Thread: UD Canvas
05-28-2014, 03:41 PM #1
I recently decided that I was going to try to collect all Capitals UD Canvas cards from each year and try to get them signed (I'm a season ticket holder and go to numerous events, so it shouldn't be too hard). Anyway, I need some information about the UD Canvas program.
1. How long have they been making Canvas hockey cards? What was the first year? Have they made them every year since?
2. Do they only make certain players on canvas? Or does every card have a Canvas parallel (like Exclusives)?
3. Does anyone know a reliable source for Canvas print runs? They aren't numbered, but they are still pretty hard to come by.
I know some of those questions may seem simple, but I have only recently taken an interest in those cards and never really paid attention to them before. Thanks for your help.SHARKS/CAPITALS Fan +++++++++++++++++++++++ Tomas Hertl cards: 90 and counting Hidden Content
03-04 Topps Pristine Die-Cut Gold Refractor #67 Sergei Gonchar (#/33) (Capitals)
07-08 UD Big Playmakers jersey or patch insert of #BP-BO Peter Bondra (Blackhawks)
Traders: Hidden Content (organized by team)
05-28-2014, 03:56 PM #2
1. They have made the canvas cards for 3 years now. 11-12, 12-13, and 13-14.
2. Only certain players have Canvas cards. The canvas set is roughly half the size of the regular set (including rookies) IIRC.
3. They're more rare than the base version of course, but I imagine the print run is still rather large. Someone who is better at numbers can weigh in, but I can't see there being less than 1000 of each card out there. The Canvas YG's are harder to pull than the base canvas, and there are other SP's such as Team Canada and retired greats.
And also, good luck with the set! Cool idea that should look great!
05-28-2014, 04:36 PM #3
Checklist information for you:
2011-12 - http://opg.sportscardforum.com/scf/inv/viewset/148278
2012-13 - http://opg.sportscardforum.com/scf/inv/viewset/158120
2013-14 - http://opg.sportscardforum.com/scf/inv/viewset/169254
That should help you lock down the players you need.
The rest - not much we can do to help there since UD doesn't disclose print run information on this sort of thing.
05-28-2014, 05:01 PM #4
This would be a nice set if you are able to get the players who have Canvas cards to sign as they look really nice
They are not a parallel set
Base sets per series are 90 cards.... odds for base are 1 in every 6 packs and have different photos than the UD base set
YGs per series are 30 cards..... odds for YGs are 1 in every 48 packs and also have different photos than UD YG
Series 2 for 2011-12 and 2013-14 also have
Retired Stars 15 cards ... odds for Retired Stars are 1 in every 144 packs
Team Canada Program of Excellence ( POE ) 15 cards ... odds are 1 in every 288 packs
Good luck PM if you go ahead as I do have some traders from all 3 years
05-28-2014, 05:14 PM #5
With the autographs, be sure to use a relatively thin marker or they will bleed.
I've got this beauty here:
Before I sent these in to get done, I experimented a fair bit with different Sharpies on common Canvas cards. They do tend to stay pretty nice but the odd one does bleed--black was pretty bad for it with one of the pens I tried on it.
05-28-2014, 07:18 PM #6
Man never have a card that was not meant to be an auto signed. Bad mistake
05-28-2014, 07:19 PM #7
05-28-2014, 07:21 PM #8
That is just my opinion. I remember people doing that to the 1998 Peyton Manning SP Authentic Rookie. Tainted the card.
05-28-2014, 07:27 PM #9
05-28-2014, 07:32 PM #10