Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: UD Canvas

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Kessel_fan_87's Items on eBay

I collect for reasons other than money but it seems the integrity of the Brendan Gallagher card was compromised for a quick profit.

Ive gotten cards signed by Tiger Williams IP before and there never ever leaving my side. As others have mentioned its not all about $$$$. This is a hobby for most so just let us enjoy it won't ya?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Winnipeg Jets Boston Bruins
    See timothystar's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

Is all relative eh? One possibly may be less inclined to have a BGS 10 OPC Orr RC signed...I like the OP's idea though, think the Canvas cards are a great looking cards for IP's, the less shiny surface makes the auto's stand-out! Hope to get one of my 4 Trouba's signed for my Personal collection...same for the SPx foil card, can't think of any other reason U.D. put that big white stripe on there for!
    Bucket: Hidden Content

Sets: 20 12/13 Artifacts
    Players: Ovechkin, star YG's.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Is all relative eh? One possibly may be less inclined to have a BGS 10 OPC Orr RC signed...I like the OP's idea though, think the Canvas cards are a great looking cards for IP's, the less shiny surface makes the auto's stand-out! Hope to get one of my 4 Trouba's signed for my Personal collection...same for the SPx foil card, can't think of any other reason U.D. put that big white stripe on there for!

By far, one of the silliest designs I've ever seen.

"Ok, so this big white stripe, that's for the autograph parallel, right?"

"What? No, why would you even think that?"

"I just thought it made se-"

"No! Put it over the player's body! The white stripe is sacred, you idiot!"

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Winnipeg Jets Boston Bruins
    See timothystar's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

:p

SCF Rewards
    Country
    San Jose Sharks Washington Capitals
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I heard that it was a printing error rather than a conscious decision - they were supposed to be much more bold so that you could readily see "ROOKIES" across the strip. Still, never should have made it out the door like that. And I agree that the auto parallel looks ridiculous with the sticker slapped in a standard horizontal fashion. They really botched SPx this year.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Man never have a card that was not meant to be an auto signed. Bad mistake

That is just my opinion. I remember people doing that to the 1998 Peyton Manning SP Authentic Rookie. Tainted the card.

I would tend to agree with you here, in principle, if I really felt the card was "investment" worthy. It's not that a signature ruins the card for me.... it's that it changes it for me. I don't know a whole lot about about football cards, but a quick check tells me there was no such thing as a Peyton Manning Auto RC.... and that SP Authentic was one of his more limited (I'm going to guess 'best') Rookie Card? It sells for really big bucks, based on the 30 seconds I looked at eBay for one.

An authenticated autograph copy wouldn't? I find that hard to believe. I would actually expect a slabbed / COA autographed version to sell for more... you're just limited in your market.

My opinion on getting cards signed, it's always been the same: your limiting your market... you might have a much harder time moving it.... so if you think you're doing it for "value" then maybe you should think again. Don't get IP autos because you're going to make money off them, get them because you want them.

That Gallagher card (sorry Habs fans) isn't going to be worth more than the $25 it sells for now at any point in the next 50 years. It's not a rookie card, it's not particularly limited, it just looks really cool. That it's signed, and comes with a COA that's actually worth the paper it's printed on (unlike most COAs / LOAs you see online) makes it a pretty cool item. Would I want it? No, not really. I'm not a Habs fan or a Gallagher fan.... but it does look pretty nice.

I'm just don't understand how you can suggest that getting cards signed by the players can some how "taint" them. Makes them a little bit useless for set builders.... but so what?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See 416gibby's Items on eBay

I sorta collect the Canvas cards...lol

I like the Gallagher. I will add one if there any left after I take a couple more stabs at a Tavares Canvas Signature and the 2 2011-12 Canvas cards I need for my set.

If getting a card signed ruins the card in your eyes that is your opinion it is not right or wrong it is an opinion just like cutting up a Terry Sawchuk Game Used Jersey is ruined in my eyes to make cards that have a little piece. Not right or wrong just an opinion.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I sorta collect the Canvas cards...lol

I like the Gallagher. I will add one if there any left after I take a couple more stabs at a Tavares Canvas Signature and the 2 2011-12 Canvas cards I need for my set.

If getting a card signed ruins the card in your eyes that is your opinion it is not right or wrong it is an opinion just like cutting up a Terry Sawchuk Game Used Jersey is ruined in my eyes to make cards that have a little piece. Not right or wrong just an opinion.

I appreciate that greatly. :) Good luck landing one of those Tavares cards - I still want to get one of the Price ones for myself!

SCF Rewards
    Country

I would tend to agree with you here, in principle, if I really felt the card was "investment" worthy. It's not that a signature ruins the card for me.... it's that it changes it for me. I don't know a whole lot about about football cards, but a quick check tells me there was no such thing as a Peyton Manning Auto RC.... and that SP Authentic was one of his more limited (I'm going to guess 'best') Rookie Card? It sells for really big bucks, based on the 30 seconds I looked at eBay for one.

An authenticated autograph copy wouldn't? I find that hard to believe. I would actually expect a slabbed / COA autographed version to sell for more... you're just limited in your market.

My opinion on getting cards signed, it's always been the same: your limiting your market... you might have a much harder time moving it.... so if you think you're doing it for "value" then maybe you should think again. Don't get IP autos because you're going to make money off them, get them because you want them.

That Gallagher card (sorry Habs fans) isn't going to be worth more than the $25 it sells for now at any point in the next 50 years. It's not a rookie card, it's not particularly limited, it just looks really cool. That it's signed, and comes with a COA that's actually worth the paper it's printed on (unlike most COAs / LOAs you see online) makes it a pretty cool item. Would I want it? No, not really. I'm not a Habs fan or a Gallagher fan.... but it does look pretty nice.

I'm just don't understand how you can suggest that getting cards signed by the players can some how "taint" them. Makes them a little bit useless for set builders.... but so what?

Your project was still cool I just would not do that myself to a card. It is all matter of opinion and perspective.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast