Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 815161718192021 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Miami Dolphins New York Mets Miami Heat
    See FLIHGH's Items on eBay

Just saw this thread, and I am not even sure what the original idea was. But here is something I have been doing for about 10 years. For Halloween every year, I give out cards, instead of candy. What I do is pull out a bunch of old cards from the 90s that are just sitting in boxes and I am not doing anything with. I also grab a bunch of commons and small inserts from today's cards that I am not interested in. I mix the cards into small team-set bags, trying to add in some of each sport that I have. I fill up a team bag full of old and new cards, add a pack or two of cheap modern cards (MVP/Victory/etc), and give those to the kids. I sometimes include a single small piece of chocolate or something, so as not to totally disappoint the little girls who don't know what they are getting. Last year, I also started randomly inserting (about one per every 3 packs) autographs or old jersey cards. I am a Capitals season ticket holder, and I can get player autos pretty easily, so I have a lot.

It has become more popular than I could possibly have imaged. Local kids bring along their friends from school just to get the cards. They really enjoy it because it is different than everything else they get. Even the girls like it because a few say they trade their cards to their brothers. The parents love it because its less candy the kids are getting. I have become know as the "Card Guy"; I guess it could be worse... My wife loves it because it gets rid of some of the boxes of old garbage sitting in our basement. But more importantly, it introduces kids to card collecting which they may never get anywhere else.

That is great!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    San Francisco 49ers Golden State Warriors

thanks to schwood, ive been on both sides. i was lucky enough to recommended to him, so be a collector one on a budget at that thanks to my growing family my twin boys arent much into as they use to be, now i have one last hope with a boy on its way in dec. hopefully this time i can have a sidekick. being back in the hobby for two years im not where i would like to be but that time will come.

but anyways after schwood said he has some niner cards to send i thought it was an awesome idea so before i even received them i payed it forward to another collect on a budget. its a good feeling so recently i have also donated some cards to a childrens hospital. nothing like seeing kids so excited for cards. nothing can make you feel any better than seeing how happy they were, its the best feeling in the world.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Pittsburgh Steelers Buffalo Sabres Boston Celtics
    See far-outdude's Items on eBay

Looking for cards from the 2004 Sign of the Times football set. I need Javon Walker and Tom Brady to finish the standard (Silver) set and several of the Gold set. Here is a link to my photobucket so you can see what I already have. http://s227.photobucket.com/albums/d...20THE%20TIMES/

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See icefields02's Items on eBay

recently i was attempting to work out a trade with Adam (greenthings) but was unsuccessful. the communications were quick and very easy but still a nogo. as we parted (pm wise) he mentioned i should keep an eye on my mailbox in the near future, (wink wink). and sure enuff a week or so later i received a nice little package full of cards that was totally unnecessary and unexpected. he was just "helping out" a fellow collector from his hometown. really nice gesture which i remembered to thank him for. he may be too modest to accept accolades but i thought it would be appropriate to mention Adam here in this threads. Thank you again Adam (greenthings). peace Ice

OPG Storefront Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    New England Patriots Boston Bruins Boston Red Sox
    Twitter: @patriotsguy See patriots_football_guy's Items on eBay Instagram: Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale
    Member is PayPal Verified

recently i was attempting to work out a trade with Adam (greenthings) but was unsuccessful. the communications were quick and very easy but still a nogo. as we parted (pm wise) he mentioned i should keep an eye on my mailbox in the near future, (wink wink). and sure enuff a week or so later i received a nice little package full of cards that was totally unnecessary and unexpected. he was just "helping out" a fellow collector from his hometown. really nice gesture which i remembered to thank him for. he may be too modest to accept accolades but i thought it would be appropriate to mention Adam here in this threads. Thank you again Adam (greenthings). peace Ice

Always good to hear stories like this! Thanks for sharing!

SCF Rewards
    Country

I collect Dale Hawerchuk, this thread is a great idea!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Jodyy85's Items on eBay

I am interested in JJ Redick cards that I don't already have if anybody has anything of him and could take a minute to see if its in my bucket and if not I would very greatful for any help. These days I get excited to just get a base or insert I need of him. If anyone on here collects Duke alum (Got quite a few duke alum autos thinking about getting rid of besides my Redick cards and only keep duke alum autos in there Duke uniforms, Orlando magic fans, or baseball collectors (have many players that I can let go to help anothers collection. If u collected any of these feel free to messages me and I will see what I can do to help u out. Once again great idea.

My up to date bucket

Last edited by mrjobe85; 10-08-2014 at 08:41 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Just saw this thread, and I am not even sure what the original idea was. But here is something I have been doing for about 10 years. For Halloween every year, I give out cards, instead of candy. What I do is pull out a bunch of old cards from the 90s that are just sitting in boxes and I am not doing anything with. I also grab a bunch of commons and small inserts from today's cards that I am not interested in. I mix the cards into small team-set bags, trying to add in some of each sport that I have. I fill up a team bag full of old and new cards, add a pack or two of cheap modern cards (MVP/Victory/etc), and give those to the kids. I sometimes include a single small piece of chocolate or something, so as not to totally disappoint the little girls who don't know what they are getting. Last year, I also started randomly inserting (about one per every 3 packs) autographs or old jersey cards. I am a Capitals season ticket holder, and I can get player autos pretty easily, so I have a lot.

It has become more popular than I could possibly have imaged. Local kids bring along their friends from school just to get the cards. They really enjoy it because it is different than everything else they get. Even the girls like it because a few say they trade their cards to their brothers. The parents love it because its less candy the kids are getting. I have become know as the "Card Guy"; I guess it could be worse... My wife loves it because it gets rid of some of the boxes of old garbage sitting in our basement. But more importantly, it introduces kids to card collecting which they may never get anywhere else.

I've got my team bags ready and will start putting cards in them this weekend. Did this last year and can't tell you how much I enjoyed the smiles. One young lad went running back to his mom waiting on the sidewalk yelling as he went "Mom, I got cards!!!" His smile and hers made it all worthwhile. Some kids even came back just to chat and more than one parent came up to say thanks. I don't even mind if they come back more than once. Give a kid a useless card and that card finds a whole new purpose...creating smiles!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Los Angeles Dodgers Cincinnati Bengals Miami Heat
    See bradwells1977's Items on eBay

Alonzo mourning guys/gals...I have already helped a bunch of guys with their pc player collection this year..

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See michaeldang97's Items on eBay

Hi guys,
    Today I introduced my friend to the world of sports cards. Maybe because i'm in a good mood, maybe because I couldn't sell these cards, but I'm happy to make him happy when he sees the cards in his hands. I have sent 2 A&G inserts of Dimaggio and Mariano, TTM autos of Sterling Sharpe and Josh Hamilton, an Andrea Bargnani GU Auto /199, and a 2014 Bowman Tommy Kahnle Autograph. It's always a great feeling to introduce people to the sport, and I'm glad to help spread the hobby!

Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 815161718192021 LastLast