Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See thorni2's Items on eBay

That Duchene / Mackinnon looks kinda an expensive card.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See 13stepper's Items on eBay

Wow, the disdain towards Upper Deck is, well, i really don't have the words for it.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See canadacardworld's Items on eBay

Wow... lots of rookie stickers they likely were looking to get rid of

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See mphoenix81's Items on eBay

Weak checklist but what else can you expect? UD no longer has competition so they don't need to give their best anymore (unless you are willing to spend $$$ on full cases of their worse products of this season). This is exactly what we'll see the next few years with the exclusive deal in place - just enough effort to keep collectors buying stuff but not an inch extra as they don't have to worry about another company's products being purchased instead of theirs. Fortunately UD has some sets (S1, SPA, Cup) which require no design changes to stay attractive so there will still be licensed cards worth getting in the near future.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Yeah, pretty surprised myself.

Upper Deck's priority signings is what is it is. Stand in line for an hour+ and get a free autographed card to go with the box you purchased. There is a chance of getting something really nice, but for the most part.... that auto is going to be a $10 (or less) card. You're also getting it for free...... and its not the only promotion they've got going on.

I'm not going to say I love the program (I don't, I've got these cards before.... but I don't think the time spent in line is worth it, for me) but to really bash them for the program, I'm surprised. I give them a lot of credit for trying.... I just don't think they've found the best formula yet.

Wow, the disdain towards Upper Deck is, well, i really don't have the words for it.

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

You are not getting it for free. It is incumbent on a purchase of something else, then putting up with the insolence of human existence, to stand for hours at somebody else's beck and call.

Does anybody understand marketing? Free with purchase, and a 2 hour wait is NOT free in the slightest. It's eligibility based, not free.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See canadacardworld's Items on eBay

Agreed... also from the look of the checklist, they've decided to remove the "chance of getting something nice" as well. Not a whole lot to get excited about this time around... unless of course you spend a thousand or two and bust some cases.

You are not getting it for free. It is incumbent on a purchase of something else, then putting up with the insolence of human existence, to stand for hours at somebody else's beck and call.

Does anybody understand marketing? Free with purchase, and a 2 hour wait is NOT free in the slightest. It's eligibility based, not free.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See 416gibby's Items on eBay

Yeah, pretty surprised myself.

Upper Deck's priority signings is what is it is. Stand in line for an hour+ and get a free autographed card to go with the box you purchased. There is a chance of getting something really nice, but for the most part.... that auto is going to be a $10 (or less) card. You're also getting it for free...... and its not the only promotion they've got going on.

I'm not going to say I love the program (I don't, I've got these cards before.... but I don't think the time spent in line is worth it, for me) but to really bash them for the program, I'm surprised. I give them a lot of credit for trying.... I just don't think they've found the best formula yet.

All they have to do is look at ITG for how to run a redemption program and their 'Diamond Dealers" at this show would love them because they would sell 2x the boxes easily IMHO not to mention more people would spend less time in line and on the floor looking at vendors displays.

I think they have the "wrapper redemption " blinders on 6-8 people at a time opening each pack of a box while 100 + people are waiting for their chance to do the same is just crazy.

If you buy a box with the certificate you should be able to walk up remove the wrapper break the seal hand them your certificate and get your redemption then walk away.

SCF Rewards
    Country

That's why they make you line up and kill one to two hours of your valuable show time to get one. They really care.

Could I repeat that they are free. Sometimes you have to have a little patience in this life

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See 416gibby's Items on eBay

Could I repeat that they are free. Sometimes you have to have a little patience in this life

Yes but so are ITG and guess what no lines and you do it at your leisure at least that was my experience

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast