Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

nathan mackinnon dominion rc hold or sell???

Hello everyone
    we just picked up a mackinnon dominion rookie 3 clr /99 to join the hype. I dont usually buy dominion so was wondering what other collectors opinions were on this card
    Should this be a card that could continue to rise or that we should sell/trade
    He had a great rookie year at the age of 18 but whats in store for the future??
    Thanks in advance for sharing your thoughts

SCF Rewards
    Country

As a huge Avalanche fan and Mac fan who still has yet to acquire a YG or FWA as much as I hate to say it ... just wait till after the NHL awards to sell ... though he is a shoe-in you should get the most return once he is officially announced as the Calder winner .... i won't be buying around that time, but that is when I would sell

SCF Rewards
    Country

As a huge Avalanche fan and Mac fan who still has yet to acquire a YG or FWA as much as I hate to say it ... just wait till after the NHL awards to sell ... though he is a shoe-in you should get the most return once he is officially announced as the Calder winner .... i won't be buying around that time, but that is when I would sell

Calder won't do anything. Everyone already knows he won it.

His dominion was relatively cheap in the middle of the season. $500-700, now I'm sure it's well into the 4 figures. Chances are he'll go down like every card does unless he becomes better than Crosby. Plus cup rc will come out...

Dominion is a very nice card, very clean looking.
    I guess depends what you bought in for.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Have a pic of it? What's the condition?
    Collect what you like. Simple.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Depends on what You payed for it I guess. I jump on the band wagon and Purchased 12 different rookies a few ygs , anthology rookie auto and some other mid end stuff. My Plan Sit and wait a bit. Since I Bought my Yg they have gone up around 20$ a card SV. My Other stuff seems to be sitting around the same price of what I payed for it. Only stuff ill be keeping is the YGs other then that I believe after the NHL awards ill throw something up on ebay and test the water with it I think.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (116)
    Country
    See patsfan12's Items on eBay

Short term maybe hold for a bit but long term the Panini factor will catch up to it. The reality is the big spenders in this hobby are not interested in Panini rookies over the long haul and this will become even more apparent once the UD exclusive starts up again. Look at Pacific rookie cards from the early 2000's and how cheap they can be had compared to their UD counterparts.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Short term maybe hold for a bit but long term the Panini factor will catch up to it. The reality is the big spenders in this hobby are not interested in Panini rookies over the long haul and this will become even more apparent once the UD exclusive starts up again. Look at Pacific rookie cards from the early 2000's and how cheap they can be had compared to their UD counterparts.

agree here Panini cards are worth 1/2 the value of UD on average. Dump it and buy some Upper Deck cards of him.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See the*cup's Items on eBay

My unbiased opinion: SELL SELL SELL before Ultimate, National Treasures, and The Cup come out - it will be rendered obsolete!

Mac is a great young player, but his stuff is SO overpriced - Ice RC's selling for more than Stamkos's! Considering that Mac's upside is about as high as Stamkos's current ability (50-60 goals, 90-100 pts), this is absurd. Wait until next season when he is in an inevitable sophomore slump and pick up some cards (even the same one if you want) at lower prices.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See thorni2's Items on eBay

Sell, sell, sell. Panini products don't keep value.

SCF Rewards
    Country

agree here Panini cards are worth 1/2 the value of UD on average. Dump it and buy some Upper Deck cards of him.

He's worth more than any current UD card. ...

I'll trade spx mac for dominion? ?? He should that....

All UD cards are worth nothing unless cup or /99 or lower rc's
    All panini cards are worth nothing unless /99 or lower rc's

Panini is not going out of business like Pacific.

Nothing goes up just down with time, sadly.

What UD cards are holding value from this year????