Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
    Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Official Discussion Thread - Round 1 - Colorado Avalanche vs. Minnesota Wild

Patrick Roy leads the surprising Avalanche into his first playoffs behind the bench - the Avs will be taking on a very sound defensive squad in the Wild. This will be a great series.

Post your predictions, insights, and game-day chatter here.

Schedule:
    Thursday, April 17 - 9:30pm: Minnesota at Colorado (CNBC, TSN) - 5-4 COL (OT)
    Saturday, April 19 - 9:30pm: Minnesota at Colorado (NBCSN, TSN)
    Monday, April 21 - 8pm: Colorado at Minnesota (NHLN U.S., (TSN)
    Thursday, April 24 - 9:30pm: Colorado at Minnesota (CNBC, TSN2)
    *Saturday, April 26 - TBD: Minnesota at Colorado (TSN)
    *Monday, April 28 - TBD: Colorado at Minnesota (TSN)
    *Wednesday, April 30 - TBD: Minnesota at Colorado (TSN)

As always, please keep the discussion respectful and avoid any unnecessary personal pot-shots or rude comments
    Last edited by RGM81; 04-19-2014 at 12:33 PM.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Kessel_fan_87's Items on eBay

Avs in 5

SCF Rewards
    Country

Colorado had a good season but i dont think they will make it pass the first round....Wild in 6

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Winnipeg Jets Boston Bruins
    See timothystar's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

The Wild still don't have enough punch, and Brygolov will implode under pressure.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Minnesota Twins Minnesota Wild Minnesota Twins
    See hollywood_42's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

I'm biased towards the hometown team, but I disagree. Look at our recent wins- 4-0 over the Pens, 4-3 over your Bruins, 4-2 over the Blues... We have the talent to go all the way, it's just consistency that is worrisome. I think the Wild have a legimitate shot to make a playoff run here. I'm saying we take this series in 6. Go Wild!

The Wild still don't have enough punch, and Brygolov will implode under pressure.

Last edited by Hollywood42; 04-16-2014 at 12:07 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Winnipeg Jets Boston Bruins
    See timothystar's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

I'm biased towards the hometown team, but I disagree. Look at our recent wins- 4-0 over the Pens, 4-3 over your Bruins, 4-2 over the Blues... We have the talent to go all the way, it's just consistency that is worrisome. I think the Wild have a legimitate shot to make a playoff run here. I'm saying we take this series in 6. Go Wild!

Look at the recent wins against 2 heavy hitter's who are resting their starters? and the over-rated Blues who have a ton of injuries, OK ;) FYI, The Av's are the only team to defeat every team in the league this year.

Bryz is horrendous, Varlemov is a Vezina candidate....but I have no horse in this one, just a prediction.

SCF Rewards
    Country

As a huge Avs fan I'm just going to enjoy the fact that they made it in the playoffs once again, and take whatever comes! Both teams played great at the end of the year, and with the Avs young stars and inexperience, I think this is a toss up. Believe it or not, Varlemov has a much better win percentage in games that he has faced 40 or more shots, leading me to think that the style the Wild play is a bad match up for the Avs.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Gut tells me that this is the big upset of the first round. Wild, but it will be one that goes the distance.

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

The Avalanche still, and always will "Rubs Oil on itself". Fans live in caves. Cannot possibly cheer for them even if they play Pittsburgh or Montreal.

I cannot have this team competitive in my World, so I will ignore them.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays New England Patriots
    Twitter: @KarineHains See Pheebs8882's Items on eBay

Avs in 6! And i'll make sure to watch a few of these :)

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast