Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

SCF Rewards
    Country

Does Leyland answer questions?

Got a Leyland back a few weeks ago and he didn't answer my questions.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See darryl-zero's Items on eBay

I wrote David Doster a few years back. Obviously not a memorable player, but he played for the Phillies in the late 90s. He had four career homers, but the one I remember was in 1999. I was in college at a party, and sat down to watch an extra inning game against the Rockies after playing Circle of Death or some fun drinking game. Just as Doster is hitting a walkoff homer, the cops busted the party. I'm the only person in this room, in a house full of people, and an officer walks into that back of this house as Doster is swinging, telling me to show him ID. I respond that I will after he slaps me five for the Phil's walkoff homer as I'm cheering and pointing to the TV. He let's out an audible laugh, high fives me, and tells me to scram and not to drive home.
    It's probably my favorite non-consequential homer ever. 10 years later, I write Doster telling him an even more elaborate version of the story and asking for a sig, and he writes about a two page letter in response. He tells me him and his wife laughed for a full hour after reading the story, and how he hunted down the guy that caught it. He had to give the guy all kinds of Rolen and Schilling graphs to get the ball back and then tells me was putting my letter away with the ball.
    I've had 1000's of returns, some from HOFers and all time greats, some from childhood favs, but that was my best return by far.
    Last edited by druce26; 05-22-2014 at 06:17 PM.
    I NEED 02/03 Topps Heritage Calder Cloth cards!!!
    Always looking for signed Philadelphia Sports Illustrateds!
    Have an odd Richie Ashburn item? I might want it!
    Looking for 66-67 Topps Hockey

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I got Leyland back in January, and he also ignored my questions- so I'm guessing no lol

SCF Rewards
    Country

I got Erskine back yesterday with the questions unanswered! He did write me a little note and sent a signed postcard for a book. Still a really nice guy :)

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Oakland Athletics
    COMC Cards For Sale

everyone ive wrote question to has answered them

bobby doerr - i asked which pitcher he liked facing or did the best against....he circled "like" and put "not bob feller" lmao
    bobby bonilla - said he enjoyed playing for each of the teams he played for
    pat neshek - said his favorite personal autograph was napoleon bonaparte, and fav player as a kid was tony gywnn
    dick schoefield - enoyed playing with musial
    johny schmidtz (rip) - fav player was charlie gehringer
    bobby thompson (rip)- couldnt beleive the hr he hit (shot heard round the world)
    carl erskine - his fav accomplishment was the ws so record

a couple more, i cant remember off the top of my head lol
    Last edited by stlcardinalsfan; 07-02-2014 at 06:42 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

everyone ive wrote question to has answered them

bobby doerr - i asked which pitcher he liked facing or did the best against....he circled "like" and put "not bob feller" lmao
    bobby bonilla - said he enjoyed playing for each of the teams he played for
    pat neshek - said his favorite personal autograph was napoleon bonaparte, and fav player as a kid was tony gywnn
    dick schoefield - enoyed playing with musial
    johny schmidtz (rip) - fav player was charlie gehringer
    bobby thompson (rip)- couldnt beleive the hr he hit (shot heard round the world)
    carl erskine - his fav accomplishment was the ws so record
    a couple more, i cant remember off the top of my head lol

thats odd that Neshek said his fav player was Gwynn for you. When I asked the same question, he said Kirby Puckett haha. Could be due to Gwynns recent passing though.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Oakland Athletics
    COMC Cards For Sale

thats odd that Neshek said his fav player was Gwynn for you. When I asked the same question, he said Kirby Puckett haha. Could be due to Gwynns recent passing though.

i got neshek back in 2010

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12