Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: UD Canvas

SCF Rewards
    Country

I collect for reasons other than money but it seems the integrity of the Brendan Gallagher card was compromised for a quick profit.

A quick profit..... by a diehard Montreal fan who will most likely never get rid of the card?

SCF Rewards
    Country

I'm not a fan alt all of cards getting signed IP after the fact but that Gallagher is beautifully done

SCF Rewards
    Country
    San Jose Sharks Washington Capitals
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Is it at all possible that some people collect for reasons other than money?

Yeah, I am just trying to start up a new team collection, since the GD card companies make it virtually impossible to collect one of every players' card from your team anymore. Figured it would look real nice in a folder.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thanks! Looks like it is just 21 Caps cards, so that shouldn't be hard at all.

Checklist information for you:

2011-12 - http://opg.sportscardforum.com/scf/inv/viewset/148278
    2012-13 - http://opg.sportscardforum.com/scf/inv/viewset/158120
    2013-14 - http://opg.sportscardforum.com/scf/inv/viewset/169254

That should help you lock down the players you need.

The rest - not much we can do to help there since UD doesn't disclose print run information on this sort of thing.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

A quick profit..... by a diehard Montreal fan who will most likely never get rid of the card?

Oh you, you're making me blush.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I collect for reasons other than money but it seems the integrity of the Brendan Gallagher card was compromised for a quick profit.

Not that I need to justify myself to the likes of you but I rounded up 11 copies of this card and then sent them to a highly-respected company that does private signings so that fellow fans could have a very cool and limited edition autographed copy of the Canvas YG. I produced COA's, I had the cards put into one-touches and sealed with a tamper-proof holo foil. This isn't some quick outside-the-practice-rink job while Brendan's on his way out of the arena. This is a professionally done project. I wouldn't have done it otherwise.

I'm sure that the Habs/Gallagher fans who own these cards have absolutely no questions about the integrity of the card, and indeed quite like them.

Did I make a couple bucks in the process. Sure. But I put a lot of time and my own money into making it happen because I know that there's a lot of great fans out there that would love to own something like that. It's unique. It looks great. It doesn't take away anything from the literally thousands of other copies of the card that are on the market.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Buffalo Sabres Buffalo Bills Carolina Panthers
    See mondo1132's Items on eBay

I see nothing wrong with having a card you like signed. I have several higher value cards signed IP, and I can care less about how it affects the value. It means more to me to have a Gil Perreault GU card that has an autograph with it that no one else has, than keeping its true BV.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Oh you, you're making me blush.

Haha, I think this has been three threads today where we've fully agreed on something! Dare I say, that a Sens/Leafs fan and a Habs fan can co-exist? I think we have entered a brave new world, and humanity will thrive based on the great lengths we have gone to accept each other.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Besides, anyone who collects cards solely to make money is bound to end up in the poorhouse...

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

Haha, I think this has been three threads today where we've fully agreed on something! Dare I say, that a Sens/Leafs fan and a Habs fan can co-exist? I think we have entered a brave new world, and humanity will thrive based on the great lengths we have gone to accept each other.

Some of my best friends are Senators fans. LOL

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast