Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
    Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Official Discussion Thread - Round 1 - Tampa Bay Lightning vs. Montreal Canadiens

These two clubs faced off four times in the regular season, and three of them ended in a 2-1 score (the fourth game had an empty netter to make it 3-1 for the Lightning) - this should be a great series between the Lightning and the Canadiens. This is only the second time ever these two clubs have met in the post-season.

Post your predictions, news & highlights, and all discussion related to the series here.

Schedule:
    Wednesday, April 16 - 7pm: Montreal at Tampa Bay (CBC, RDS, CNBC) - 5-4 MTL (OT)
    Friday, April 18 - 7pm: Montreal at Tampa Bay (CBC, RDS, CNBC) - 4-1 MTL
    Sunday, April 20 - 7pm: Tampa Bay at Montreal (CBC, RDS, NBCSN) - 3-2 MTL
    Tuesday, April 22 - 7pm: Tampa Bay at Montreal (CBC, RDS, NHLN U.S.) - 4-3 MTL

Canadiens win series 4-0

As always, please keep the discussion respectful and avoid any unnecessary personal pot-shots or rude comments
    Last edited by RGM81; 04-23-2014 at 12:12 PM.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Kessel_fan_87's Items on eBay

Tampa in 7

SCF Rewards
    Country

I would love to see Tampa Bay clean up just like Ottawa did last year, though of course without any injuries. Also I'd like to see Stamkos do well. I was in Tampa when he got injured, and you could tell the fans really cared about him. It's always good to see such a good guy win.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I think this one is all about the goalies, after Prices Gold Medal win i dont think hes going to be feeling as much pressure....Habs in 5

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I think this one is all about the goalies, after Prices Gold Medal win i dont think hes going to be feeling as much pressure....Habs in 5

As much as I love it when it's all about Carey, in this series...it's not.

Montreal's success will come down to the following:
    * Getting their power play back on track - against a team that ranked 23rd on the PK during the regular season, exploit the man advantage
    * Elevating 5-on-5 play - if they can keep it even, or even ahead, here, they will be successful
    * Containing Stamkos - you can't stop him, you can only hope to limit his effectiveness over the course of the series

Do these things well, and they'll be fine.

SCF Graphics

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See dnjcards's Items on eBay

We're going to game 2 on friday! I was super excited when they won in Washington getting home ice as we're down in Orlando til Monday so it's only an hour to the arena. I'm hoping Tampa wins the series so we can go see more games.

SCF Rewards
    Country

As much as I love it when it's all about Carey, in this series...it's not.

Montreal's success will come down to the following:
    * Getting their power play back on track - against a team that ranked 23rd on the PK during the regular season, exploit the man advantage
    * Elevating 5-on-5 play - if they can keep it even, or even ahead, here, they will be successful
    * Containing Stamkos - you can't stop him, you can only hope to limit his effectiveness over the course of the series

Do these things well, and they'll be fine.

I dont know about that, I do agree with some of your points....but look at the teams he faced in the Olympics and ended up shutting most of them out.....Tampa doesn't come close to matching up to the Olympic teams. Goaltending definitely wins Stanley Cups and a seasoned goalie like price is definitely going to have an advantage after his recent gold medal win. It is a team game though so if there not playing well in front of him anything could happen.

Go pens...LOL
    Last edited by cnwalker123; 04-15-2014 at 07:49 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I dont know about that, I do agree with some of your points....but look at the teams he faced in the Olympics and ended up shutting most of them out.....Tampa doesn't come close to matching up to the Olympic teams. Goaltending definitely wins Stanley Cups and a seasoned goalie like price is definitely going to have an advantage after his recent gold medal win. It is a team game though so if there not playing well in front of him anything could happen.

Go pens...LOL

Not sure if you noticed.... but Price barely had to do anything at the Olympics. The defence took care of business.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

We're going to game 2 on friday! I was super excited when they won in Washington getting home ice as we're down in Orlando til Monday so it's only an hour to the arena. I'm hoping Tampa wins the series so we can go see more games.

Could you by chance grab me a extra program or whatever giveaway they give for me. Ill trade for it even . Cards or another giveaway as im a 14-15 ticket holder for the Bolts.
    Trading for Steelers,Penguins,Pirates and Michigan players in Michigan uni

Hidden Content

Thanks to the USPS Shipping only to US addresses.

Shipping done on Saturdays no matter when the trade is confirmed

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

Go pens...LOL

Oh I agree there - he'll be key for sure and looking to build on that Olympics success...but it will be in a series against an opponent like Boston or Pittsburgh where the goaltending moves to the forefront.

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast