Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (48)
    Country
    Twitter: @HeroesofCrease See FanaticofTKD's Items on eBay Instagram:

Summit Show Extravaganza Plus 60+ Year Old Museum Addition! Lots of Pictures!

So as you are all well aware, the Summit V Sports and Collectibles Show was this weekend in Sherwood Park, Alberta. It is one of the largest such events in Western Canada and I was proud to have been set up there. It was a great experience, very profitable, and also landed me the oldest piece into my museum by far. Heck, my goaltending museum was even shown in Global News today!

So, instead of blah, blah, blahing about the experience and putting you to sleep at your keyboard, I'll let the pictures show the experience with minimal commentary until the sweater!

Set-up day, pretty barebones to say the least:

The sign felt so good, I kept it after the show...shhhhhh...

Day one setup complete:

Just some smileless swagger..."I work in back, I see no smiles":

Of course, I couldn't leave without a signature and a pic with the China Wall himself, Johnny Bower:

Or without Ray Bourque for that matter:

And of course, I still had enough exciting stuff to do a different day two memorabilia display ;)

And, as mentioned before, I added quite possibly the most exciting pieces into my collection so far. A certain vendor, and former head of the Summit Show, named David Martel, brought an old wool jersey to my attention and on day two we came to an easy and very fair deal for it. The goaltender's name was Marcel Paille. How old was the piece? Well...let me give you some background since I talk like a radio.

Marcel Paille was born on December 8, 1932, and passed away on October 7, 2002 due to cancer. Paille played his junior career with the Quebec Citadelle team from 1949-50 until the end of the 1952-53 season. He then went semi-pro and then pro when he debuted with the Cleveland Barons in the 1956-57 season. He first saw NHL action with the New York Rangers in the 1957-58 season, appearing in 33 games and recording an 11-15-7 record. He went onto jump consistently between the AHL and NHL's New York Rangers until the end of the 1964-65 season when Paille appeared in eight more AHL seasons and a lone WHA season before retiring.

The sweater displayed today was used by Marcel Paille in the 1951-52 Quebec Junior All-Star Game. It features a few puck marks and several unrepaired holes. Accurate statistics and photos for the time period are extremely difficult to come by, so it is unknown how he did in that game, or how he looked while wearing this sweater. One can only speculate, but we can definitely admire it today, more than 60 years after the fact.

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Very awesome pick up of a old vintage piece. Love how you changed the setup on different days. Thanks for taking the time to share.

Don

BANNED

Country

Sick stuff! Show more!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See pidge27's Items on eBay

He has a card in the 64-65 Tall boys set below which is a hard one to find. Congrats on the new piece and meeting the legends while you were there. Good luck with more pieces for the museum.

Hidden Content

Looking for 01-02, 02-03 BTP memorabilia

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (48)
    Country

Thanks for all of the comments everyone! It was a great weekend, and it is such a pain to be going back to work now.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@oldtimehockey29 See joeaverage67's Items on eBay

Bruce, I dunno who's a bigger fan than you :)

Your display skills are MAGNIFICENT!

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (48)
    Country

Bruce, I dunno who's a bigger fan than you :)

Your display skills are MAGNIFICENT!

Collection wise, there are many. Bigger goalie fan, I'm sure they're out there.

Display wise, I try. Modified a few mannequins so the jerseys don't buckle on the bottom, nothing irks me more than to see that on a jersey display. I also pre-planned the arrangement months in advance, the only last minute change being switching out a Vesa Toskala final three game worn jersey for a Chad Johnson first win, first shootout, first loss, first point jersey. Global news even took a few video feeds of my museum.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@oldtimehockey29 See joeaverage67's Items on eBay

Collection wise, there are many. Bigger goalie fan, I'm sure they're out there.

No man, anyone with a ton of money can make it rain and get the Vezina cards and the Lagongo pads and the insane amount of Red Wing jerseys, but to go out and hunt down and get pieces of HISTORY - Toronto Toros, a 60+ year old Junior AS gamer, etc - and then care enough to show it all off like that.........you win, sir :)

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (48)
    Country

You humble me. I just try my best to hunt down a significant piece of every goalie to ever play in the league.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See jffoland's Items on eBay

Very nice! The display looks awesome, congrats on that oldddd jersey!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast