Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

COMC Claims Beckett Tried to Buy Them; Files Counterclaim

The jousting continues between former partners Beckett and COMC with the latter's legal response to a lawsuit filed last month.

More...

SCF Rewards
    Country

If Beckett did try to buy them then you have to realize that COMC is a big threat to Beckett and they know it. Better to stop them now than to get beat by them later.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Seattle Mariners Seattle Seahawks
    See j-f-cardsandthings's Items on eBay

Wow, had no idea this was going on. I knew that their card pricing relationship had been terminated, but I didn't know the lawsuits were flying.

COMC is actually just down the road from me. I'm hoping one day they accept walk-in deliveries of cards, so I don't have to ship them if I want to try and sell through them.
    Hidden Content
    Always Buying and Trading for BGS/BVG/SGC Graded Cards of:
    Roberto Clemente - Nolan Ryan - Juan Soto - Mike Trout
    Rafael Devers - Fernando Tatis, Jr. - Ronald Acuna
    , Jr.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Hey, Deckard7 - we actually DO accept in-person drop offs; just call before you come down so we know to expect you (since our building is secured). Our business hours are 9-5, M-F. 1-800-517-3540Thanks!Jeremy, COMC

SCF Rewards
    Country

Oh, man... my browser is NOT happy about something today. Can't edit posts, or format properly. Heh, sorry for the crummy-looking response above.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See juggernautjake137's Items on eBay

In my opinion, the people in charge at Beckett are fools for ending their partnership with COMC. This was the best chance Beckett had to stay relevant in a modern, sales-value-driven internet age.

COMC will move on and ultimately create a more meaningful "price guide" based on actual sales. It may be limited at first, but the more sales, data and trends that it acquires over time, the more dependable it will become.

I enjoyed Beckett magazines before the advent of the internet, but they have simply not kept up with the times. The only commodity they offer of any real value is grading/slabbing. It may be subjectively done by their self-appointed experts, but it serves a real need and is done well.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Seattle Mariners Seattle Seahawks
    See j-f-cardsandthings's Items on eBay

In my opinion, the people in charge at Beckett are fools for ending their partnership with COMC. This was the best chance Beckett had to stay relevant in a modern, sales-value-driven internet age.

COMC will move on and ultimately create a more meaningful "price guide" based on actual sales. It may be limited at first, but the more sales, data and trends that it acquires over time, the more dependable it will become.

I enjoyed Beckett magazines before the advent of the internet, but they have simply not kept up with the times. The only commodity they offer of any real value is grading/slabbing. It may be subjectively done by their self-appointed experts, but it serves a real need and is done well.

Agreeing with all of this. Well put!

I love Beckett for their card grading services. I think they do the best, most accurate job of grading, and they use the best card holder in the business.

Outside of that, their prices are way too high for access to their online pricing guide (OPG), and the prices contained within it and their guides are a joke – the do not reflect the real world. I'm aware of the argument that Beckett's high prices in their guides are to "help out card shop dealers," but that argument doesn't wash with me.

COMC may the be the only hope of getting realistic pricing in the business, once their database is complete. I think they were very smart to pull away from Beckett and do their own thing.

Thanks for your post, JDOE.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See juggernautjake137's Items on eBay

Agreeing with all of this. Well put!

I love Beckett for their card grading services. I think they do the best, most accurate job of grading, and they use the best card holder in the business.

Outside of that, their prices are way too high for access to their online pricing guide (OPG), and the prices contained within it and their guides are a joke – the do not reflect the real world. I'm aware of the argument that Beckett's high prices in their guides are to "help out card shop dealers," but that argument doesn't wash with me.

COMC may the be the only hope of getting realistic pricing in the business, once their database is complete. I think they were very smart to pull away from Beckett and do their own thing.

Thanks for your post, JDOE.

You're welcome. It's always nice to hear a fellow collector in agreement instead of instantly being shot down in flames, lol!

I know there are a lot of differing opinions about grading and Beckett in general. I mean, there are plenty of die-hards on their forum still. I registered for their forum years ago, but found this place and the BO forums more to my liking. Nothing against their forum. That is something that still has value from Beckett that I had failed to mention.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I would like to see terapeak offer a sports card price guide. with all their ebay data they would likely be the best place to get a true market value price guide.

Maybe COMC should look into buying data from terapeak to at least build a close to complete guide then use recent sales on there site to keep it updated so we can see trends and hot cards etc?

I would love to see a market relevant price guide.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Twitter: @DaClyde See daclyde1's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale Kronozio

I would like to see terapeak offer a sports card price guide. with all their ebay data they would likely be the best place to get a true market value price guide.

Maybe COMC should look into buying data from terapeak to at least build a close to complete guide then use recent sales on there site to keep it updated so we can see trends and hot cards etc?

I would love to see a market relevant price guide.

It is interesting that, aside from the obvious marketing avenue, eBay really doesn't seem to take advantage of that enormous database of sales as it could. But then maybe between Terapeak, Worthpoint and Beckett, they're making some enormous nine figure licensing fees for that data.