Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 101718192021 LastLast
    BANNED

Country

rick I would like to thank you for sharing your passion with us...I have never looked at my husbands collection that way.. I would always laugh when he got our boys into the hobby.. he always told me its not the value of the player but the memories u make .. his dad (bless his soul) started him on his collection when he was 4 years old.. they mainly collected baseball autos and hockey.. my father in laws favorite player was cecil fielder and my husbands was steve yzerman and marian hossa..as for baseball my husband just liked getting who ever he could get mainly on the Detroit tigers or redwings.. I really never gave much though into the time they spent together my husband and kids.. there are times when I hear him tell them storys on how him and his dad went here or drive like 5 hours away to meet someone. It has been 8 years since the passing of his dad and yes he has passed on some of his dads collection to the kids . after reading your story I have a different perspective on the hobby my husband loves so much.. I just want to say thank you to all the scf members who help make this hobby so enjoyable to my family .. you all should pat yourself on the back.. happy collecting from a mother of 5..may all your mail boxes be full...

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

This thread is really incredible, and it's what the hobby is about. I too have experienced multiple instances of generosity throughout my times collecting, and I hope to experience, and participate, in many more generous acts in the future.

It's all about Perspective. :)
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

I'd like to take some time to give a big shoutout to CanucksFan007 on sending my some cards completely out of the blue.

Here's the Show And Tell thread that explains it all:

https://www.sportscardforum.com/threa...-in-this-hobby

Remember to Pay It Forward! :)

OPG Storefront Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    New England Patriots Boston Bruins Boston Red Sox
    Twitter: @patriotsguy See patriots_football_guy's Items on eBay Instagram: Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale
    Member is PayPal Verified

It's a sad day here at SCF as we got word that Chris aka Chajones has passed away. He was a great guy, even behind the computer screen. I've dealt with him a few times and had a few conversations with him too. Even though he was sick he never lost his perspective, and above everything else he always stayed positive.

Roger

Dispute Team Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Dallas Cowboys Pittsburgh Penguins New York Yankees
    See etmill01's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders

It's a sad day here at SCF as we got word that Chris aka Chajones has passed away. He was a great guy, even behind the computer screen. I've dealt with him a few times and had a few conversations with him too. Even though he was sick he never lost his perspective, and above everything else he always stayed positive.

Roger

This is very sad to hear, I never dealt with him but from what I saw he seemed to be a great guy..My thoughts and prayers are with his family...Ed

General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Air Force
    Tennessee Titans Nashville Predators Memphis Grizzlies
    See danielsteinmann11's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders

Awe man i'm so sorry to hear this, may he RIP he was a great guy.

Baseball Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Detroit Pistons Detroit Lions Detroit Red Wings
    See cramkd117's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Here is a link if anyone wants to help Chris' family out. .https://www.gofundme.com/ef5xe6q8

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See sweetg1's Items on eBay

I've been a bit behind on some of this thread, but as we approach Rick's son Aaron's birthday, I think it appropriate to start it back up. Who is with me on this?
    Baseball: Anything to do with the Negro Leagues (cards, memorabilia, etc), Clementes
    Football: Payton, E. Smith, Sayers, J. Brown
    Tickets: All sports, but love Baseball and Football
    Others: Vintage is always welcome, anything tradeable.
    My bucket: Hidden Content

BANNED

Blog Entries
    Country
    Houston Astros LSU Tigers
    See cademinton's Items on eBay Instagram: Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale

I wanna thank @Lasports4life for sending me a huge base lot full of PC needs. A new member that will be a great asset to this community!

OPG Storefront Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    New England Patriots Boston Bruins Boston Red Sox
    Twitter: @patriotsguy See patriots_football_guy's Items on eBay Instagram: Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale
    Member is PayPal Verified

Has anyone else payed it forward? Would like to hear more stories...

Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 101718192021 LastLast