Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thread: Good find

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See 519waf's Items on eBay

Good find

Picked up a near complete set of 1985-86 OPC. A thrift store had an estimated value of 150 on them and were asking 50.

Will be looking for these 8 cards
    109 Dale Hawerchuk
    127 Bruce Driver
    145 Bernie Nicholls
    166 Tim Bernhardt
    257,258,259 which I think are League leaders cards
    262 Mario LL card

Cards are in awesome shape but i would like to know if there is a safe way to remove gum residue.

Thanks

Wayne
    Looking for D. Keon, T. Horton, P Henderson Leaf rookies

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Mighty sharp looking Lemieux!
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    UCB (114)
    Country

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    nice Lemieux and thats a sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetttt price for the set

AS for removing the gum residue, I would do a thing, it might only make the card worse
    if its just small areas or on the back of the cards just leave it

good luck and thanks for sharing
    jim

SCF Rewards
    Country

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    nice Lemieux and thats a sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetttt price for the set

AS for removing the gum residue, I would do a thing, it might only make the card worse
    if its just small areas or on the back of the cards just leave it

good luck and thanks for sharing
    jim

Looks like it is getting better as the manager had taken my name since i expressed interest in all hockey sports cards before 1990. She told me they have a large box in the back. She just called and asked if I wanted all sports and I said possibly but I would need to see them. Told me she will call back once she finishes sorting through them. She also told me when I come to look at them to bring my reciept for the ones I purchased as she forgot to take the 25% sale reduction off. So it looks like the set will only cost me 37.50.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    UCB (114)
    Country

Looks like it is getting better as the manager had taken my name since i expressed interest in all hockey sports cards before 1990. She told me they have a large box in the back. She just called and asked if I wanted all sports and I said possibly but I would need to see them. Told me she will call back once she finishes sorting through them. She also told me when I come to look at them to bring my reciept for the ones I purchased as she forgot to take the 25% sale reduction off. So it looks like the set will only cost me 37.50.

wow thats killer for sure now

what thift store might this be?

jim

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

Gum residue is laced with oil, and is integrated into the fabric of the cardboard. No coming out because of the Oil.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Gum residue is laced with oil, and is integrated into the fabric of the cardboard. No coming out because of the Oil.

Kind of figured that the residue won't come out entirely. Thought that maybe some would. I rember a friend ironing his older cards with a piece of wax paper between the iron and card. Don't remember why but was hoping that that may loosen/remove the residue some.

Will tell you once i have a chance to see what else they have.

wow thats killer for sure now

what thift store might this be?

jim

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Rangers Toronto Blue Jays
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Awesome find. Congratulations on the Lemieux.