Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

SCF Rewards
    Country

What do kids attain with no post-secondary education? A career at McDonalads?? Hey, but at least you have some hockey cards from 20 years ago.

College is not for everyone and many succeed just fine without it. As Americans, we need to stop trying to make everyone attend college and incur massive debts that will need to be paid later on. The government places this emphasis on college and racks up the price of tuition and books year in and year out. They tax us to death. The whole thing is a sham. This is coming from someone who will have an MBA this august.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See habscards's Items on eBay

I am the original poster. If you do read through the entire thread then you would see that we do have a financial plan in place.

Every two weeks we have $100 go into a fund. $100 times 52 weeks a year is $2,600 a year. $2,600 times 18 years is $46,800. That is before the government adds their part and interest.

I am not just doing this project as a only form of financial planning for him. I am doing this as a side project that we can work together with when he gets older. When he gets say ten years old we can open a box of SP Authentic and keep any Future Watch that we need and try to trade for any that we need. I want it to be more of a card bonding experience between us. I hope that he has the passion for cards that I have. If he does not then so be it. Then when he goes off to school I will sell them and get money to help him out. In the chance that he does not go to school then I can help with a down payment for a house.

I am not doing this as a financial investment. I do realize that I will lose money on it but I just love the thrill of the chase and want to teach him that.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I am the original poster. If you do read through the entire thread then you would see that we do have a financial plan in place.

Every two weeks we have $100 go into a fund. $100 times 52 weeks a year is $2,600 a year. $2,600 times 18 years is $46,800. That is before the government adds their part and interest.

I am not just doing this project as a only form of financial planning for him. I am doing this as a side project that we can work together with when he gets older. When he gets say ten years old we can open a box of SP Authentic and keep any Future Watch that we need and try to trade for any that we need. I want it to be more of a card bonding experience between us. I hope that he has the passion for cards that I have. If he does not then so be it. Then when he goes off to school I will sell them and get money to help him out. In the chance that he does not go to school then I can help with a down payment for a house.

I am not doing this as a financial investment. I do realize that I will lose money on it but I just love the thrill of the chase and want to teach him that.

I hear ya man and hoorah to your Habs last night. They outplayed Boston and deserved that title. I hope the card collecting helps the bond with your son. Cheers.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234