Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@oldtimehockey29 See joeaverage67's Items on eBay

The Big Big BIG Vancouver Showwwwwwwww!!!

Hi and how are ya? Got a few minutes to kill?.............

So this weekend was the big Friday / Saturday extravaganza at the Croatian Cultural Centre in East Vancouver, featuring autograph guests Trevor Linden on Friday (his birthday!!) and Pavel Bure & Gino Odjick on Saturday. Anyone who knows anything about the state of the card show situation in Vancouver was probably blown away by this weekend, both days were packed and everyone had a great time!! Congratuations and thanks to Dale & Angie for doing things amazingly right, they poured their hearts and souls into this one and they both looked fried before the show even started hahaaaa. Heh.

Just about EVERYONE showed up to buy or sell, Dave Sedin & Steffen & Derek & Gordon & Ali & Hooman a bunch of HI mutants, who are pretty ok considering one of them was my favorite seller there.......

The line-up and crowd for Pavel Bure

On a personal level, the show was a disaster for me haha. I waited too late to try to book a table and got skunked. Steffen was super-nice and let me share his 1/3 of a table but I had a car full of stuff and had no room to display anything, so I made $110 and I still have a car full of stuff :(

So I skipped on Saturday, tooooo depressing (and poor. mostly poor), and spent the day hooking up my new computer and scanner so that I could show off my show purchases, which wasn't a lot, but here ya go...........

First off, the 1st scan I took with the new device, the finest custom card Ever. Made. Ever.

Moving on to the show, Steffen found these five for me in a dollar binder!!! A) when they pop up on eBay they go for like a $15-20 BIN asking price and B) they hardly ever pop up on eBay. So this was a massive score!! I'm up to 27/89 now..........

Next, a card that started out on HI and wormed itself over to a different guy on HI who brought it up from America to the show to flip it and I was lucky enough to be the flippee, and for a very nice home-town discount. Thanks very much to Tony for this little 2/5 gem...........

And that was it. My unfortunate selling experience made me realize that I've spent the last couple years trying to buy EVERYTHING and the result is that I have a bunch of mid-end junk that nobody else wants. So after I blow all that out I'll be concentrating on Ryan Kesler for the true hobby side of things and dead guys because I love old-timey hockey and let's be honest here, they're a pretty good investment. So I got a couple cards graded at the show as well........

This one.............

Annnnnnd this one.........I'm quite happy with the results...........

And that. Is that.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Too bad about that 6.5 eh Ed =S .... didnt want to share the other part of that story =P

For plain old cardboard of guys I never watched play ..... I guess they're pretty swell

You missed Matt Fern day 2 ...... got there around 8:30 .... myself and 2 other dealers bought him out by 8:50 ...... was like he wasnt even there =)
    *** Main PC - Roberto Luongo ***
    *** MOST WANTED - 12/13 PRIME COLORS "PATCH" ROBERTO LUONGO x/8 ***

Flickr ( not updated ) - Hidden Content
    Trade List - Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

Too bad about that 6.5 eh Ed =S .... didnt want to share the other part of that story =P

For plain old cardboard of guys I never watched play ..... I guess they're pretty swell

You missed Matt Fern day 2 ...... got there around 8:30 .... myself and 2 other dealers bought him out by 8:50 ...... was like he wasnt even there =)

Haha that figures! Hopefully he didn't sell off the Jacques Plante jersey that still hasn't come in the mail!

The 6.5 Geoffrion is a 6.5 because on the way out of the house Friday morning I dropped it on a corner without having put it in a top-loader. The only words for that would get me banned here for life.............

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Ottawa Senators Toronto Blue Jays Toronto Raptors
    See hossa18sens's Items on eBay

The only words for that would get me banned here for life.............

That could be good for you lol

Congrats on the nice additions and awesome grade on the Boom Boom RC

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See pidge27's Items on eBay

Congrats on the awesome grade on the Boom Boom's Ed! The 51-52 is just exceptional though! I knew that it would grade pretty high! Great job!
    Hidden Content

Looking for 01-02, 02-03 BTP memorabilia

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Vancouver Canucks
    Twitter: @Vancollects25 See Paulk9551's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

Very nice pick-ups! Especially with the quad auto! Did I just not see you there, or did I talk to you and not realize it was you? haha

Alexander

SCF Rewards
    Country

Very nice pick-ups! Especially with the quad auto! Did I just not see you there, or did I talk to you and not realize it was you? haha

Alexander

Both? Neither? hahahaa.......... I was at my "table" for maybe a grand total of 10 minutes of Friday night's four hours. I wandered around with Dave for a bit, probably went outside 15 times for a smoke and was in the Linden line-up for a while. I'm not really cut out for show selling :D

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

OMG! You bought an Alexie Yashin card!

SCF Rewards
    Country

OMG! You bought an Alexie Yashin card!

It was a dollar. Actually, Steffen just gave them to me! We unofficially trade shinies of the players from our respective eras back and forth :D

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

lol.

I kid, I kid. Especially when working on sets.... doesn't matter who it is, gotta have it.

I remember questioning my own sanity when I paid aorund $30 for a Yashin from 02-03 UD.

It was a dollar. Actually, Steffen just gave them to me! We unofficially trade shinies of the players from our respective eras back and forth :D

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast