Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See ShamaleSands's Items on eBay

LOL at the Bertuzzi comment about him playing like he is a guy that should retire. I loved the commect by one of the commentators during a Detroit game where Bertuzzi stole the puck in the opposite zone and then scored, the commentator refers to him as 'Pavel Bertuzzi' for his puck stealing capabilities. Bertuzzi is a quick skater still and has good hands. I would liken him to playing a role on Detroit similar to Chelios.

His hit on Moore was during dark days in the NHL. Ordered to take someone out and executing those orders without hesitation to me is dark times in the NHL. Not Bertuzzi's fault entirely. Forcing people to be goons.

Agreed on Kyle Quincey.
    Master List: Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Winnipeg Jets Boston Bruins
    See timothystar's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

^Interesting, the OP and every other know it all was saying the same about Iginla around this time last year, the he was done in the NHL...NOT yet says another 30 goal season, as for Clifford, who cares, he made 3.75 M so far with a contract that gives him another 1.2 in 14/15 whether he is in the AHL or NHL...That is 5 M for being the so called "Worst player in the NHL." He is 23 and set for life.

He also has his name on this thing:

http://metronews.ca/news/kitchener/3...ords-hometown/

Good for him!
    Bucket: Hidden Content

Sets: 20 12/13 Artifacts
    Players: Ovechkin, star YG's.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

I see Bertuzzi retiring before Iggy. He still plays well enough to not look out of place at all, but his play has suffered a great deal, when compared to what he was.

SCF Rewards
    Country

James Wright takes the cake. Easily.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See ShamaleSands's Items on eBay

I don't necessarily agree with that comment about Bertuzzi. I don't think his play has really suffered at all. He has adapted well to Detroit's style of play which some players just cannot do. This I strongly believe in, Detroit has their own style of play. I also believe that any short comings you may have seen of him in the past while with Detroit can be attributed to him learning their style. Yes he has aged and today's hockey is different than hockey 10 years ago but I think he has meshed in nicely and he seems humble about the whole thing. I think his TOI will dwindle and he will be a healthy scratch more and more as time progresses but I think he will be much closer to a Chelios than an Iginla in terms of retirement.

Side bet? :P

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Winnipeg Jets Boston Bruins
    See timothystar's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

I don't necessarily agree with that comment about Bertuzzi. I don't think his play has really suffered at all. He has adapted well to Detroit's style of play which some players just cannot do. This I strongly believe in, Detroit has their own style of play. I also believe that any short comings you may have seen of him in the past while with Detroit can be attributed to him learning their style. Yes he has aged and today's hockey is different than hockey 10 years ago but I think he has meshed in nicely and he seems humble about the whole thing. I think his TOI will dwindle and he will be a healthy scratch more and more as time progresses but I think he will be much closer to a Chelios than an Iginla in terms of retirement.

I have no idea :P...I don't see either riding the stationary bike in a sauna like Chelios though! Jags wants to play til he is 65... it must be tough to leave, it is all these guys have ever known...

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (37)
    Country

Matt Cooke is the largest steaming pile of wombat feces to ever lace em up, followed by Sean Avery.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

I'll take it. For pride?

And I'll say I think Bertuzzi has benefitted more from playing in Detroit than Detroit has from having him. He's nowhere what he was in Vancouver and has never been the same player since the Moore thing.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345