Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

In Pursuit of Patrick Contest - Leg #7 - Playoffs Bracket Challenge!

Sports Card Forum 2013-14 Playoffs Bracket Challenge

The Quest for Lord Stanley’s Cup begins on April 16th! Will the Blackhawks be able to defend their Championship? Will a Canadian team hoist the Cup for the first time since 1993? Can a loaded Blues team go all the way? The next two months will see all of these questions answered, and along the way we can have some fun in the SCF 2013-14 Playoffs Bracket Challenge!

The contest will run in this format:

• Each participant will predict the winning team of each series and the number of games in each series (i.e. Montreal over Tampa Bay in 6). This process will be followed for all four rounds of the playoffs. Participants remain in the pool until the end of the playoffs, so even if you have a slow start and the teams you pick in round one are eliminated, you get a fresh start in the next round.
    • Two points will be awarded for correctly choosing the winning team (i.e. Montreal).
    • Two additional points will be awarded for correctly choosing the number of games it takes the winning team to clinch the series (i.e. 6 games).
    • A single point will be awarded for choosing the correct number of games but not the winning team (i.e. Tampa Bay in 6). This is our variation of the overtime “loser point,” even though there are no points given out in the playoffs.

The player with the most points at the end of the Stanley Cup Finals wins the contest leg and receive a great card prize featuring a member of the eventual Stanley Cup Champions!

Each participant will receive points in the In Pursuit of Patrick Contest - the number of points you receive in this Leg will be added to your overall total. The winner will receive an additional 10 points on top of the points they earn in the Leg.

Please have your predictions for the first round of the playoffs submitted by the end of the day on April 16th. Late entries will be allowed up to 1 game per series being played but you can only pick the winner of each series, and not the winner plus the number of games.

First Round Matchups are as follows:

Western Conference Eastern Conference
    Anaheim Ducks vs Dallas Stars Boston Bruins vs Detroit Red Wings
    San Jose Sharks vs Los Angeles Kings Tampa Bay Lightning vs Montreal Canadiens
    Colorado Avalanche vs Minnesota Wild Pittsburgh Penguins vs Columbus Blue Jackets
    St. Louis Blues vs Chicago Blackhawks New York Rangers vs Philadelphia Flyers

Please send your picks to RGM81 via PM with the Subject line "2013-14 SCF Playoffs Bracket Challenge - First Round Picks" with your winning teams and the number of games it will take them to win the series.

All picks will be posted after the entry deadline in the thread so that everybody can see what they're up against, and I will be keeping an up-to-date game-by-game, series-by-series tracker on a nightly basis in the thread.

Please feel free to forward this along to anybody else that you think may be interested!

Rules and Such...

One entry per member. Multiple entries will be disqualified.

All SCF members will be eligible to participate in this leg of the In Pursuit of Patrick Contest.

Members must be in good standing to be eligible to win the Playoffs Bracket Challenge, meaning:
    - No serious infractions during the past 30 days: a serious infraction is any infraction worth over 3 points – any serious infractions will result in disqualification from the contest.
    - No suspensions: if you have been suspended from SCF for rule violations during the past 30 days, you are disqualified from participating.
    - No negative feedback for the past 30 days prior to the beginning of the contest - any negative feedback received will be investigated by the SCF Dispute Team.

----------

If you have any questions, please feel free to post them here or send me a PM. I wanted to get this posted early so that anybody unfamiliar with the rules can get the clarification that they may need.

Good luck to everybody!
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

We've got a mere four entries so far - let's keep them coming folks!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Tagged. Gonna do this after work!

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

Good good! This one is a lot of fun - I used to do it at the office at my previous job - we'd get upwards of 20 people playing and do a $5 entry fee. Good times!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See ShamaleSands's Items on eBay

I've done this bracket with a few friends. Hockey is the only sport where I am very biased, but at least I can admit it! I will do this bracket in 3 minutes flat lol.
    Master List: Hidden Content

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thank you and good luck to all entrants!

Here is the list of participants and their Round 1 selections....

BOS VS DET TB VS MTL PIT VS CBJ NYR VS PHI ANA VS DAL COL VS MIN STL VS CHI SJ VS LA
    Participants Team Games Team Games Team Games Team Games Team Games Team Games Team Games Team Games
    MattDMC DET 6 MTL 5 CBJ 6 PHI 5 ANA 5 MIN 6 STL 5 SJ 6
    G0SHARKSG0 BOS 6 MTL 6 PIT 5 PHI 7 ANA 5 COL 6 CHI 7 SJ 6
    waf BOS 5 MTL 7 PIT 5 NYR 6 ANA 5 COL 5 CHI 6 SJ 6
    hazmatman BOS 5 MTL 7 PIT 5 PHI 4 ANA 6 COL 7 CHI 6 LA 7
    roverpak BOS 7 MTL 5 PIT 6 PHI 7 ANA 6 COL 5 CHI 7 SJ 6
    CJRW83 BOS 7 MTL 5 PIT 6 PHI 6 ANA 6 COL 5 STL 6 LA 6
    30ranfordfan BOS 5 MTL 5 PIT 4 PHI 6 ANA 4 MIN 7 STL 6 LA 6
    habsmtl09 DET 7 MTL 5 PIT 6 PHI 5 ANA 6 COL 7 STL 6 LA 5
    cunnuc DET 6 TB 7 PIT 5 PHI 5 ANA 6 COL 5 CHI 6 SJ 6
    pur3strpker0 BOS 6 TB 6 PIT 6 NYR 7 ANA 5 COL 6 CHI 6 LA 7

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

Amazing that Round 1 ends tonight and we still have only one confirmed matchup for Round 2.

I suspect that the only series to start Thursday will be Habs/Bruins - as such participants will need to get their pick submitted for that series by puck drop tomorrow and the rest of the series by Friday at puck drop.

Will send out an email to all involved. :)

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

Here's the standings after the first round:

Participants Round 1
    MattDMC 7
    G0SHARKSG0 11
    waf 16
    hazmatman 21
    roverpak 15
    CJRW83 15
    30ranfordfan 17
    habsmtl09 14
    cunnuc 10
    pur3strpker0 20

PM has been sent to all participants to get their picks submitted for the second round.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

Hey all, sorry for not getting this posted sooner

Player BOS vs MTL PIT vs NYR CHI vs MIN ANA vs LA
    Team Games Team Games Team Games Team Games
    MattDMC MTL 6 PIT 4 CHI 6 ANA 5
    G0SHARKSG0 MTL 6 NYR 7 CHI 5 LA 6
    waf BOS 6 PIT 6 CHI 6 ANA 6
    hazmatman BOS 6 PIT 7 CHI 4 LA 7
    roverpak
    CJRW83 MTL 5 PIT 6 CHI 6 LA 6
    30ranfordfan MTL 6 PIT 6 CHI 5 LA 5
    habsmtl09 MTL 6 PIT 7 CHI 5 ANA 7
    cunnuc BOS 7 PIT 6 CHI 5 LA 6
    pur3strpker0 MTL 6 PIT 6 CHI 6 ANA 6

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

With two series completed, one ending for sure tonight (GO HABS GO), and one possibly ending tonight, keep your eyes peeled on your inboxes for the Round 3 matches!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast