Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sandy Koufax Question

SCF Rewards
    Country

Ok, sorry. I was just wondering if anyone knew. I am new here and it seems like everyone knows a lot about this stuff. I didn't know that no one would know.

TTM Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Giants Philadelphia Phillies New Jersey Devils
    See arfmax's Items on eBay

Nobody knows what exactly goes on when you mail something to an athlete, but it doesn't hurt to try. If you think you have an idea for getting Sandy Koufax TTM, then go for it, best of luck, and certainly let everyone know what happens.
    Working on autographed 1987 Topps Baseball set:
    Total Cards in Set:792/Total Autographable: 760 (6 Checklists, 26 Team Leaders)
    Total Autographed:639!
    Currently Sent (Outstanding):44
    Percent Complete:84.1

SCF Rewards
    Country

Nobody knows what exactly goes on when you mail something to an athlete, but it doesn't hurt to try. If you think you have an idea for getting Sandy Koufax TTM, then go for it, best of luck, and certainly let everyone know what happens.

Thank you for the positive comment and I will mail it off soon. I will make sure to let you know if it works!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Best bet to get Sandy is to get him IP at Camelback in the spring.

SCF Rewards
    Country

don't remind me, I missed him by 2 days in camp in 2013.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Ouch man that sucks

SCF Rewards
    Country

Ouch man that sucks

It's okay, man, but thanks. The good news is, the last day I was there was the first day that Magic Johnson was at Dodger camp. So I was too late for koufax, but had I been there for Koufax it would have been too early for Magic. So I got Magic, so I guess I can live with that.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Im not telling you because if it does work (which is a very very small chance), I don't want everyone trying it and expecting to get it back. If I could think of it than I think anyone could. Just use your brain (if you have one)

Just a bit of advice newbie. Asking us regulars for info or advice, then turning around and being a smart ™™™™™, probably isnt the best way to go. You wanna run your mouth, do it elsewhere. We are all collectors here, all willing to help. BUT you gotta be respectful and courteous, not like were out on the streets. And btw, the whole "im not telling u because if it does work, i dont want everyone expecting to get one back" is absolute BULLCRAP. WE ARE ALL HERE TO HELP EACH OTHER AND BUILD EACH OTHERS COLLECTIONS. WE DONT DO IT FOR THE MONEY ASPECT, WE DO IT FOR THE LOVE OF THE HOBBY. dont run your mouth man. Its not a good look, its not appropriate. and its not the place for that kind of attitude. you would know that if you used your brain (if, of course, you have one)
    Bottom line man- Be cool, stay chill. You want US to help YOU, but not offer to help US in return? why the hell would we EVER help you if thats the case? this isnt a one way street man. Ill let this whole cocky high school attitude go this time, seeing how you have a whole 6 posts under your belt, but if it happens again, ill call u out. Just be cool man. Theres no need for that nonsense. I think u managed to either annoy, aggravate or piss off the very people you were asking to help you. How much sense does that make honestly? Stay classy San Diego

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

We ALL want Koufax in our collections honestly. I personally only know ONE person thats ever got him TTM....If there was some brilliant "secret", its been tried. Dont expect a success...
    But just to answer your question now- The Post Office cant legally put the RTS sticker on it before it gets to him, unless he specifically told them to. Which of course, knowing Sandy, he most likely has. But even the package getting into his hands isnt the "golden ticket". He turns down EVERYONE. Im sure plenty of people have tried some brilliant idea with the envelopes. thats my thoughts. It may succeed, but the odds certainly arent in your favor

SCF Rewards
    Country

We ALL want Koufax in our collections honestly. I personally only know ONE person thats ever got him TTM....If there was some brilliant "secret", its been tried. Dont expect a success...
    But just to answer your question now- The Post Office cant legally put the RTS sticker on it before it gets to him, unless he specifically told them to. Which of course, knowing Sandy, he most likely has. But even the package getting into his hands isnt the "golden ticket". He turns down EVERYONE. Im sure plenty of people have tried some brilliant idea with the envelopes. thats my thoughts. It may succeed, but the odds certainly arent in your favor

Im sorry I talked like that. I know that the question was worded badly, but I guess I just was upset with people not taking giving positive feedback. I think that I need to rephrase the question. What I meant was which address, his home or the PO box has the best, very, very, small chance of getting to him. I am having a hard time deciding weather to use his home or PO box. Which would you prefer? Or which has produced AT LEAST ONE success?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast