Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

13-14 SPX 6 box case for $90 per box worth it

I really enjoy reading the opinions on what products are and are not worth it to purchase. I do not look to flip the stuff I break. I just want a fair shake to pull some nice cards. I trade, sell, and also send many cards to PSA. Is this years SPX release worth it for $90 per box? I really like the design of the cards and love how they give you a bonus ice pack.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gallinator's Items on eBay

The bonus Ice pack, Trilogy updates and SPx Retro cards are just about the only things to like about 13/14 SPx, IMO. The RC and insert designs are truly awful and may in fact go down as one of the ugliest, most unfinished looking designs of the modern era! Not my cup of tea at all, though there are those who will buy SPx year in and year out no matter what. For me, it would have to come down to $65/box to be worth cracking. Watch some box breaks on YouTube and see if you think you would be happy with the average box, as your mileage may vary.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See samo6575's Items on eBay

Nothing is worth it at the prices the products are at. The only way I see a product is worth it is when it firsts comes out that's when everyone wants it and pays top dollar. I have no idea what you want out of a box. You are going to loose money on any product you buy 99% of the time. Everytime you ask this question on this boards you are going to get a no. Pick a product and watch some breaks on youtube as gallinator suggested. I understand that you want opinions but no product is Worth it.
    Flickr: Hidden Content

Looking for Penguins, HOF Autos, Vintage Memorabilia. Aswell as any Guentzel and Murray Rookie Autos, Top Player Autos and Always looking for Decent Young Guns

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See ShamaleSands's Items on eBay

A lot of people purchase SPx. I personally don't break it often unless I scoop the odd box from eBay. I believe the SPx Retro cards are awesome as I remember them in late 90s. I believe the Retro SPx autos will sell for decent money but the rest of them and the other inserts don't sell. Hitting a decent rookie auto jersey can sell well. Some of the Winning Materials cards have sticks in them. jersey/jersey, jersey/stick, stick/stick, patch/patch and some can sell well.

$90 is a bit steep, but it's a new product so it's still quite high. $75-80 would be much better. If you have fun opening th eboxes and getting trade-bait then by all means go for it .

Good-lcuk,
    Master List: Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

i think there is decent value in it. Not enough packs at only 12 + the bonus pack. They need to up it to 18 or 20 and add a few more inserts. I will be a buyer once it drops a little more. I am not sure if it will ever hit $75 per box. Opinions.......

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See ShamaleSands's Items on eBay

Well if you have an eBay account then just do a search for hobby boxes, sort by highest price first just so you filter out all the 'Box Breaks' where they sell them by individual teams. If you find a hobby box for a decent price check to see if they have anything else.

I have made some of my best scores like this. Waited for an auction to end and when I won it I won a couple more auctions from that seller and then to save on shipping I bought 2 more boxes in 'Buy It Now'. And the good thing about it is if you're testing out the product then getting 1-2 boxes of 2-4 different sets can be beneficial. Maybe you like something you didnt really think you would like a lot better than buying 6 boxes of 1 product and then releazing you're not a big fan of it afterall.

SPx isn't a bad product and there are people who buy it every years. There are some really good selling rookies right now and there are retro-autos of rookies as well as some HoFers. As said earlier in this thread there is an insert set in there that is hideous looking and will never be worth much. That's the biggest down-fall of this year's product I think.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I think all of the sets in 13-14 spx look nice. Love the design they used and I am putting together the rpa set as this years class is top notch

SCF Rewards
    Country

after searching various sites I cannot find this product for under $90 per box

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See andrew_co1's Items on eBay

90$ a box for SPx? nahhh, maybe 70$ would be ok

SCF Rewards
    Country

90$ a box for SPx? nahhh, maybe 70$ would be ok

nobody will mark it down that much. I think distributors had to pay 70-75 for it. 90 is too much maybe i will wait