Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: America v Australia

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Freaks (8)
    Country
    See lois2764's Items on eBay

America v Australia

Is the public transport good is it cheap food bills common things cheap and the health care centere good there

In Australia everything is expensive health care is good

Are people nice in meeting people

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

depends where you go.

from my personal experience, people are very nice and the smaller the town, the nicer the people (usually)

healthcare is great, but I do have good insurance.

and prices of goods and transportation will vary greatly. depends what coast you are on and how big of a city you live in.

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

…..
    Melbourne has the best metro train system in the World. You can be anywhere 50 miles out within one hour by public transport. All public transport is good in all cities.

Sydney is now the World's most expensive city in which to live. A large pizza that costs you $15.00 here is $40.00 in Australia. The metro cost of living has taken a marked rise in the last few years.

Australian cities on average are 200 times safer than any American City. They are all safe, you won't get mugged, you won't run into gangs, you won't have to drive near or through an insufferable ghettos because there aren't any.

Heathcare is dispensed with cost dependent on income. It's a flat 5%. So I you make $100.00 dollars per year, you pay $5.00 and you are fully covered, not like the USA where only 80% coverage, large Co-Pays, and they don't cover many procedures.

The quality of life is what is much better in Australia. Aus, Norway and Canada always come in 1, 2. or 3 in the World's top 3 countries in the World for quality of life. Australia has the inside track because it does not have cold Winters.

If you don't like snakes, or insects, you won't like Australia. There are 1,000 houseflies per day in your face anywhere in the country. They take some getting used to, and are the most annoying thing about the country. In the outback, it's nothing but flies, 24/7

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Freaks (8)
    Country
    See lois2764's Items on eBay

Thanks for information it's handy

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gsj68's Items on eBay

are you coming to america? if so where?

SCF Rewards
    Country

A lot depends on WHERE in the United States you are going to live. Some stuff is the same but a lot of it is different so sometimes it can appear to be night and day even though it is the same country. Remember it is pretty big.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

I live in Atlanta, GA and have lived in Washington DC for a long time. I can't really compare the states to Austraila because I never been there but it really depends on what you are looking for. The bad parts of these cities are crime, traffic, gov't corrpution, rude people, cost of living, the good include sports, entertainment, the women, diversity of the people also there is always something to do during the summer. Also both cities have public transit but Atlanta's is lacking compared to other east coast cities. Health care is a complete. joke in the states. If you have money you have access to top notch health care. All the rest of us have to get on our knees and do a lot of praying. My advice would be to research the area(s) that you are interested in and take a trip for a week or two to see if you would like. Good luck.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content cardscomicsmoviesandgames
    Hidden Content darkdemon202404

SCF Rewards
    Country

not like the USA where only 80% coverage, large Co-Pays, and they don't cover many procedures.

not accurate.

it depends on your insurance provider. Mine pays 100%, co-pay is $15 for prescription and doctor visits. $50 for ambulance, and $100 for emergency room visits. the only procedures it does not cover are cosmetic ones.

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

You still pay, pay, and pay in the USA. I lived 2 years in Australia and my medical care cost me less then 2 sutures in the USA. It's a joke, and until you've live elsewhere you've nothing to compare it to.

SCF Rewards
    Country

2 sutures cost $0, so compare it to that. My job pays 100% of my insurance, so like I said, $15 co-pays is about it, no need to compare.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast