Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Comc, Ebay, or here to move stuff

Lately I have had a lot of trouble moving stuff on ebay and the fees simply add up.

Which route should I take to move stuff I do not need.

Comc is the most time efficient way because they scan, list and do most of the work for you. On the negative side it is very tough to sell items on there and also you have to pay storage fees for them to house your items.

Ebay works for higher priced items in fixed price form for me a lot of the time. Lately not much has been moved and I ran out of free listings for the month so I have to wait until June to list more.

I would like to move stuff on here but it seems very difficult. I posted a thread about an hour ago with some decent stuff but not one message or reply on the thread I made. Is it that tough to sell on here?

What is the best route to move stuff out quickly and efficiently?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Winnipeg Jets Boston Bruins
    See timothystar's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

Not a great time to sell, even Mackinnon YG's are falling fast....I think Ebay is still the best to reach the most buyers, even with fees you will get more $$'s than on here. 30-40% BV seems about the best you can get on here...jmho
    Bucket: Hidden Content

Sets: 20 12/13 Artifacts
    Players: Ovechkin, star YG's.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Detroit Red Wings Minnesota Vikings Phoenix Coyotes
    See mattdmc2931's Items on eBay Upper Deck ePack

High end try here first, if they don't sell list on ebay. Low end (anything under $10 sell price) send off to COMC.

You shouldn't be too worried about COMC's storage fees, its free for the first 90 days and then its only a penny a month after that. If your cards are priced fairly and not jacked up through the roof then you should be able to sell a fair amount before any fees start arising.

Thats what I would do.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

It's the middle of the day in large parts of North America - most of us do our trading stuff in the evening or out of the office. I'll be taking a peak at the thread for sure.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (116)
    Country
    See patsfan12's Items on eBay

I find Ebay is best. On here nobody is willing to pay more than 70% of Ebay unless it's a rare PC item. COMC is good for smaller items if you want to re-spend the money on there, otherwise you are out 20% of the sales price if you cash out.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Michigan Wolverines Seattle Seahawks
    Twitter: @kylemclaren7 See kydollarsign's Items on eBay Instagram:

man it's been an HOUR on a weekday afternoon.... calm down lol

SCF Rewards
    Country

eBay is always the best when it comes to selling stuff. COMC was great until they were destroyed by Beckett and had to start over. Until they clean up their mess I wouldn't go their route because they aren't back to being 100%. Here has the advantage of being FREE.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Country

how were Comc destroyed by Beckett? I noticed you have to pay an extra .25 now for shipping now.

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

My cards are too old to sell successfully on here. 85% of Hockey members on here think that 2001-02 is Old School, which brings me no end of delight. I shudder to think was 82-83 means.

eBay is the easiest place to sell, because the World is the marketplace…Here and COMC very finite market. How was COMC destroyed by Beckett? Were they sued for publishing suggested Beckett pricing?

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Ebay is BY FAR the easiest. It's almost the most expensive.

COMC, I find very good... but I'm lazy :) I've sold over 700 cards there since last fall, averaging about $1.25 each. There's been lots of 35 cent cards, but there's been lots of $2, $5, and even a few $10 cards in there as well. You are not going to use it to get rich.... but I find it a pretty easy way to unload cards that are unsellable here or eBay. Stuff that nobody wants, because shipping is more expensive than the card, so COMC fixes the issue.

The Beckett problem they had, is that BV is no longer listed on the site. I will admit, it was really nice. Not because I care even a little bit about what Beckett says.... but if I had a card that was listed in Beckett for $25, and I was willing to sell it for $10.... and then took $7 on a best offer, the buyer thinks they're getting a really good deal (and I was thrilled to unload it for $7). Without the BV, I've been finding it harder to sell.

They've also been re-doing the catalog, and it's taking time. There are mistakes in there still, but my understanding is that when they're all done (and I expect this to be several months down the road, not weeks) the site is going to be better than ever. We'll see.

As for here, I've always found it very easy to trade.... selling is a bit more challenging. Nobody wants $1 cards, and your market is so much smaller (vs ebay) when selling bigger dollar stuff. Lots of members do very well though, likely because they've got more inventory (of newest stuff) than I do.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast