4 years and I have hit some really good cards, but none of those $1,000 rookies or gretzkys that are out there. My most recent purchase was a 10-box case of Decades 90s an cost me about $850 CAD. Yes I hit I very nice card worth about half of that, but I haven't sold it yet. Could you imagine if I hadn't hit that card? This hobby is not something you can get into expecting to make money. It takes a lot of hard work and knowledge to get ahead in the game financially but yet it is possible.

I find that staple products like Upper Deck Series 1 and 2 will always sell well, along with SP Authentic. Other than that I find that on the secondary market ITG sells better than Upper Deck and Upper Deck sells better than Panini. That's just me though. Perhaps I am a bit biased because I personally like ITG more than I like Upper Deck.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Upper Deck is like .. basic cards... not cheap but not really well to ... is for medium people who didnt have enought money for high box... that why they sell more easy, you can buy some jersey at 1-2$ on ebay ... 80 box ... dont know which one but average 50$ = 4000$ is still very high money ..., you think in futur you will make it profitable ? in 20 years your cards worth 50$ will worth more Double ? Triple ?

I like beautiful cards, i dont feel too much buying a 80$ box for getting only 20 cards and 4 special ... The New Playbook are really nice 86$ on the new website i show ... 4$ less than dacaworld .. and lower shipping price !

Here a beautiful cards i like

Simple but Beautiful
    Last edited by Nhl_Prono; 04-12-2014 at 06:51 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123