Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See sp0odini's Items on eBay

On eBay you can get certain collectors fighting eachother for a card that shouldn't be worth as much was bid on it. Also, eBay doesn't take into account all the card collectors as I am sure some of them don't use eBay. There is no real way to determine values, just ways that can be shown as examples.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

thats why you take a sampling of the completed auctions. If there are 10 of a sepcific card that have ended, you can average and help eleviate the issue of two collectors fighting for a specific card.

I never said it was without variables, but it's still a better way to get an acurate price of what you cards would be worth as apposed to beckett.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See e1luk's Items on eBay

people think i'm crazy when i offer them 6 or 8 dollars for an SP authentic auto here...hell i just won a sean may sp auto rc for 5 dollars and they say I'M the crazy one.

high bv's never meant anything to me. if anything, you're OVERPAYING if you're paying the LOW BV value.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bwacards11's Items on eBay

A card sells for $7 on ebay. Is it still worth $50 because the one guy who writes the beckett says so?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See rayny1's Items on eBay

eBay can be funny. I`ve seen the same cards sell for very different prices. One week a card can sell for $20+ but the following week it only goes for $8.00. It`s all luck and timing imo. You have to be lucky and hope that someone who is actually looking for that card sees your auction. Not to mention some of the buy it now auctions that most of us don`t see. Some people list cards valued at $150.00 for less than half BV and they get eaten up as "steals". It`s tricky to figure out but if you have the time you can come up with a BV/SV combined.

SCF Rewards
    Country

yah ppl always talk about sell value which ruins the trading if they wanna sell its just a mouse click away.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Arkanethug's Items on eBay

For me I use sell value and Beckett Value. Depends on the Situation. Recently I had listed a 2005 Sweet Spot Gold auto of Jim Plunkett /50 Beckett says it's worth 50 but with two days left they're were no bids so I pulled it. It may have sold for 50 or so or maybe less. I rather trade a 50 card for a 50 card. I try to use ebay or sell value only on new cards that aren't booked/ due to scarcity or on some occasions when the serial number is low. I had a 2005 Leaf Limited Dual GU Aikman 25/25 that Beckett said was worth $30 but I sold it for almost 60 dlvd and had a $100 card that I sold for like $69. For the most part I try not to go off of ebay prices but if someone ask me a price and I dont know what to ask (I dont sell cards at 100% beckett) I browse ebay. I'm sure I've gave prices for cards that are too high for some but I am always open to counter offers. I remember I quoted some one a price of 8-10 for an auto card and he offered me $3-4 dlvd. I looked on ebay and saw that was about the going rate and the deal was sealed.

I know that alot of people frown upon ebay but lets face it it's the true resell value of a card or the real card value at that given time. There's a lot flaws in ebay I suppose but personally I like to compare beckett and ebay. Put it this way I would never quote a Bush auto for $1500 but had I not looked at ebay and if I had that card I would have said 2-300 tops.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456