Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Is collecting Cards Worth It? (Hello from New York)

Hello all, when I was younger (I'm 18 now), I casually collected the Upper Deck baseball cards and entered the codes on the back of them online. I have no clue if they still do that, and have not bought any type of card in years. With that said, I have decided I want to start collecting Baseball, football, and basketball cards starting with the 2014 editions and working my way back if I want. Now, is this worth it?

Edit: Are there WWE cards out there as well?
    Last edited by RyanLaFalce; 06-20-2014 at 10:06 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I know Topps Baseball this year has a Power Players promotion where you can enter codes on the back of cards with a Power Player logo on them to try to win prizes.

As for WWE cards, I know Topps makes WWE cards. If you go to the "Other Sports Card Forum" section, there is a Wrestling section in there where you might be able to find cards you're looking for. I hope that helps. Welcome to the site.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Miami Dolphins New York Mets Miami Heat
    See FLIHGH's Items on eBay

Hey Ryan. I'm 18 like you, and ask this question all of the time. I have recently slowed down and simply focused on my player collection, and I think it is worth every penny. I originally tried collecting every base set, but it got a little easy. Player collecting is tough but rewarding.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thanks for the replies guys. Right now, I'm just looking to start my collection with 2014 cards and on. I do want to try and get the Legion of Boom members rookie cards, and maybe a few other things.

SCF Rewards
    Country

It is a hobby but you can also make money doing it if you spend time, research, and get lucky. You should look at it more as having fun and using entertainment money from your budget. Some people like to go to the movies while other people don't. So the money you would have spent on a movie could be used on an autograph of a HOF player for example.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See Greengoblin782's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders

Hey Ryan, Welcome to SCF. If you are only collecting for the hobby and sometimes selling it is definitely worth it, but if not selling and making a profit from opening boxes and cases is hard. Topps normally have 2 products of WWE cards out each year. WWE Topps 2014 came out in like December and WWE Topps 2014 Chrome just came out two weeks ago.

You can click the link below for the Wrestling Forum.
    Wrestling-Forum

SCF Rewards
    Country

Hey Ryan, Welcome to SCF. If you are only collecting for the hobby and sometimes selling it is definitely worth it, but if not selling and making a profit from opening boxes and cases is hard. Topps normally have 2 products of WWE cards out each year. WWE Topps 2014 came out in like December and WWE Topps 2014 Chrome just came out two weeks ago.

You can click the link below for the Wrestling Forum.
    Wrestling-Forum

What are the sites I can get packs for WWE and other sports?

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See Greengoblin782's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders

What are the sites I can get packs for WWE and other sports?

Dave & Adams Card World have a great selection of WWE cards and other sports.

http://www.dacardworld.com/

SCF Rewards
    Country

Dave & Adams Card World have a great selection of WWE cards and other sports.

http://www.dacardworld.com/

They don't have single packs.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Oakland Athletics
    COMC Cards For Sale

They don't have single packs.

walmart target and kmart usually always have packs.

welcome to the site.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast