Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 27
  1. #1

    12-13 Fleer Retro worth it for $75.99

    I wanted to buy a box of this for a while and think now that the price has dropped to around 75 bucks. I should move. Will I be burned terribly with a tough box at this price? Should i buy a few?

  2. #2
    Yes you will most likely be burned on that product. Everything is sticker autos and not the product is not really desirable among collectors. I would stay away.
    Bucket: Hidden Content

    Looking for Penguins, Ovechkin Autos & Rookies, Lundqvist and Kopitar Rookies

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by theboxbreaker96 View Post
    Yes you will most likely be burned on that product. Everything is sticker autos and not the product is not really desirable among collectors. I would stay away.
    even at this price wasn't the original price per box over $200?

  4. #4
    Even at $75 I wouldn't touch it with a 60 foot pole.

    For some reason UD thought its Hockey Collectors would enjoy a set filled with Basketball styled inserts and a massive watered down sticker dump of $2 autos. Rather than try to be creative and come up with something new and exciting UD chose to take a success from one sport and turned it into a major flop in another.
    Hidden Content
    Collecting Red Wings Past Present and Future!


  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by MattDMC View Post
    Even at $75 I wouldn't touch it with a 60 foot pole.

    For some reason UD thought its Hockey Collectors would enjoy a set filled with Basketball styled inserts and a massive watered down sticker dump of $2 autos. Rather than try to be creative and come up with something new and exciting UD chose to take a success from one sport and turned it into a major flop in another.
    Ok. thank you man I trust the opinions of the veterans on this board.

  6. #6
    Upper Deck used this product to get rid of bunch of old sticker Autos of players who are no longer in the NHL, in order to get a return on their investment. A good example of sticking it to the collectors.
    Traders:
    Hidden Content

    Want List:
    Hidden Content

  7. #7
    There are a few good cards you can pull.

    I purchased a hobby box (auction) on FeeBay for like ... $50+ and at that price it was awesome. It's few and far between where you find deals like that.

    The good thing about Fleer Retro is you actually pull insert(s) in every pack and some of them are decent and you can chase the rest of the cards on eBay or here for a very good price. If it's the hobby and the set chasing you enjoy then it can actually be good product to bust. Is it worth the break for $70-$75? No of course not, but almost nothing is when they have been reduced in price. There are always good cards to hit and desirable cards to hit that will sell well.

    But if no one busted boxes then there would be no cards to buy on the secondary market so the debate of singles over boxes is moot at some point.

    Good luck,
    Looking for 13-14 Decades Mega Forward Steve Yzerman!

  8. #8
    More Upper Deck garbage. Best to stay away IMO.
    Looking for ITG Enforcers 1 & 2 cards LMK what you gotHidden Content
    ***********I ONLY PAY WITH CASH**************

  9. #9
    Honestly, just spend $40 more and get showcase.
    Hidden Content
    color codes: yellow/blue/green= incoming or pending/do not need
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

    Hidden Content

    If anyone is interested, click this link from CCM and help me win free stuff as well as enter yourself: Hidden Content

  10. #10
    Honestly, for what you get, that product is a dud at even half that price. It's filled with modern versions of product that wasn't popular when it was new. I'd avoid it at all costs.

    Quote Originally Posted by MW Connection View Post
    I wanted to buy a box of this for a while and think now that the price has dropped to around 75 bucks. I should move. Will I be burned terribly with a tough box at this price? Should i buy a few?
    "I like chicken wings"
    -The Fat Man

    Hidden Content

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •