Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

1996-97 Zenith Championship Salute set, Can anybody answer a question regarding?

All,
    Regarding 96-97 Zenith Championship Salute, does anybody have a definitive answer to what the difference is between the base insert and the Diamond parallel?
    Beckett describes the Diamond cards as having a Diamond chip on the card front in the bottom left corner, leading me to believe the base cards are without this chip.
    On ebay, most of the cards available have the Diamond chip, and descriptions vary between referring to this card as the base and as the rarer Diamond parallel.

It seems to be very difficult to determine what is what with these cards in the marketplace.

Please advise, if you can shed light on this matter.
    Thanks

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1996-97-Zeni...item23338b13e2

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1996-97-Zeni...item43c7e716f6

SCF Rewards
    Country

This should be in the hockey card talk thread but I can tell you that you will know if you have a little piece of rock on your card versus a cardboard fascimille. Also the ones with the little piece of rock don't fit into a normal top loader
    The want list at this link features what I need of Gretzky, Roy, Ottawa Senators, and Miscellaneous sets. I also have a CFL want list on my page and if you have nothing from it I will consider other traders of current Ottawa Senators,Guy Lafleur, + trade bait.

Wants - Hidden Content

Traders - Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

This should be in the hockey card talk thread but I can tell you that you will know if you have a little piece of rock on your card versus a cardboard fascimille. Also the ones with the little piece of rock don't fit into a normal top loader

Yes thanks for the help. Can you see in the two ebay examples I provided that the same card is being described as a Diamond in one, and base in the other?
    When you look at the cards in those links, are you thinking they are Diamond or base?

SCF Rewards
    Country

Neither of those have the Diamond on them. Base.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (296)
    Country

Both base....there is a real glinty piece o diamond on the others.....I have a Lemieux here.....somwhere......laff........now where did I put it........