Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See reoddai002's Items on eBay

BTW, are you saying parallels of the base, jersey, jersey patch, patch patch, jersey tag, patch tag, including Platinum, Gold, Bronze, Silver, Copper, Carbon, Aluminum, Tin, Blue, Icy Blue, Icy Hot, Green, Black, Brown, Clear, Purple, Brown, Dog Crap Brown, isn't creative?

This is funny, but the sad part is that all of those parallels have been found in one set or another. Except for that last one. Maybe that's UD's innovation next year.

Cheers,
    reoddai

EDS: Tin are "Tin only parallels", brown are brown backs or blank backs (since you named it twice), clear = acetate, aluminum = brushed aluminum, but you have to go to baseball to find them, and just to squeeze it in, we'll say carbon = diamond parallels.
    Last edited by reoddai; 04-12-2014 at 10:21 PM.

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

Best way is to stop producing them. Also stop producing issues that only have 5 or 6 cards total. That is complete nonsense.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Do you see that happening? I don't. A better question is why do we need 22 products? Do we seriously need a new product every 2-3 weeks, weekly during the season?

BTW, are you saying parallels of the base, jersey, jersey patch, patch patch, jersey tag, patch tag, including Platinum, Gold, Bronze, Silver, Copper, Carbon, Aluminum, Tin, Blue, Icy Blue, Icy Hot, Green, Black, Brown, Clear, Purple, Brown, Dog Crap Brown, isn't creative?

I've long advocated for cutting -- drastically -- the number of releases we get each year. Because no we really don't. If only 2 RC's was good enough for Wayne Gretzky why does Jake Muzzin need 16?
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Toronto Blue Jays Kansas City Chiefs
    See resurrect_my_collect's Items on eBay

Another problem that hasn't been addressed yet is that the price of wax hasn't come down any as the value of the gu and auto cards that are supposed to be supporting the price point of the product have come down drastically. As a collector/buyer, I fail to see the value in buying/busting wax AT ALL these days. The minute you purchase a box, you're down. There is now a zero chance you get the value out of a box that you spent on it. Seriously, even hitting shields in The Cup won't guarantee that your tin will get you your money back (as 13stepper points out in a recent thread of his). I don't understand why everyone else doesn't give up on breaking wax, stick to buying and trading for singles that you like or want at their real value, and send a strong message to the card companies that their products are a rip off, as I am now mostly inclined to do. Their sales should be getting destroyed, forcing them to lower their prices. We can make this happen.

To quote the ING Direct guy.... Save your money.
    Last edited by ravens_creed; 04-14-2014 at 12:01 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See psychoforturkeys's Items on eBay

Another problem that hasn't been addressed yet is that the price of wax hasn't come down any as the value of the gu and auto cards that are supposed to be supporting the price point of the product have come down drastically. As a collector/buyer, I fail to see the value in buying/busting wax AT ALL these days. The minute you purchase a box, you're down. There is now a zero chance you get the value out of a box that you spent on it. Seriously, even hitting shields in The Cup won't guarantee that your tin will get you your money back (as 13stepper points out in a recent thread of his). I don't understand why everyone else doesn't give up on breaking wax, stick to buying and trading for singles that you like or want at their real value, and send a strong message to the card companies that their products are a rip off, as I am now mostly inclined to do. Their sales should be getting destroyed, forcing them to lower their prices. We can make this happen.

To quote the ING Direct guy.... Save your money.

The price never will come down unless sales decline and that's where I see UD hurting itself by flooding it's own market and eventually people gravitating more towards singles and waiting for someone else to take the beating on the wax. I understand it's a hobby, you can't expect to make money, yadda yadda yadda but there is a reasonable expectation of value in ANYTHING you buy.

It's not really a question of quality in my opinion as they make some really nice products but they saturate the bejesus out of the market. As you mentioned, when you can hit one of THE hits for a product and get half your money back for the box...the pendelum has swung too far to one side.

SCF Rewards
    Country

i think it is too late. They need to eliminate ITG and their non licensed trash from the market.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Toronto Blue Jays Kansas City Chiefs
    See resurrect_my_collect's Items on eBay

i think it is too late. They need to eliminate ITG and their non licensed trash from the market.

I have no personal slant towards any one of the card companies, but I would argue that ITG probably gives you the best bang for your buck on busting wax these days. Also, they're the only avenue for finding quality vintage gu pieces, which is the most appealing gu there is, IMO.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Troll much?

SCF Rewards
    Country

No troll. ITG is bad for the market. Not licensed and just more water down effect from the stuff they release.

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

Yup, a bonafide troll.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast